World Street Photography 4 Book thoughts

Thanks for the video review.

Depending on where you buy it from do you think it is worth it's £35-£40 price tag?

I thought the layout used seemed somewhat haphazard in places

Thanks for the video review.

Depending on where you buy it from do you think it is worth it's £35-£40 price tag?

I thought the layout used seemed somewhat haphazard in places

I think it is worth it if you are into street photography and want to see what your contemporaries around the world are up to.

The layout is quite good, and split into sections of genre/competitions they had over the year. I was just picking some of the images I liked, but there are 250 pages.

Probably didn't help I was using a 50mm, should have used a 35/40 (and manually focused).

I think the front cover might put people off as well, as I think compared to the really good candid shots in the book it is really weak.

Well that's where we will differ then because I do not think it is worth it in my view

I am into street photography and I do not feel the need to drop £40 on a book to see what others are up to

I am into street photography and I do not feel the need to drop £40 on a book to see what others are up to

That is fair enough, I am sure you are not the only one that feels that way.

For me I like to see different takes from across the world, and purchasing this book shows my support to those that take part.

I would have also thought that most people that buy these books have probably entered some of the competitions.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look and comment :)

I enjoy your work by the way (y):snaphappy:

The last book I bought was Vivian Maier - Street Photographer

I also bought the film Everybody Street when it came out, which is a good watch if you haven't seen it

I enjoy your work by the way (y):snaphappy:

The last book I bought was Vivian Maier - Street Photographer

I also bought the film Everybody Street when it came out, which is a good watch if you haven't seen it

Thanks, much appreciated :)

What did you think about her work?

I have seen some of it, I need to watch it in full though.

Back