Yell.com website ads

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking of taking out a banner ad on there but I feel I need to get a few opinions before committing to a years contract.

I don't know if any of you ever use the Yell serach but at the very top of any listing page are a couple of banners, one larger one and two small. I'm looking at taking the larger one in the commercial photography catagory but I'd like to know if people even notice these at the top of their searches.

All opinions would be very welcome, ta. :D

I've noticed them but to be honest don't pay them much attention.

We recently got a firm to look at our whole sales and marketing strategy. The upshot was to direct money away from advertising and into PR type stuff. It seems to work better for us in a B to B type environment.

out of interest how much are they charging?

It's £1500 quid for the year, you get the space and a massive 13k to use in any way you want.

The banners will appear on every commercial photograpy search made nationwide, the total number of ads sharing that space is 10 although the next one in is number 3 and they are currently serving 19,000 listings a month. To compare, the cost of appearing in the listing on a national basis is £10,500 per year.

If you have £1500 to spare it's not going to hurt you but if you are at all unsure do some 'proper' research on it. Personally I never use Yell, I find it easier to pick up the yellow pages to find a service I want. A single colour 1/4 column in Yellow pages will cost you about £500, granted once it's in it's stuck the same for a year.

advertising is an expensive business, some sites charge £99 per month for a banner, whilst magazines can cost £500 nearly for a 1/3 of a page!

I've been asking as wide a cross section as I can but it looks like that's just confirming what I thought myself. No-one really sees the banners.

They are classification based so would only show on a search for commercial photographers but we all seem to have conditioned ourselves not to see banner ads at all.

I do advertise with Google and it's the sucsess there that has lead me to look at more web use. I also have ads in 4 YP directories but they have all been very disapointing.

Oh well, the search continues. :LOL:

Back