Yeh?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Ltt from a while back,as always C&C taken onboard.

025_451_zpspseiscfr.jpg

He/she certainly has the look of someone with attitude :)

Not a birder so crit is limited but I do like the background and the natural perch, and he certainly looks sharp enough to my eyes.

Last edited:
That's a cracker Rich.

Nice composition, I am not one for face on shots but this one works,it looks over sharpened to me and maybe too much contrast.

That's a very nice capture Rich, I know how small they are and how twitchy they are so getting that close with great detail gets a thumbs up from me :)

Cheers all,@mex you could be right re the sharpening.Not done anything of late as I have been tied up with other stuff,would like to think I have now got my head around the main adjustments with these NEF files,perhaps I need to completely change my approach to the sharpening compared to how I used to do it.

Is it a big crop?

Is it a big crop?

I got no idea mate :D,I just zoom in so the subject is the size I like and then crop.I don`t get too techy if I can help it ;)

You want an honest opinion or buttering up chief?

Looks like it will have to be choice #2 as my mate is banned :D
OK.

Firstly, it is a bird on a stick with nice smooth back ground. From a personal point of view, I hate it. It has no habitat, no interest and no emotion/soul/interest to me. Now that is not a negative towards the technique and skills involved in taking the shot, it is my opinion.

Saying that, and I know you have recently swapped bodies, lets be more constructive. I agree that it does follow the trend of being over sharp,too sharp in the detail, knowing your pp skills Rich, I suspect that is because you are not up to speed with the differences between Nikon and Canon RAW files yet and are still processing as you used too?

Compostion is ok`ish, you have the whole tail in frame yet it still looks a little tight. Parts of the bird have less light on them, but that is natural and is not a problem to me, at least you have not bitched yourself and done the dreadful selective lighting in PP. Ten out of ten for not doing so.

Colours have not been overdone and the bird has an inquisitive look to it that is quite appealing, all in all it is a decent technical shot of a delightful subject, I really like LTT`s, whilst I can accept the qualities in the shot and that we all like different things, it is a bird on a bloody stick......:D

Long post for me in here, but I know that you won`t dummy spit and will accept my opinions, even though you may not agree, something that is all to rare in here.

OK.

Firstly, it is a bird on a stick with nice smooth back ground. From a personal point of view, I hate it. It has no habitat, no interest and no emotion/soul/interest to me. Now that is not a negative towards the technique and skills involved in taking the shot, it is my opinion.

Saying that, and I know you have recently swapped bodies, lets be more constructive. I agree that it does follow the trend of being over sharp,too sharp in the detail, knowing your pp skills Rich, I suspect that is because you are not up to speed with the differences between Nikon and Canon RAW files yet and are still processing as you used too?

Compostion is ok`ish, you have the whole tail in frame yet it still looks a little tight. Parts of the bird have less light on them, but that is natural and is not a problem to me, at least you have not bitched yourself and done the dreadful selective lighting in PP. Ten out of ten for not doing so.

Colours have not been overdone and the bird has an inquisitive look to it that is quite appealing, all in all it is a decent technical shot of a delightful subject, I really like LTT`s, whilst I can accept the qualities in the shot and that we all like different things, it is a bird on a bloody stick......:D

Long post for me in here, but I know that you won`t dummy spit and will accept my opinions, even though you may not agree, something that is all to rare in here.

Some valid points Ade,and yeh with regards to a habitat shot I prefer them also.As mentioned I am aware of the over sharpening and I am working on that as and when I get five.What bright light was available was coming from high on the left,so obviously parts would not be showing too much detail.I know it`s personal prefernce but mine is,if parts of the subject are masked by shadows there is no point trying to bring them out too much in PP.You can certainly tell on an image between full sunlight and where it`s been overcooked.Cheers for your thoughts anyhow.

Some valid points Ade,and yeh with regards to a habitat shot I prefer them also.As mentioned I am aware of the over sharpening and I am working on that as and when I get five.What bright light was available was coming from high on the left,so obviously parts would not be showing too much detail.I know it`s personal prefernce but mine is,if parts of the subject are masked by shadows there is no point trying to bring them out too much in PP.You can certainly tell on an image between full sunlight and where it`s been overcooked.Cheers for your thoughts anyhow.
Nae probs squire.

Back