Yellow screen on eizo monitor

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got an eizo cg-319x monitor and an M1 chip mac mini.

Everything was fine, didn't use them for a few days, switched it on today and the screen is a really bright yellow.

I've not knowingly changed any settings and I'm not aware of the screen being moved or damaged.

The cable was tried with my old dell monitor and gave normal colours.

The monitor said self calibration had taken place, so I ran it again with no change.

Whist calibrating there was a white patch on the screen (part of the calibration process) so it can obviously display whites.

I'm totally confused, not my particular area of knowledge if I'm being honest

Any ideas out there?

Mike

Nice screen :) is the luminance warning on perhaps? otherwise something for Eizo technical support?

On this page
CG319X 4K HDR Monitor with IPS Panel - ColorEdge | EIZO

It says this on/about using with the M1 Mac
Important Notice: macOS models using the Apple M1 chip currently do not support ColorEdge software applications. Support is expected at a later date. Click for details.

Clicking through to the above and the link on that page....
Apple M1 Chip Equipped Mac Computer and Monitor Compatibility | EIZO (eizoglobal.com)

So to my uninformed eye, there is a lot about known issues with Mac & M1 and the associated Eizo software???

I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem :thinking:

On this page
CG319X 4K HDR Monitor with IPS Panel - ColorEdge | EIZO

It says this on/about using with the M1 Mac
Important Notice: macOS models using the Apple M1 chip currently do not support ColorEdge software applications. Support is expected at a later date. Click for details.

Clicking through to the above and the link on that page....
Apple M1 Chip Equipped Mac Computer and Monitor Compatibility | EIZO (eizoglobal.com)

So to my uninformed eye, there is a lot about known issues with Mac & M1 and the associated Eizo software???

I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem :thinking:

This may refer to the calibration software which has recently released an m1 version https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/products/software/search?k=colornavigator+7&x=0&y=0?

This may refer to the calibration software which has recently released an m1 version https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/products/software/search?k=colornavigator+7&x=0&y=0?
A good point as @pooley Mike talks of running self calibration.....though does such self calibration utilise the Color Navigator software???

thanks lads, I've had to get in touch with Eizo support, can't have my dream monitor looking like a banana for much longer!

I'll let you know what they come. up with

thanks for taking the time to try and help, much appreciated

Mike

thanks lads, I've had to get in touch with Eizo support, can't have my dream monitor looking like a banana for much longer!

I'll let you know what they come. up with

thanks for taking the time to try and help, much appreciated

Mike

I hope you can get a meaningful and 100% solution and look forward to your update and learning what the issue is and how Eizo have resolved it for you :)

I hope you can get a meaningful and 100% solution and look forward to your update and learning what the issue is and how Eizo have resolved it for you :)

Cheers BB - looks like its turned out to be something quite simple, albeit I'm stumped if I know how it got the way it did. I hadn't knowingly changed any settings.

I ended up having a play with all the input settings, that if I'm honest never knew existed. Somehow the input had gone into REC2020 mode (whatever that is) and when I scrolled down the list of options I went to 'CAL2' which I'm guessing is a calibration setting and the colours returned to normal.

For some reason I got a black screen when I tried Adobe RGB and sRGB, but for now I'm just grateful to have a working screen and not be staring at an illuminous banana!

thanks again

Mike

I hope you can get it sorted soon. REC2020 is for ultra high definition video work, it's one of the standard display modes. CAL2 is one of the calibrated display modes. Did you try a reset? I've a much older Eizo and it has color reset on the main color menu.

I hope you can get it sorted soon. REC2020 is for ultra high definition video work, it's one of the standard display modes. CAL2 is one of the calibrated display modes. Did you try a reset? I've a much older Eizo and it has color reset on the main color menu.
I did thanks Tim, just using it in the CAL2 mode and it seems fine.

God knows how it got switched to the other mode but cheers for the info, never shoot video

Mike

I must also state that Eizos service was excellent, they responded timely and the 'agent' or whatever I should call him had clearly read the questions and given a tailored response rather than just being someone sat sat a keyboard with a checklist to go through

Mike

There does appear to be some 'waking from sleep' and other monitor connection issues with M1 Mac Minis, I occasionally get them with my old 30" Cinema Display. Solution so far is the good old fashioned unplug it and plug it back in approach. It's a bit annoying but I suppose you get that with brand new technology sometimes.

There does appear to be some 'waking from sleep' and other monitor connection issues with M1 Mac Minis, I occasionally get them with my old 30" Cinema Display. Solution so far is the good old fashioned unplug it and plug it back in approach. It's a bit annoying but I suppose you get that with brand new technology sometimes.

Yep, I've found there can be a significant delay in waking the computer up. Mildly annoying for me as I'm never up against the clock, but I can imagine if it was in a press / sport scenario it could cause real issues

Mike

Back