wtcc from Brands hatch

Edit My Images
Yes
A few i took on the sat of the WTCC event at Brands hatch earlier his year.
PICT0037.JPG

PICT0231.JPG

a3.jpg

a41.jpg

a21.jpg

a11.jpg

PICT0029.JPG

Was it dark?

Very very dark. it was like night time. Very Shaded part of the track, and huge storm clouds and showers/rain, from which i was trying to shelter from. You couldnt actually see the dark car's like the alfa's with the naked eye until they switched there headlights on. I know the pictures are dark, but the images are lighter than it was in real life.

PICT0318.JPG

PICT0215.JPG

They look good apart from the underexposure you may be able to do more with the originals in Photoshop, I know you haven't got edit ticked so i hope you don't mind me having a quick play, if you do i will pull the pic.

PICT0318.jpg

not great but as i say playing with the originals may give you more. You can certainly improve the brightness/exposure a little, i have gone too much above tbh but you get the idea.

PICT0037.jpg

Hi PPP, i have no problem with people editting my photo's, its quite interesting to see other's take on the image. (i have no objection to sending the originals to any-one) I have no editting software at present, so everything i post is un-processed, i shall have to look at investing in something i think, not sure what to get yet tho..

(how do set the edit marker?)

in quick links at the top of the page you can edit your profile, in there is a tick box to show you are happy for people to edit stuff.

looking again my edit of the Alfa is pants really i will have another play later.

Some editing would really help these.

Night shooting is really hard. If there is a little ambient light (if the track is lit for example) then a high ISO and wide aperture can sometimes be enough. Kind of like this:

DSC_1085-01a.jpg

If it is pitch black then you either have to use flash (which I dont know how to do properly, especially for panning) or dod what I did at Britcar Night Race at Brands, which is locate yourself on a corner, and wait for two cars to pass together and allow the second car to light the side of the first car with it's headlights. Kind of like this:

DSC_5554-01a.jpg

looking again my edit of the Alfa is pants really i will have another play later.

If you use shadow/highlight theres actually a fair bit of detail you can get out of that pic but it is very underexposed.

Some nice shots there Joe.

Just downloaded a free program to play with the original. Any better?

c2.jpg

Thanks for the honest comments, only my first season with a camera, so any advice in how to improve them is greatly appriecated

i will have a go at a bit of processing on a couple of these tomorrow evening, not got CS on my laptop for some reason!

OK, opened with CS2.

Levels, shadow and highlight, shadows up 100%, highlights slightly, did not move exposure, duplicate layer, lighten 100% opacity, framed.

Opened in Noiseware and ran through as default then ran a velvia plug in to boost colours and resharpened it with smart sharpen.

Not really up to much as not ideal pic to edit.

Well that certainly brought a dull (light wise) image to life!

Blimey nice one Diego, i like that alot, a very nice image. Looking at that you wouldnt believe it was dark.

Ally, from memory i was using shutter speeds of between 1/25- 1/100, anything below the 1/25 are simply blair'd. ISO levelswhere automatic, so between 1-160 (just learnt of a new manuel function to adjust that myself) aperture i cant remember, was a couple months back now.

excellent effort from Pete, i wont even bother trying cos i wont get it better than that!

Nice pics.

Have a press pass? the last one looks like the entrance to the final corner. looks like the Sat afternoon?

Wet was a bit of a understatment tho, i fitted the tent on dry land, the following day the tent was in a puddle. likely the sleeping area has built in high lip water tight, otherwise we would have been sleeping in water lol

I have some taken at better light, just lack any action really.

cheers

you're right, that was Clearways coming onto the start/finish straight.

didn't have media accreditation, no. there is a flap in the fence that's normally used for tv cameras for the bigger meetings held at Brands. I just aimed my lens through it :)

cheers

you're right, that was Clearways coming onto the start/finish straight.

didn't have media accreditation, no. there is a flap in the fence that's normally used for tv cameras for the bigger meetings held at Brands. I just aimed my lens through it :)

i like that idea..very good!:D

I know that hole dave

med_1156704942-PICT0159.JPG

not always left open.

thats from an historic event.

Back