And a few more!

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
A nice little Martin/Norton. One probable reason for the spare Featherbed frames that spawned many X-tons. Norton stopped selling engines so race car builders who wanted them bought complete bikes and sold the frames to specials builders of bikes (since the Featherbed was the best handling frame available and bigger engines could be squeezed into them!)

DSCF7181.JPG

A 1913 Talbot 25/50 which was being driven with some verve for a 111 (same age as Bilbo Baggins at the start of the Lord of the Rings!) year old car!

DSCF7189.JPG

A relative youngster (a mere 96!) Alvis 12/50

DSCF7191.JPG

One of my favourites - "Grannie" which seems to be a Morgan of some sort - in part, at least!

DSCF7192.JPG

And finally, the Wellesley Special with 2 front wheel drive BSA power plants - one at each end. Failed to reach the top of the hill on its final run, sounding more like several of BSA's firearms being fired rather than a pair of V-twins!

DSCF7195.JPG

There are loads more but these are the only ones close to being good enough to post - the little X-30 Fuji isn't the best for action shots through trees...

I can still smell the "R" and am putting off a shower for as long as possible!!!

Attachments

• DSCF7188.JPG
    DSCF7188.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF7196.JPG
    DSCF7196.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 2
Some of the solutions to the problems are quite cunning - like the linkages to make sure that both power trains on the BSA thingy (technical term!) are in the same gear, the clutch operates at the same time and both engines are at (about...) the same throttle/power setting. Seeing an X Nash "gearbox" under the floor exposed is a wonder to behold - a series of chains, sprockets and dog clutches.

It's a shame there were a couple of other international events that clashed with today's meeting but there was still enough there to keep us happy and entertained!

Back