WTE to Norfolk

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I see that White-Tailed Eagles are to be re-introduced to west Norfolk next year and that they're from Poland. It would have been this year but for Covid restrictions although Poland is on the UK green list I assume this is in relation to the handlers rather than the eagles :D

We're off to Mull tomorrow and the lady who runs a post office on the south west side of the island and just along the road from our cottage, posted a photo on FB a few weeks ago of a WTE on the edge of the loch opposite her PO. It was being 'bombed' by a couple of hooded crows. Three days later she posted another photo.....16 WTE on the same spot.:eek:

Norfolk.

Last edited:
Nice to see the reintroduction of WTE but I do wonder how welcome they will be by locals. A local Facebook group to me had a post about seeing a Red Kite and that she was worried they would take pets from gardens. Red Kites we’re reintroduced a few decades ago but we still have people who worry about issues that aren’t there. That’s social media driving hype and getting people worried hear odd comments.

Back