Y garn Sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
On Friday evening i was sat in the car ready to go for sunset locally, but found my self feeling meh. I sat in the car for 20 mins out side the house looking at forecast's. It then dawned on me i haven't been to Ogwen for a while so i checked the weather and it looked ideal. I went back inside repacked my gear in to my rucksack and set the alarm for 2am.

The walk up the south east ridge is quite steep. steeper than what i thought but i managed to get to the summit in an hour 40 minutes.

It was pretty cloudy on top for a while and the wind chill was quite fresh but soon wore off once i started wandering around.

South East ridge by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

moody edges by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Yr Wyddfa by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Y garn to Tryfan by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

See with No 1 -I'd crop it to remove the sun - it pulls the eye somewhat.

Not much wrong with 2 and 3 for the type of picture. I like 4 and the conversion it it seems a bit foreground heavy - the interesting stuff lies beyond the foreground.

So my pick is one, with a slight crop. Good picture.

I agree with photo 1. It’s a fantastic picture but the sun does distract. I love the colours in photo 3, really soft warm tones. That is my favourite.

Great work!

The composition of 1 and 4 is much stronger than of 2 and 3. I like the sun in 1, but would desaturate the red around it a little. What's 4 like in colour?

1st one is the best and you absolutely need the sun and warm reds in the frame (otherwise why bother with sunrise?!). That's what makes it not miserable.

edit: in fact it just needs 5-10% more sky above the sun. Even if you don't have it is rather simple pattern and should replicate well in PS.

Last edited:
Back