Yashica Mat LM test roll back from the lab

Name
Tilly
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says I got the scans back today from the first roll of film that I've put through my new/old camera. I have to admit I'm surprised they came out as well as they did when the camera only cost me £39. The light meter on it is a bit temperamental and sometimes needs a tap to get it working but it seems to give accurate readings. The shots haven't had much done to them except cropping, auto contrast and auto white balance on the editing software I use which is Photo Pos Pro 3
The film used was Ilford HP5+ 400 and was processed at Ilford's Harman Labs
4293003 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
4293004 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

I'm impressed with the lack of grain on these Craig, so I wonder what developer Ilford uses as standard. I can even see that scary head with the dark glasses on your satellite dish ........ :eek:

I have to agree with you Peter I thought there would have been more grain on the images. I took a shot of my Canon AE-1 Program inside the house and it had more grain but the rest of the shot that were taken outside in fairly good light didn't have much grain at all. I've got a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 400 on order so it'll be interesting to compare images produced by each film. I've got a roll of Ilford HP5+ in my Canon AE-1 Program so it'll be good to compare the images from both camera's when I've finished the roll and had it processed

When I've use HP5 in medium format it hasn't shown much grain at all. The larger negative really does make a difference.

I'd not considered that the format would effect the grain thanks for pointing that out Matthew

Back