XH558 farwell tour south, from the Gravesend prom.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I went along with many others, to Gravesend to capture the turning point over the river, it was pretty busy which hindered my attempts to capture the turn itself, which was over to my left. I used a 70-200 with a 1.4TC, as I wanted to capture some wide shots over the Marco Polo cruise ship.

XH558 The Vulcan Bomber, farewell tour south 11.10.15 by Paul Babington, on Flickr

XH558 The Vulcan Bomber, farewell tour south 11.10.15 by Paul Babington, on Flickr

It was just about the perfect send off for us southerners.

Spectacular… well rendered!

some great images there, 4&5 the best, shame abot the wind turbines in the others.

Lovely photos! I was standing right next to the Marco Polo on the "Essex" side - I can't help to think I should have made the trip across the river!

What a set!

Great set of shots, really like the 1st shot - a different take and works well for me.

Looks like you had cracking weather for it as well :)

Love the last 3 shots there.

Nice pictures

Thank you, I did capture another couple after these, but the pass seemed to be over so quickly.

I heard on another forum that although XH558 is retiring, they are working on a new 'Secret' project :) Here's hoping

Sounds very interesting.

Great set of shots, really like the 1st shot - a different take and works well for me.

Looks like you had cracking weather for it as well :)

Thank you, the next capture after the 1st shot was spoilt by the large turbine clipping the Vulcan, which was a shame. It was nice to see the MP there on arrival and even better when the flight path brought her in over and above, the weather was definitely the icing on the cake.

Back