Wild Yip, A Red Again.

You have the most stunning location for your wildlife shots, very jealous. Again a cracking image, great composition

Thank you. We are spoiled here, and not just for wildlife but landscapes too.

It's a simple staging you use every time, background out of focus, great foreground for the subject - it just works so well.

It's a simple staging you use every time, background out of focus, great foreground for the subject - it just works so well.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I'm working on them jumping, I did get a few but not sharp enough, next time. ;)

"Cracking" shot Sir, nothing more I can say.(y)

George.

wow great stuff buddy getting ever more jealous well I am of anyone with reds frankly:D Dale you have got to work on those leaping images buddy.Mate as much as I'd adore just seeing one native red,and taking piccs would be a dream come true,a squirrel in fight is special mate,go for it buddy all the luckI'd so like that head on ,but with something wild that's going to be a task

ha my enthusiasm is going to get folks cold this weekend. but with snow too:runaway:
I'll see my self out mate
keep them coming a joy to see bro !! nice work !!

stu

wow great stuff buddy getting ever more jealous well I am of anyone with reds frankly:D Dale you have got to work on those leaping images buddy.Mate as much as I'd adore just seeing one native red,and taking piccs would be a dream come true,a squirrel in fight is special mate,go for it buddy all the luckI'd so like that head on ,but with something wild that's going to be a task

ha my enthusiasm is going to get folks cold this weekend. but with snow too:runaway:
I'll see my self out mate
keep them coming a joy to see bro !! nice work !!

stu

Hey Stu, cheers matey.

I will be working on the jumpers, noted from last time is that I could probably zoom in a bit more. I think I was at about 280mm for this one but had 400 available. I did this to give more chance of capturing the squirrel in frame but there was no need, as relatively speaking, the airbourne part is quite slow, it's not over in a flash so to speak and the MKiv more than keeps up with it. So, rather than crop next time, I'm going to zoom in on an area and watch the squirrel begin to jump, then fire off some shots, and cross my fingers. :LOL:

Head on is coming, but I want to nail the sideyways ones first. Circumstances sometimes prevent me getting out there but it's coming. ;)

Mate could you pop up a stick in the estimated flight path do you have the prefocus button on your lens ,like they do o nthe superteles?? frame prefocus on stick remove stick ,sit back and try to press shutter at right time?? prefocus buttong to rreturn focus to that spot?? I think peering through the view finder will be too slow ha ha yeah it is proper spray and prey stuff:banana: it's what I sort of attempted with the goldies Dale.but it's so worth the effort images i'd love to try for buddy

,all the luck with it mate def zoom in :) One of those full frame mid air will be glorious:cool:

Mate could you pop up a stick in the estimated flight path do you have the prefocus button on your lens ,like they do o nthe superteles?? frame prefocus on stick remove stick ,sit back and try to press shutter at right time?? prefocus buttong to rreturn focus to that spot?? I think peering through the view finder will be too slow ha ha yeah it is proper spray and prey stuff:banana: it's what I sort of attempted with the goldies Dale.but it's so worth the effort images i'd love to try for buddy

,all the luck with it mate def zoom in :) One of those full frame mid air will be glorious:cool:

Nope, not tried pre focusing that way Stu. For this, I pre focused on the 'landing pad'. I tweaked it manually then whilst zoomed in 10x with liveview and left it on manual focus, effectively locking focus manually, as long as I didn't touch anything. I had been watching the squirrel jump a few times previously. I didn't watch through the viewfinder for it jumping for the shot, I watched with the naked eye, then when it launched, held the shutter button down. I'm working on my method, getting out there to do it isn't easy at times for various reasons but I will, soon. (y)

Thanks for the well wishes, appreciated.:)

Oh, such a good shot.

Back