North England Yorkshire Dales?

Name
Roxanne
Edit My Images
No
I’m visiting the Yorkshire Dales area near the end of August, travelling up from Essex. I would love to hear any personal recommendations for must-see locations. I’m interested in all sorts of photography so excited to hear where you love to photograph the most

For limestone pavements and gnarly old trees head to Twistleton Scar or Southerscales. Then you've got Ribblehead viaduct not too far away too.

For limestone pavements and gnarly old trees head to Twistleton Scar or Southerscales. Then you've got Ribblehead viaduct not too far away too.

Oh my goodness that’s so beautiful. I noticed there’s a waterfall trail too near Ingleton. Thank you so much

Skipton>Bolton Abbey ( The Strid-Barden Bridge)>Burnsall>Kettlewell>Aysgarth ( Falls)>Settle ( Ribblehead)>Malham Cove(Limestone Pavement Goredale Scar>Grassington.
Get an OS map there are lots of little minor roads)
Its not called Gods own Country for nothing

Skipton>Bolton Abbey ( The Strid-Barden Bridge)>Burnsall>Kettlewell>Aysgarth ( Falls)>Settle ( Ribblehead)>Malham Cove(Limestone Pavement Goredale Scar>Grassington.
Get an OS map there are lots of little minor roads)
Its not called Gods own Country for nothing

Fab thank you. We had actually started to plan our route and many of these places were on it! I’m so excited to go, even more so now!

Have a look through some of the vlogs by James Burns, he's a regular visitor to the area.

Enjoy! and despite living here I am not a Yorkshireman ( I'm an "oftcumman") I am allowed to ask questions about Yorkshire cricket but as I have only been here for 40 odd years I am not allowed to express an opinion.
BTW if you get the chance have afternoon tea in Bettys Tea rooms -Ilkley and Harrogate.

Enjoy! and despite living here I am not a Yorkshireman ( I'm an "oftcumman") I am allowed to ask questions about Yorkshire cricket but as I have only been here for 40 odd years I am not allowed to express an opinion.
BTW if you get the chance have afternoon tea in Bettys Tea rooms -Ilkley and Harrogate.

Don’t worry I won’t ask about cricket... as for afternoon tea however you will be happy to know that was one of the first stops planned! :coffee:

Have a look through some of the vlogs by James Burns, he's a regular visitor to the area.

Much appreciated thank you :giggle: Can’t wait to have a look

You don’t mention where your staying or for how long? It may help people to give more precise suggestions.
The Dales are all beautiful with plenty of photography opportunities.
Just be aware that the roads are narrow even those designated as “A” roads so allow plenty of time for the journeys between which ever places you decide to visit.

Here’s a couple of links that may be of use for planning your trip to the Dales.
The following link is to a resource that you may find useful, BTW I’m not suggesting that you’re lazy

Have a look at this photographers gallery for inspiration.

Last edited:
Visit Dent village. And Settle is a good market town (market on Tuesdays). Settle Victoria Hall - the world's oldest music hall in continuous use. Talbot Arms in Settle for a good meal and great beer. (that's my local!)

Visit Dent village. And Settle is a good market town (market on Tuesdays). Settle Victoria Hall - the world's oldest music hall in continuous use. Talbot Arms in Settle for a good meal and great beer. (that's my local!)

I'm also up that way in August, booked a cottage near a place called Tosside.
Possibly just over the border in Lancs, just fancied getting away from it all where we haven't been before

I'm also up that way in August, booked a cottage near a place called Tosside.
Possibly just over the border in Lancs, just fancied getting away from it all where we haven't been before
About 3 miles away. Handy for the Forest of Bowland as well as the Dales.

Back