by Chris, on Flickr

Heeeere'sssss Mummy

by Chris, on Flickr

This is Arfa, arfa gob shot.

by Chris, on Flickr

The Baby Red took one look at the gathering crowds and said sod that,
and went back inside

by Chris, on Flickr

If anyone is interested that damned wooden shed has finally gone.
They are back on "Cheetah rock"

173a
by Chris, on Flickr

by Chris, on Flickr

And finally, of course its a Gob shot (y)

by Chris, on Flickr

Nice set Chris, loving the Squirrel Monkey, great setting. (y)

Nice set Chris, loving the Squirrel Monkey, great setting. (y)
Cheers Roger (y)
And yes I hit that just right as a couple of them started to climb. (y)

Wow hasn't the baby rhinotank grown in a couple of moths sine I was there :D

Nice to hear that awful blue shed has gone, a downright eyesore, don't understand why the put it there
in the first place :rolleyes:

Yeah ok, nice set, never that easy on a bright sunny day (y)

Nice set Chris- love the Cheetah image- cracking shot

Les :)

Nice set Chris.
Love the cheetah shot and the squirrel monkey....
Cheers Bob (y)

Hs that tiger in 047 caught a mouse? It looks like a small tail is hanging out of the left hand side of its mouth?
I see what you mean, Its just some random part of a chicken that it had been devouring I guess.

Lovely set Chris - great that you could pay a visit before lockdown! Squirrel Monkey for me too (y)
Russ
Cheers Russ (y)
I was very lucky TBH. I'd booked this week off anyway ( odd jobs and stuff around the house)
And I'd always planned to go up there at some point, fellow members no longer need to book week days, so that's a plus ( or was :( )
I Just grabbed the opportunity when it was announced they were closing thurs.

Hs that tiger in 047 caught a mouse? It looks like a small tail is hanging out of the left hand side of its mouth?
I see what you mean, Its just some random part of a chicken that it had been devouring I guess.

I've seen one of the lionesses at DWP catch and eat a rat that was unwise enough to push its luck - maybe the tigers at ZSL get as bored!

I've seen one of the lionesses at DWP catch and eat a rat that was unwise enough to push its luck - maybe the tigers at ZSL get as bored!
Once a cat, always a cat... after all, if you've drawn the species jackpot in life then why give up your ticket! :)

Last edited:
maybe the tigers at ZSL get as bored!
I saw one pull the tail feathers out of a pigeon, there, about 10 feet up a tree! that was one lucky pigeon.

The Cheetahs at DZP have had a couple of Peacocks over the years - the wall is low on the visitors' side (plenty high enough on the cats' side though!) so not hard for the fowl to get up and over. East pickings and great enrichment!

They also feed the Jaguar with the occasional pony head - a huge favourite for many visiting school parties (who are warned about it before being allowed up to watch him being fed.)

Hoping to get down to Sparkwell between lockdowns...

Love the shots BTW, Chris. Only problem IMO is the odd looking ghosting of the background in 162 & 043.

Only problem IMO is the odd looking ghosting of the background in 162 & 043.
Its the back fence you can see.
Nothing else was shot through wire or with a wire background., that's what happens in strong light reflecting off a distant fence.

Last edited:
Why do you have a sheep bonking a marrow as your avatar now? ;)

Sheep go Bah
That is a humbug not a marrow
What is the sheep doing to the humbug, that is the question ;)

I saw one pull the tail feathers out of a pigeon, there, about 10 feet up a tree! that was one lucky pigeon.
I've seen one of the lionesses at DWP catch and eat a rat that was unwise enough to push its luck
The Cheetahs at DZP have had a couple of Peacocks over the years

Yeah but got the pictures to prove it :)

Last edited:
Sheep go Bah
That is a humbug not a marrow
What is the sheep doing to the humbug, that is the question ;)

Is it too early to dig the T-shirt out?

Is it too early to dig the T-shirt out?
I'd say its not too early, going on the amount of Christmas crap that's been around since Sept :(

Smart arse :p
I didn't
Actually once given the right date ( :p ) I did get it.

The point

IMG_8511.jpg

The attack

IMG_8514.jpg

The great escape

IMG_8515.jpg

Amazing, and with a Canon :p

Back