Your best Macro photo of 2010

Some beautiful shots in this thread.

Whilst I wait for Father Christmas to deliver a macro lens (wifey :wave:) this is my fave from this year.

Spent a lot of the summer chasing dragons and butterflies. Here's my current favorite dragonfly shot from the year.

20100814_MG_5146.jpg

Excellent shots in this thread, great to look through.

This thread has really got me back into thinking about my macro gear that has been gathering a little bit of dust, thank you for all the wonderful inspiration :clap:

good lawd... how do you take these shots... can someone point me in the general direction of a thread(s) about macro takes... pls pls <gets down on bended knee... pls pls>

these shots are incredible (if you could lose the 8 legged ones :puke: >

DSC02552.JPG

Last edited:
Some great shots here folks!!!

My favourite shot is this one.

It was one of those fluke shots, I was setting up to take the crab spider sitting in ambush on a flower, when as I pressed the shutter a bumblebee landed on the flower and the spider made a lunge for it. The bumble got away.

Crab Spider ambushing Bumblebee by jomike, on Flickr

Just WOW! As already stated! I recognise a lot of these from when they were originally posted, but just so many stunning images! Fantastic stuff.

Well my best macro would have to be one of my droplet shots... if I have to choose just one... erm... I guess it would be this one:

Ten Ten Ten! by AshMashMash, on Flickr

I worked hard in 2010 on these from random splashy things to what I like to think are quite "art-ful" works. This one I like a lot: a very hard to get form (by hand), with 3 different colours in it (the colours are there in the straight-out picture... red, yellow, blue...).:)

Absolutely amazing I love it

Outstanding images - I really should get back into actually getting some photos rather than just looking at others.

Also I'm liking the stuff done with the MP-E 65, still my 100mm should be more than up to the job (even if I aren't ;))

Taken in the Forest of Dean with my Nikon 300mm f4 and D90, from about ten feet away and large crop

Wow - some amazing pictures here - great inspiration :)

Not sure if this qualifies but this is the first time I have tried oil on water and also the first time that I have tried macro so here go's

8873 BLUE &amp; GREEN OIL #1 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

All the pic's prior to this are great, not to sure about the quality of mine.

Matt
MWHCVT

oooooooooh, love this thread so much

these close up/macro's are great - can't wait to get a new lens to play with :)

Not sure if this qualifies but this is the first time I have tried oil on water and also the first time that I have tried macro so here go's

8873 BLUE &amp; GREEN OIL #1 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

All the pic's prior to this are great, not to sure about the quality of mine.

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt, how did you do that... what kinda oil... loving those colours!

oooooooooh, love this thread so much

these close up/macro's are great - can't wait to get a new lens to play with :)

Matt, how did you do that... what kinda oil... loving those colours!

That would be Extra Virgin Olive Oil :naughty: and some food colouring, I think this one was the blue and green but may have been blue and yellow I am not completely sure. I have just started a thread with this and some others in

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=283551

Thanks for the comment

Matt
MWHCVT

I think this one is my best because it's a shot most people wouldn't take. It took quite a few attempts before I managed to get a decent shot of a horse fly having me for lunch.

Dinnertime by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

That is some crazy dedication to the art, I would have killed this monster, but that is because every time I get bit by them my arm swells to twice its normal size, gets so hot you could fry an egg on it and all the hair within 4-5 inches from the bite zone falls out!

:wacky::nuts::shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Just came across this thread whilst browsing, I'm off to Jessops tomorrow for a Macro Lens, it looks really good fun, especially the water droplets.

This one is amazing, you could probably sell this for a handsome figure (y)
Just WOW! As already stated! I recognise a lot of these from when they were originally posted, but just so many stunning images! Fantastic stuff.

Well my best macro would have to be one of my droplet shots... if I have to choose just one... erm... I guess it would be this one:

Ten Ten Ten! by AshMashMash, on Flickr

I worked hard in 2010 on these from random splashy things to what I like to think are quite "art-ful" works. This one I like a lot: a very hard to get form (by hand), with 3 different colours in it (the colours are there in the straight-out picture... red, yellow, blue...).:)

5096935015_4d80f8b160_z.jpg

My first ever competition win :).
That photo was actually shown on the One show :nuts:

Last edited:
Back