Your Best Crash Shots...Let's See 'em.

It depends what level of competition they are competing at - national level and above they won't be interested.... below that maybe as they don't get the media attention.

Some shunts from BTCC this year.. linked from FB hence the quality!

1146502_10151809992287682_377791336_n.jpg

Why is there a guy hanging from a gallows in the background?? :eek:

Usually they like to see them and of course post them to their facebook pages, but if Nick means "part with cash" for them then... no usually!

The one I posted above, the bike upside down, was part of a sequence that the rider contacted me for.

One of mine from Brands BSB

BSB_Brands_Oct_2012_pic_15.jpg

Time to let go I think:wacky:
What a cracking shot! Brilliantly caught.
Here's mine. Not exactly a crash as such, but best save I've caught. Michael Pearson at the Southern 100 getting up close & personal with the wall at Church Bends. He did stay upright too :)
9280401941_108b2c4402_b.jpg

Austrian driver Niki Glisic got his approach all wrong at the infamous Piandavello jump on this year's Rallylegend, San Marino. The resulting accident left hif with a fractured bone to his spine! Video footage here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oynwg2TB8G0

10518984004_8bf6796eb5_b.jpg

10518949215_a3e2f1eabf_b.jpg

10519162593_8711866255_b.jpg

10518947515_ca387ff355_b.jpg

10518977634_55a081b045_b.jpg

10519156953_882dc5b699_b.jpg

Only ones i can find,East Fortune.

Not sure that injury deserves an exclamation mark...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

I think we should all just sit back and let SnappyJon fill this thread up :D

If you ever meet him, look carefully and you will see he has a pocket full of ball bearings and little pipe that comes out the bottom of his trouser leg that drips diesel.... he will be seen crossing the track after a session but we know he's actually just greasing up the corner (y)

Years of experience show that this is the only way he can ever be around so many crashes.... either that or they are just trying to mount the tyre wall to kill him.

Not quite as interesting as some of them but crashing in a straight line is quite an achievement!

12276583263_420f3069a6_z.jpg

The result of landing a wheelie with the front brake on...

I know it's not motorsport but we went on a hot air balloon ride once...
NEVER AGAIN!!

Photos210140ed_zpsf6a271d8.jpg

Taken in 2006 on a Kodak Z740 bridge camera.

Last edited:
not been rude, but do photographers go to racing events to get some great angle shots or the crashes,
having been involved in motor cycle racing for more years then I can remember, once as a spectator, when a good crash
was memorable, providing the rider came away un hurt, but as when I ran a race team, I never wanted any rider to crash,
1 I never wanted the rider to get hurt.
2 the crash damage bill was sometime astronomical.
so when you take a crash photo. think of the rider first, and if you have taken a good crash shot,
give him some money, because his damage bill, will be hurting him.
thanks guys sam.
ps, these guys spend a fortune to go racing, with no reward.
just to entertain the public.

ps, these guys spend a fortune to go racing, with no reward.
just to entertain the public.

I'm sure if I was lucky enough to be fit enough and be able to afford to go racing then I wouldn't care if I was being watched or not. The reward is to race bikes, fast, on tracks that us road bikers can only dream of. The ones that are doing it to entertain the public are being paid anyway. However, you do have a point about the cost to the team and injury to the rider. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure if I was lucky enough to be fit enough and be able to afford to go racing then I wouldn't care if I was being watched or not. The reward is to race bikes, fast, on tracks that us road bikers can only dream of. The ones that are doing it to entertain the public are being paid anyway. However, you do have a point about the cost to the team and injury to the rider. ;)

don't you believe it mate, only the top boys earn anything,
we raced at bsb, up to 30000 spectators, paying at entrance fee of £25 plus,
we never got a penny, cost me from £750 t0 1k a meeting,
at that level the riders should be paid,
we were the traveling circus,

You don't race to get rich and most photographers hanging round the paddock realise this quite quickly. Doesn't seem to stop the grid filling up though does it...

Firstly I am on my tablet but 3 looks a bit soft to me. Otherwise well captured. Looks like great fun to watch, providing no one gets hurt off course. Good stuff and welcome to the forum.

Oner more thing, I bet the guy in car SB1 absolutely messed himself lol

Last edited:
Thanks mike! :D Its not just you,it is a bit soft:( having to photograph through dust has its consequences!
Its such a good sport to watch, its good fun even at the worst of times!

If you want to see the on-board footage from his car its here:) makes for an exciting viewing! ;

Back