Zara

I like the rendition of this story less picture…
not engaging me in any way! :(

My sincere apologies

… no need for that… not every shot is touching everyone!
Some will very possibly be touched by it… it's just me! :cool:

… no need for that… not every shot is touching everyone!
Some will very possibly be touched by it… it's just me! :cool:

My reply was not meant to be derogatory, I was honestly sorry you failed to like, thank you for commenting ;)

I like it. It's the Zara bag and the lottery ticket(?) providing the contrast. For me it says "There but for the grace of God..." There's a few feet separating them, but culturally a lot more. But it's still only a few feet...

Bah - I'm terrible at explaining myself sometimes. Should just hit the like button and be done. Not today though :)

It's the Zara bag and the lottery ticket(?) providing the contrast.

You may well be onto something, Ian!

Maybe you can read something that escapes me?
What is Zara… and the link with the lottery ticket(?) ?

You may well be onto something, Ian!

Maybe you can read something that escapes me?

Can't see from my phone if the child is holding a lottery ticket too @Kodiak Qc but Zara is a high end UK department store so I think the image depicts the two different walks of life these two people are living

Like Ian said - Zara is an expensive shop and the lottery ticket (that's what I imagine it is whether that's the case or not) says that the youngster is from an affluent background which is in contrast to the guy selling the Big Issue (which is a magazine sold by the homeless). The fact the image was titled "Zara" and introduced with the phrase "Big Issue not selling" suggests our photographer knew that - which means (s)he was telling a story that I "got". This is the kind of street photography that has meaning for me. Too many photos of people on phones around today.

iand.1178 harlequin565.11797

This proves without any doubt that photography is a
communication medium. Its purpose and value are all
dependant on the photographer's story telling and on
the viewer's connection with the culture the photo-
graph wants to convey.

Sorry pukkagen.85910 for my ignorance. :(:crying::banghead:

That is a very meaningful image

This is a great example of street photography for me. And it's a simple story of the "haves vs the have nots".

Nice work OP.

Oh how I wish I had seen an image like this.
It would be a dream to show and discuss at a Club.
Nonetheless, every comment to date provides an insight.
For me, the faceless subject compared to the averted gaze, the distance and separation of culture, and the physical value difference.
So much, so divided, yet so subtle.
Excellent.

NOW, these two reach me… and no need for translation!
Very cool renditions too!

One can touch the dramatic in both… Bravo! (y)(y)(y)

These are amazing. I love street photography and these are perfect examples of a story in one photograph. One can read so many different versions of the story depending on how you see it.

Great pics and I really like the processing, subjects, story...

BTW it's unlikely to be a lottery ticket due to her age.

Back