Yumie Hanis

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Had another shot at studio photography yesterday using 2 x B1 heads.........
1/. Nikon D8003 55mm Zeiss Otus f1.4
View attachment 33720
I prefer outdoor shooting so taking the kit out on location on Tuesday with an Iranian model

Whites of the eyes are way overdone.

I'd rather focus on the positives here. A beautiful shot of a stunning model. Good show.

Chuck

I'd rather focus on the positives here. A beautiful shot of a stunning model. Good show.

Chuck

That doesn't help anyone improve though. There's nothing really that wrong with it, but it can be improved.

I can see what appears to be a wrinkled black cloth backdrop, and it looks a little messy, and what makes it worse, is the JPEG compression has also made it look blocky,,, so it's quite unpleasant. How are you JPEGing these? Moving your model away from the backdrop is essential if you don't want a black backdrop to show... of flag off lights better.

It's hard to tell at this size, but it may not be sharp.. but that could be how you've resized the image for screen. However.. using a manual focus lens on a digital SLR is a pain in the ass unlike the ground glass screens of manual focus SLRs. You using live view to focus?

The hair light it too bright IMO, and seems a little out of place against the relativey flat lighting for your main light. A hair light on both sides, and the main light dropped a stop would have had more drama I think.

Last edited:
That doesn't help anyone improve though. There's nothing really that wrong with it, but it can be improved.

I can see what appears to be a wrinkled black cloth backdrop, and it looks a little messy, and what makes it worse, is the JPEG compression has also made it look blocky,,, so it's quite unpleasant. How are you JPEGing these? Moving your model away from the backdrop is essential if you don't want a black backdrop to show... of flag off lights better.

It's hard to tell at this size, but it may not be sharp.. but that could be how you've resized the image for screen. However.. using a manual focus lens on a digital SLR is a pain in the ass unlike the ground glass screens of manual focus SLRs. You using live view to focus?

The hair light it too bright IMO, and seems a little out of place against the relativey flat lighting for your main light. A hair light on both sides, and the main light dropped a stop would have had more drama I think.
David
I was using Save for web at low jpg setting....I have now changed that to High

@ndwgolf

That will help a great deal. I'd just size and save manually actually. If you have CC... resize manually using Image/Image size, and then select Bicubic Sharper (Reduction).. then just save as JPEG quality 12. At these resolutions, just max out JPEG quality.. the file will still be small. If they're too big to attach using the forum gubbins... just host them elsewhere.

PP doesn't suit the subject for me.

Her eyes look odd from over whitening and her skin is magazine smooth. That's great for beauty but I would have thought you might want to pull it back a bit for this kind of edgy shot.

Look forward to your Iranian shots... :)

Back