your advice on what to buy please

Edit My Images
No
hi everyone,newbie here, Im hoping that you guys can enlighten me as to what digital camera to buy.....Ive got a small budget of around £150 and although im a total novice i want to buy something better than i need at the moment so i can "grow" up with it if you get my drift ? so im after the most i can get for my little sum :) (serious features,hi mp,etc) many thanks for you help

Doixee.

Can't wait to see what people come up with for this!! :D

Your budget will be too low for a Dslr but you should be able to get a good compact for that money.

Not sure about the "growing up with" bit though.

:canon:

No contest there. Grab a Fuji F20 / F21 if you still can. Don't be tempted by the F31fd as there's less manual control there.

Digital Depot had some earlier this week I think. www.digitaldepot.co.uk

* Apologies if that sort of thing isn't allowed on the forum!

Cheers,
James

There's a lot of digital "bridge" cameras for around that price. More than a point&shoot but not quite a DSLR.

Try searching google for Fuji s5600 and Fuji s9600.

Hope this helps,

Ewan

Yes, very good camera for the money, and the best way to learn about how an SLR works without actually having one. Spend 6 months with one of these and you'll learn a lot - I've seen people get amazing results with them. Also the newer S6500 is pretty good too, but a bit more expensive.

Here are a couple of examples in case you're interested. Taken with the Fuji S5600:

bluetit2.jpg

swanhead.jpg

Hi there Doixee , i've a compact Fuji s9600 4 months old ,it can be as simple as you want(ie..point and shoot style), and as complicated as you want .. an impressive bit of kit...

mxfun - when your post count exceeds 50 you can use the classifieds forum for selling unwanted gear. Sale offers in other threads are not permitted. Thanks.

Back