Ynys y Clochydd

Morning John,

I quite like the position of the clouds, the colour and the silhouetted background but unfortunately for me, the blob of rock in the foreground spoils the image. Is there another point that you could compose from where the rock isn't in the frame?

James

Thanks James; fascinating - because I like both centring/symmetry and black, the blob of rock against the reflected sunlight is what attracted me to this. It's good to be reminded that others see things very differently!
PS - is your profile picture above Llyn y Fan Fach?

The sky, clouds and background are quite appealing and make a nice shot by themselves. I’m only viewing on iPad but the rock in the foreground would benefit from more detail imho. As it is, it looks a bit out of place and odd or overly dark.

Last edited:
Thanks James; fascinating - because I like both centring/symmetry and black, the blob of rock against the reflected sunlight is what attracted me to this. It's good to be reminded that others see things very differently!
PS - is your profile picture above Llyn y Fan Fach?

Evening John,
Yep, certainly is. I need to get back into walking again, I've not been out in months!

James

Back