Young & in love

Name
michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the pleasure in meeting this young couple today

The first 4 shots I've used an Atom 360 bare bulb at full power, the last shot is in my small garage studio I've used 2 lencartca smart flashes mk2,
1 as a main light modified with a pro fold octabox and the 2nd was a fill light modified with a shoot thru umbrella, also I've used a yn568 flash with a grid as my hair light.

All comments are welcome

Thanks Mickey

1/

IMG_3385 by mickey, on Flickr

2/

IMG_3406 by mickey, on Flickr

3/

IMG_3402 by mickey, on Flickr

4/

IMG_3408 by mickey, on Flickr

5/

IMG_3364 by mickey, on Flickr

I quite like these, sky was very interesting that day adds to some nice visuals.
Yeah your right about the sky a few hours later and the sky was grey and dull.
I've converted one to B&W I'll post it up later

Thanks for commenting

Last edited:
Technically nice shots, but I can't help thinking you've failed to engage with him and the lighting isn't enough to make up for this. She seems quite confident, but you've caught him all "shy puppy" and not wanting to be doing this - particularly the second and the last one which just fail emotionally for me. Portraits are about the people, and I don't think these have it.

Technically nice shots, but I can't help thinking you've failed to engage with him and the lighting isn't enough to make up for this. She seems quite confident, but you've caught him all "shy puppy" and not wanting to be doing this - particularly the second and the last one which just fail emotionally for me. Portraits are about the people, and I don't think these have it.[/
it's funny because she was really nervous and shy and he was much more confident.

Something for me to be more aware next time.
Thank you for commenting

And me, I would remove it but I'm awful at that kinda stuff lol

Thanks commenting

Lovely set and editing is not too hard, I would be willing to edit the full size image should you think it really needs it

Les ;)

Lovely set and editing is not too hard, I would be willing to edit the full size image should you think it really needs it

Les ;)
Thanks les I really appreciate that, I can live with #4, it's the first image that's really annoying (blade of grass cuts straight thru her leg and then into the sky)
What's your thoughts do you think it's a distraction?

Thanks Mickey

Yes it is a bit- an easy enough fix though

would need a full sized image to be able to do it any justice

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Back