WWT Slimbridge Closing - Again

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Just been notified that WWT Slimbridge is now closing except for a few perimeter hides.
No facilities available and request to observe 'social distancing'.
I assume this will be the same for the other WWT sites.

Thanks for the heads up Roger. Just looked at the website and yes they're all closing, though I can't say I'm surprised. We were going to go up there and just wander round the collection, avoiding the hides. Not now............
Anyone else wish human beings were able to hibernate?

Martin Mere the same :(

Ive just signed up a member of WWT Slimbridge - e mail states open for members, ( Side Gate ) but I think, I'll give it a miss, plenty of land on the Levels to wander around without meeting another soul - the joy of having access to private land

Les

Just heard that Slimbridge is again closing due to the new lockdown.

It was to be expected. The Industrial Museum where I volunteer never opened since last March but we were to tentatively open to small parties this weekend, but that is going to be next year at the earliest.

WWT Welney is also open, except the hides, but including takeaway food at £5 admission.

WWT Welney is also open, except the hides, but including takeaway food at £5 admission.

Same at Arundel, got an email from them yesterday

Last edited:
I had a mail from Slimbridge too- very sad

Les :(

Ive just signed up a member of WWT Slimbridge - e mail states open for members, ( Side Gate ) but I think, I'll give it a miss, plenty of land on the Levels to wander around without meeting another soul - the joy of having access to private land
Les

Judging by the photos you post,Les..hanging around the Tone is better than Slimbridge. I didn't realise it was private land,though but having said that in the back of y mind I think you have mentioned it. before. I thought you just had good spots to go to along the river.

The situation seems very variable - we have had emails today from the National Trust and Westonbirt Arboretum saying that they are staying open pretty much as (recent) normal (although only outside, especially NT places).

Judging by the photos you post,Les..hanging around the Tone is better than Slimbridge. I didn't realise it was private land,though but having said that in the back of y mind I think you have mentioned it. before. I thought you just had good spots to go to along the river.

Thank you John, yes private land indeed ( I was this chaps Gamekeeper for 20 years) and it borders the river - which is a bonus

Les :)

Just heard the report that Slimbridge has been confirmed as having Avian Flu, with several birds having succumbed - another blow, especially as winter migrants are arriving. :(

Back