Xbox One X 1TB Console - Worth it?

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I have the original xbox one. Today I was in game and they gave me all the bla bla bla about how much better the xbox one x is.

I want to know from real people on here though. If you have it should I upgrade? I have a 4k Sony tv to play it on.

Reading reviews there seems to be about 20% horror stories about it not doing updates properly, it freezing, having to factory reset. The console dying after a couple of months, and so on.

So, has anyone on here got one? Is it good? Do you have problems?

To be honest, I had the choice of going One X or One S earlier in the year. I went for the One S and it upscales to 4k. I can't really tell much of a difference to my bothers X on his TV to my S on my TV (both 4k TV's).

Also depends how often you play it, if it's daily it's probably worth it but mine gets used once a month for gaming (bit more for BR) so wasn't worth it.

I do play it daily.

I read the S has much the same as the original (what I have) inside it on a review site.

I have a xbox one but know quite a few who have the x. They all report its worth the upgrade if you can get a decent deal.
The main advantages are the visuals if you have the right display but also there is a big improvement in loading times and smoother play (I generally only play Destiny).

Game is doing a deal. If I trade in my one they will give me the x1x for £260 (90 odd quid for mine, store credit. Or 75 cash) better than ebaysite

I'm still rockin' a 360 :D

Reminds though of the old days with the RROD many experienced, never had red rings on either the old white 360 I had, or the black Elite I replaced it with. Had issues over the years, but nothing the vacuum cleaner couldn't fix - dust bunnies!

I have been pondering a long time on either an Xbone or Ps4 ... still can't decide.

I have the original xbox one. Today I was in game and they gave me all the bla bla bla about how much better the xbox one x is.

I want to know from real people on here though. If you have it should I upgrade? I have a 4k Sony tv to play it on.

Reading reviews there seems to be about 20% horror stories about it not doing updates properly, it freezing, having to factory reset. The console dying after a couple of months, and so on.

So, has anyone on here got one? Is it good? Do you have problems?

I don't have one but as for 4K gaming the only experience I have with this is World of Tanks and it's too much detail and actually ruins the visuals in areas such a foliage. 2K works much better. This was on a 4K TV though and not a monitor and also using a PC. I think a lot of people are annoyed with Microsoft at the moment regarding the Xbox One X because they have changed their minds about VR support. My Xbox One S plays everything fine upscaled on a 40" 4K TV and to be honest I cannot see any need to get native 4K gaming as the difference will probably be very small. It's quite a price hike for extra power which probably isn't needed for most games, I reckon running an SSD will probably have a more noticeable effect to speed up loading times. I've got a spare 512GB SSD drive which I'm going to connect up and see how it does.

I think the difference between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S is more substantial.

I'm still rockin' a 360 :D

Reminds though of the old days with the RROD many experienced, never had red rings on either the old white 360 I had, or the black Elite I replaced it with. Had issues over the years, but nothing the vacuum cleaner couldn't fix - dust bunnies!

I have been pondering a long time on either an Xbone or Ps4 ... still can't decide.

I was in the same position regarding Xbox One S or PS4 for my son and ended up getting the Xbox One S. I think the PS4 maybe has a better selection of games but the Xbox has a 4K player in it, Gigabit Ethernet (and not just wireless) plus being able to attach external SSD drives is handy even though the PS4 is supposed to be quite easy to upgrade the main HDD. I think it's also better/cheaper when it comes to backwards capability. I don't know much about the PS4 account side of things but with Microsoft it all links into your Microsoft account and you get weekly reports on how many hours spent playing games, apps etc. Handy if you've others using it, especially children with very easy options to restrict specific games.

I'm still not sure what to do. Mines 5 years old now. I think I'm leaning slightly towards the trade in deal

Game is doing a deal. If I trade in my one they will give me the x1x for £260 (90 odd quid for mine, store credit. Or 75 cash) better than ebaysite

Is that a used One X for £260 after you've put £90 trade in against it or will you still have that to spend? I wasn't keen on going second hand in case the HDD or fan was knackered, but then you get a warranty plus is it's the latter deal then that does seem pretty damn good.

Is that a used One X for £260 after you've put £90 trade in against it or will you still have that to spend? I wasn't keen on going second hand in case the HDD or fan was knackered, but then you get a warranty plus is it's the latter deal then that does seem pretty damn good.

A brand new one. The deal runs out in a few days. £260 plus my xbox one.

Even better lol I'd go for it! Even if it ends up not for you it can be traded in for pretty much the same money.

Last edited:
I hooked up an external 500GB SSD drive through a USB3 enclosure last night and transferred over the games and there is definitely a noticeable difference with the load times. It's not as obvious as when you change your main internal drive on a PC but still plenty to make it worthwhile. I'm also hoping it will increase the lifespan of the main internal drive in the Xbox, easier to replace the external one also.

I love my X, the only time I touch the PS4 Pro these days is for the exclusives games. It wasn't that long ago those roles were reversed and I only used my xbox for the exclusives, now every game is on the xbox, its better graphically than the PS4 pro. If you have a 4K tv then games look better using an X , if you haven't then I doubt its much better than One S.

I traded my S towards and X and I was not blown away. Your gonna have to sit pretty close to your 4k tv to notice anything. Yeah it's powerful and the enhanced games look good but to be honest I wouldn't upgrade if I could go back in time.

Back