WWT Slimbridge Wild Otters

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Two new wild otter cubs have been spotted on the reserve at WWT Slimbridge.
I have only seen an Otter here on two occasions so it is great to know that there are two more youngsters here now.

Wildlife camera footage courtesy of WWT.

Just seen that on my Facebook feed. Let's just hope that being late doesn't give them problems over the winter. I've only ever seen otters in the wild twice - both coastal otters in Wester Ross. One time out on Exmoor I got wildly excited only to get a better look and realise it was a mink................:(

Just seen that on my Facebook feed. Let's just hope that being late doesn't give them problems over the winter. I've only ever seen otters in the wild twice - both coastal otters in Wester Ross. One time out on Exmoor I got wildly excited only to get a better look and realise it was a mink................:(

The lateness is a concern Jan but from the footage they certainly look strong and healthy so hopefully they will progress well.
They have access to both the wetlands and the Severn estuary, so food will hopefully be available for them throughout the winter.

Cool.

It's been many years since I was last at Slimbridge, I was actually a teenager, so I'm guessing, 35 years ago or so. I used to live not too far away in the South Wales Valleys. Slimbridge was even then, a great local resource and it's good to see it still abundant in wildlife.

Plenty for them to eat in Slimbridge. Otters eat waterfowl.

Cool.

It's been many years since I was last at Slimbridge, I was actually a teenager, so I'm guessing, 35 years ago or so. I used to live not too far away in the South Wales Valleys. Slimbridge was even then, a great local resource and it's good to see it still abundant in wildlife.

Funny isn't it, I've only just been going since I retired a few years ago ... often saw the signs and passed the road into Slimbridge but never took the time to pop in before I retired. :)

Funny isn't it, I've only just been going since I retired a few years ago ... often saw the signs and passed the road into Slimbridge but never took the time to pop in before I retired. :)

It's a bit far away for me now I'm up in Ayrshire but if I were closer, I would be making more use of it. (y) I'll just have to put up with Lochwinnoch for now. :LOL:

We make an annual trip to Slimbridge, maybe twice a year. Bit of a trip from West London but always worth it. Saw Crane chicks earlier this year for the first time, and Spoonbills. We've been WWT members for years as the site in London is about 20 minutes away, and they do make a decent coffee there :eek:

Nice gramps - if your ever up this way Brandon Marsh otters do show in the day quite a lot..

i've been told a couple of times now,oh y'ave just missed the otters by mins at brandon tis a lovely place.

Roger one stella sighting for my life and one fun just before. It's .not every day one watches an otter hunt a mill stream in clear water from say 12 feet away and directly above (mill roof:whistle:) . Point of interest .....I guess it would be upstream of these on the severn they seem to be doing well on the servern

It's wonderful to have these guys about and seemingly doing better.:) Us horrible lot don't snag many inland otter pics do we;)

TFS just lovely mate to read the above

merry chrimbo:D

stu

Back