Critique WRC Wales 2015 Chirk Castle Saturday

Name
Gobind
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Gobind, for a first attempt you have done really well :) the panning has worked a treat. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the selective colouring I'm afraid. Its just a personal thing though as I've never really liked the technique.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Rob I appreciate your thoughts.

I don't really know how to use photoshop so the selective colouring is one of the first things I learnt how to do - I guess I should learn something else now :D

Having given it a go it really is hats off to all the other threads here as the images on those threads are just awesome ;)

Forest stage next year methinks!

I was given tickets for Chirk but in the end i paid for a forest pass. Far better shots to be had imo and worth the pain I'm feeling atm.

How did you find the Fooj? I really enjoyed using mine for motorsports when i had it.

Well done for getting out there and doing it. Your technique looks good.

David.

Thanks David :)

The Fooj XT1 was brilliant compared to my XE2, the newer firmware for camera and lens really made it easy to take action pics.

I had been toying with a dslr from Nikon but wanted to stay in the Fuji ecosystem so the xt1 was a gamble as I knew the Nikon d7200 autofocus was amazing - but I'm glad I took the leap of faith to the XT1 as there is very little hunting from the lens whereas my xe2 would have missed lots of those shots.

With the large hand grip the ergonomics of the XT1 are vastly improved too.

I'm no expert by any means so do take my comments with a pinch of salt, my intention is to learn to live with the foibles of the Fuji system as I love the handling of the fujis so much :)

That is an itch I can sympathise with - your forest pics look amazing :)

I'm hoping the XPro2 when/if it comes out will solve that problem as I'd like to stick with one system.

Did you need a tripod to use the 50-140 or was handheld ok?

Never used a tripod for motorsport, always hand held. Even at 1/10.

I've read a rumour that would point towards the XP2 being used to photograph Paris the day after the terrorist attacks. Problem with the XP series is that it's as ugly as sin imo. X-T2 is where it will be at when it is released. Although you'll need to sell a kidney.

Never used a tripod for motorsport, always hand held. Even at 1/10.

I've read a rumour that would point towards the XP2 being used to photograph Paris the day after the terrorist attacks. Problem with the XP series is that it's as ugly as sin imo. X-T2 is where it will be at when it is released. Although you'll need to sell a kidney.

I fear you may be right on the xt2 price.

Tbh I like the xp looks so if the sensor and autofocus is up to scratch I'll go that way :)

A really good set of images Gobind, with some great composition. The spot colour doesn't work for me on this occasion but that's purely a personal thing.(y)

George.

Back