Y Lliwedd Snowdonia in crunchy snow

Edit My Images
No
Saw the forecast for Thursday and booked the day off....I had to!

I tried to catch sunrise at the top of the first peak but missed it even though I started in the dark :(

img_9585.jpg

img_9697.jpg

img_9750.jpg

img_9776.jpg

img_9807.jpg

img_9902.jpg

Good shooting.

... although 3 looks like something taken from the space shuttle.

NB: I'd probably have pulled a sicky... then if the weather was poo you wouldnt have lost the day. As it was it looked wonderful

Good shooting.

... although 3 looks like something taken from the space shuttle.

NB: I'd probably have pulled a sicky... then if the weather was poo you wouldnt have lost the day. As it was it looked wonderful

Number 3 is a bit abstract for me and not something I would normally do but I am trying new things as I am trying to trying to improve my composition and seeing via the books at the moment.

I had already had the previous week off with Flu so I thought it would be pushing it :LOL:

nice shots mate is that people walking up there in the 4th shot...:thinking:
well done anyway

nice shots mate is that people walking up there in the 4th shot...:thinking:
well done anyway

Yeah there were 2 people walking down and what influenced the shot as they showed scale.

def give scale i thought they were on the way up looking at there angle. 1 is my fav though..

Although these are really great takes Sie ... wouldn't catch me up there for all the snow in donia ... :eek:

'Fraid I can only live it vicariously through such super photos as yours ... :shrug:

Give me sunshine and warmth any day ... :D

:p

Although these are really great takes Sie ... wouldn't catch me up there for all the snow in donia ... :eek:

'Fraid I can only live it vicariously through such super photos as yours ... :shrug:

Give me sunshine and warmth any day ... :D

:p

Cheers :)

You don't know what your missing ;)

some good shots. I particularly liked the second one. The footprints lead the eye nicely up to the snow covered peak.

Great stuff

I framed copy of No 5 for me please! :)

if I was buying. :D

Oooh! Lovely. No scratch that - great! :clap:

You are getting your eye in better each time mate. Keep trying at those abstracts I think you will soon find some epic shots in that sort of stuff.

As soon as I catch up with work I am out there. My mad, Red-bull endurance, ski-touring, Munro-bashing, expedition planning friend called today to book a day out next week. Will work hard to make sure i can clear off for the day!

These are simply fab! I really like the first one - it has a kinda eerie feel to it with the swirling mist. It would work really well as a pano if you cropped to just below the bottom line of cloud - and make the shot look alot tidier too ;)

I framed copy of No 5 for me please! :)

if I was buying. :D

Wow! a compliment indeed and from the god of birding as well :)

Oooh! Lovely. No scratch that - great! :clap:

You are getting your eye in better each time mate. Keep trying at those abstracts I think you will soon find some epic shots in that sort of stuff.

As soon as I catch up with work I am out there. My mad, Red-bull endurance, ski-touring, Munro-bashing, expedition planning friend called today to book a day out next week. Will work hard to make sure i can clear off for the day!

Thanks mate :)

Get up there mate...I look forward to those seeing those glorious snow capped scotland mountain peaks shots.

These are simply fab! I really like the first one - it has a kinda eerie feel to it with the swirling mist. It would work really well as a pano if you cropped to just below the bottom line of cloud - and make the shot look alot tidier too ;)

It goes to show that not all landscape shots are best with wide angle as is with popular belief. Infact 4 of the 6 shots are with my telephoto lens.

A very nice series of pictures of a what seemed to be a superb day out.

The light and colour of the 1st one are stunning.;)

Thanks Dimitri :)

Nice to see you here. I have always admired your work on POTN.

wow. number 1 for me, but the others are fantastic as well. :clap:

Good call for booking the day off - certainly beats the "snow" in Southampton (by snow I mean people talking about rather than it actually falling). There's a wonderful captured light throughout especially illustrated by the golden tones in the last shot posted. The fourth and fifth shots show the grand scale of things - on second glance i could see the hikers/climbers. If I had to choose a fave, it'll be the first just-post-dawn shot for the simplicity. Great work.

Isn't the world a beautiful place. Makes me feel very humble. Not many mountains here in Norfolk!

Thanks everyone again :)

Nice shots. Is it really snowy up there?

In Snowdonia over 2000ft it is :).....I was up to my knees in some parts

Hmmm 2000ft. I'm not that tall :D However I have been meaning to get the train up for about 20 years now. I'll really have to given how lovely your shots make it look.

Back