Wren or Treecreeper ?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Took me a while to spot this little one, could here it singing but couldn't locate it, it was ready for off when I finally spotted it !
6t9q5051uf2.jpg

Is it a Wren ?

Its a Wren having a stretch to see what is going on. Well taken

Sometimes photos make me smile, this one did, great pose......(y)

Its a big crop, wish I had had the 100-400 on :( till I know where it hangs out now and I will be back !

Being honest, I think a lot of birds look better with some natural habitat in the shot, this one works for me as it is. Just my opinion of course.....:)

Being honest, I think a lot of birds look better with some natural habitat in the shot, this one works for me as it is. Just my opinion of course.....:)

I agree, if I had had the 100-400 on though I wouldn't have had to crop as far to get the same result, thus making it sharper - as it was the 70-200 was full out at 200 !

Out with the doogle tonight and took my camera, I was on a Wren hunt !

I could hear them and then there was one flitting around me, I mean close, damed thing, I had the 100-400 on so chance, lol, it was a bit quick anyway !

Then I spotted this........
6t9q0867xi9.jpg

I think this is maybe why I was getting buzzed by the other one, is this a young Wren, it was tiny and just sat sitting. I didn't want to get any closer as I had twigged about Mum at this point !

It's an adult Wren for sure - too well feathered just yet to be a juvenile. Wrens are a real challenge, so well done. (y)

Wrens are actually our second smallest bird, but only just beaten by the Goldcrest. It's not easy to fill the frame with 'em! :D

It's an adult Wren for sure - too well feathered just yet to be a juvenile. Wrens are a real challenge, so well done. (y)

Wrens are actually our second smallest bird, but only just beaten by the Goldcrest. It's not easy to fill the frame with 'em! :D

That is a rather large crop, OK if its not a young 'un there is an little Wren infestation up there, I will be back again, perhaps not with a yappy terrier and a bright red hoody, lol !

Back