Zombie fly

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Well I was experimenting with my new Kenko extension tubes and the only thing lying around was this dead fly. I positioned him on the leaf but he does look as if he's in flight (well to me anyway). I ended up purchasing the Helicon focus software which I used for focus stacking this shot, took 7 frames.

Mark:)

FlyZombie2.jpg

I think it's combining several shots to get a longer DOF - hopefully the OP will clarify!

Excellent clear, sharp shot. Well worth the time and effort stacking it. Well done(y)(y)

I think it's combining several shots to get a longer DOF - hopefully the OP will clarify!

It is indeed although its a completely new area for me. Because your focusing so close to the subject unless you use a very small aperture (around f22 or above) you end up getting a very shallow depth of field. Using a program like Helicon you can take several shots of the same thing but altering the focus on each shot (stacking), once you load them in to a focus stacking program it blends each of the individual frames together giving you a much better DOF.

Thanks for the comments.

Mark:)

Thats rather good that is (y)

That is a good shot, and a good use of stacked shots too (y).

Back