Critique Young love

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A quick shot of my daughter with her boyfriend taken last weekend. Shot against a white wall, Canon 70D and 430Exii bounced off white ceiling.

• ƒ/4.0
  • 50.0 mm
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

A little dodging needed on the background to tidy it up, some skin blemishes removed.

IMG_7407 ce by Ian J Bradshaw, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and C&C welcomed.

Thanks for the comments Michael. The fun expression was because I'd just shown them a shot which was similar to this, which they were trying to recreate in this shot. Ellie had a funny expression in the previous shot but the pose looked natural. The white is just a bit if background. Perhaps I need to crop in a little if this is distracting?

I share your OCD to some extent and did spot it when cropping this, but making his back completely straight looked a bit odd too. Might have another look tomorrow and see if I can improve the crop.

Like this photo very much and like it even more as you told us how it was lite :) Love the colours and natural skin tones too.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, I seem to manage ok with one speedlite in ETTL mode. Thanks for the comment about the skin tones too. Used frequency separation for the first time on this image on Ellie, to clear up her teenage skin. I changed the transparency on the layers so that it didn't (hopefully) look plastic.

No problem looks nice n clean very studio looking to my eyes :)

Gza

Back