York River Ouse

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
This is probably my first real go at some night photography!
Feedback would be very much appreciated!

6532626857_10bf14ac08_b.jpg

The only criticism I can make it that the street lights look a little over exposed but the rest of the shot is spot on, nice colour and well composed

Its a nice shot, I wonder if cropping it to remove the triangular pirce of wall on the bottom left hand side would help. The reddish glow from the lights on right is a good look.

Best wishes, Mark

The only criticism I can make it that the street lights look a little over exposed but the rest of the shot is spot on, nice colour and well composed

Yip - I go along with that. May be able to adjust the street lights in processing.
Fine vibrant pic, nevertheless.(y)

If that shot is straight out of the camera Craig I'd say you have a good eye for composition ....the colour works great for me.

Steve

Hi guys!

Thank you very much for all the feedback!

This shot wass taken a little bit further up river from The Kings Arms. It was taken on a balcony next to The City Screen and Vodka Revs ( Where the Red Lights are). I think i will head down that part of the river though and get a few shots of the older pubs! :)

York is beautiful at night Kev! All the historic buildings are well lit, such as the minster and the city walls!

And i have to confess I did a little bit of post editing. I put the exposure of the image up a little to show the tonal range in the sky and bring out the stars, which could be why the street lights are looking abit over exposed!

Thanks again! and Merry Christmas to you all!

Craig

Back