Y garn Sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
On Friday evening i was sat in the car ready to go for sunset locally, but found my self feeling meh. I sat in the car for 20 mins out side the house looking at forecast's. It then dawned on me i haven't been to Ogwen for a while so i checked the weather and it looked ideal. I went back inside repacked my gear in to my rucksack and set the alarm for 2am.

The walk up the south east ridge is quite steep. steeper than what i thought but i managed to get to the summit in an hour 40 minutes.

It was pretty cloudy on top for a while and the wind chill was quite fresh but soon wore off once i started wandering around.

South East ridge
by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

moody edges

Yr Wyddfa

Y garn to Tryfan

Edit My Images
Yes
I agree with photo 1. It’s a fantastic picture but the sun does distract. I love the colours in photo 3, really soft warm tones. That is my favourite.

Great work!

Name
Nightmare
Edit My Images
No
1st one is the best and you absolutely need the sun and warm reds in the frame (otherwise why bother with sunrise?!). That's what makes it not miserable.

edit: in fact it just needs 5-10% more sky above the sun. Even if you don't have it is rather simple pattern and should replicate well in PS.

Last edited: