YouTube Bird Photographers

Edit My Images
Yes
Given yesterday's wash out weather. I had a bit of a trawl through YouTube and came across Simon Wantling and Nigel Morley.

May be of interest

Edit My Images
No
Given yesterday's wash out weather. I had a bit of a trawl through YouTube and came across Simon Wantling and Nigel Morley.

May be of interest
Crumbs, thanks for the heads up that looking at these guys video's are NSFW, I am not going to check out such "bird photographers"........... ;)

OP
OP
T
Edit My Images
Yes
Crumbs, thanks for the heads up that looking at these guys video's are NSFW, I am not going to check out such "bird photographers"........... ;)
That's the second time Tapatalk has defaulted to NSFW without me knowing

Thanks for highlighting

Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
You’re bad, I’ve just spent half a day watching these guys when I should be doing more important stuff. ;):LOL:

OP
OP
T
Edit My Images
Yes
You’re bad, I’ve just spent half a day watching these guys when I should be doing more important stuff. ;)
I know they're quietly addictive It's probably because you feel you are out there with them. No product placement, just the feeling they want to share their wildlife photography encounters with a wider audience

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
People I particularly like watching on YouTube in addition to some of those already quoted are Espen Helland (a Norwegian based in Scotland), Geoff Cooper (an Englishman based in Scotland), Steve Mattheis (based in the Grand Tetons USA) and Mark Smith (based in Florida).

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
That’s brings back great memories. I have stayed with Bence in his house and been in all those hides. He has much much better hides though and it’s a must to visit if you like bird photograph.The Lada car is impressive and goes anywhere, it was air bound one time I was in it with all 4 wheels off the ground.

Last edited:
Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
The Invisible Wildlife Photographer short film (50 minutes) is well worth a watch
View: https://youtu.be/x0VtDFJ08Oc
It must feel like a dream come true to live somewhere like this.
I'm in awe of Bence Matte he is still really young.............
It's the way he makes the most of what he has around him ,sure nice spot lots of species.......... but the way he tackles making a bird image is a thing of wonder to me. I know nothing of him bar the web wow he's just an astounding talent.

Guy's im not terribly learned. is there anyone quite like Bence making bird images,ie that level of field craft ingenuity photographic expertise, while still basically a young 'un .

Thanks for the video Darren, fab watch I have always wanted to know just a bit more about this guy,a tad inspiring to say the least!!

stu

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Stuart,

he has another house a few miles from the one in the video. You walk down a path cut into 10ft high reeds for about 50 yards then his house is there. Open the door you have his sitting room with a bedroom to the right, he has a pc and a projector, tables and chairs, sofas etcjust like any normal home then—- on the left is a bed, the bed is on a hinge and you lift it up to reveal a trap door. Lift the trap door and walk down the stairs, there is a long carpeted walkway( underground) with electric lighting, at the end of this it opens up to a hide which is on the waters edge. The seats are in a central line, you press a button and an electric blind lifts up to reveal you exactly at water level with your camera on the provided ball heads. When the sun is in your eyes then just lower the blind, spin your chair and press the button on the opposite side to lift that blind.. that hide is carpeted, has WiFi,heating, aircon etc etc. It’s the best hide I have ever been in.

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Mark, I don't doubt a word of it!! you have been privaliged to see all this Mark,for me, as someone that has never traveled has no experience of a paid for hide or many hides at all,built by others if I'm honest,Bence is just out there. It's the level he has taken every thing too Mark and I mean everything. I can't get the same perception as you mate I know that but Bence is still jaw dropping for me. He is just so inspiring,cheers for the add on mate appreciated:)!!