Yay - the fledglings are out (Sparrows)

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not done much in the way of garden photography of late but I've been keeping an eye out for the fledglings as they make for interesting shots.

Still waiting on the various tits and finches but the Spuggies are out.

Quick look back at last year and it was almost to the day.

400mm - f6.3 - ISO 800 - 1/500

Last edited:
Lots of youngsters around now but haven't see any Sparrow young yet :)

I'm the opposite Gramps - just the Sparrows so far

My nest boxes are all active but looking back on previous year's exif for earliest pics

Great Tits - 25 May
Starlings - 23 May
Blue Tits - 15 June
Coal Tits - 31 May
Siskins - 2 June
Woodpeckers - 4 June

Hopefully some action over the next few weeks then.

Off work for a while now so hopefully I'll be about for the various new arrivals.

First few tits today.

Camera charged and looking forward to a mojo revival.

In the garden. Seen our first Sparrow fledglings on the 7th May and Blue Tits 28th April. One Sparrow I had to help get behind my workshop, as theres been a cat who I have seen take one, also we have a dog. Seen my first Nuthatch fledglings today and what seems like some Coal Tits, as they are so small it's hard to identify if definately fledglings, from a distance shot in the grass.

Been seeing a Great Spotted Woodpecker around the garden a couple of times over the last month or so, who has decided to feed from our feeders for the first time today. Today has been very active with the birds.

No great photo opportunities for me, but it's nice to have them recorded in my first year of bird photography.

Last edited:
Back