Money thoughts …

Just checked for February, after my big fat zero last month its back to winning ways with £175

£150 for Feb

Another £25 here... One miss.. One £50 and the rest £25 means a return of £25 per month.. Not good .. Going to give it a couple of month until its been a full year then if no better move to a higher interest account..

Last month 50+100+25+25= 200
This month 25+25=50
Could be better.

Though they are upping the payouts next month. But not the number of prizes.

I took £49,999 from my account stuck it in a bond with my ifa, £350 payout every month and my investment may grow, it could fall but in for the long run.
Left £1 in bonds, makes it easier to add funds again to my account if I desire.

I took £49,999 from my account stuck it in a bond with my ifa, £350 payout every month and my investment may grow, it could fall but in for the long run.
Left £1 in bonds, makes it easier to add funds again to my account if I desire.
8.4% per annum is quite a good return!

If you are happy to do so, could you say who the bond issuer is and what it is called?

Not at home but think it may be Advance by Embark.

Older longer placed bonds(8-9 years)doing better, one at an initial £55k paying £1k monthly, just need Pootin beat for markets to improve and funds to regain lost ground, good time buy at the mo, shares down interest rates up,.

Last edited:
Can't complain with my 50 quid this month because I cashed some in to stick away in a fixed ISA

£150 today... a £100 and a £50 so thats my biggest win so far and helps my average ...

£150 today... a £100 and a £50 so thats my biggest win so far and helps my average ...

I've had a couple of bigger wins lately. Usually it's just the usual £25 or multiple £25 wins so it's nice to win at another level. I keep them just for the fun of it.

I had a blank but my daughter had £225.

Me £50 Wife zero, so might bale out as the return is pants

Me £50 Wife zero, so might bale out as the return is pants

SNAP! £50 here thats 6 months with a total return on £325 . I could deffo make more in a high interest fixed account . BUT I am going to give it a another 6 mths (full year) and see what the return is...

Checked ours on line at four minutes past midnight this morning

Me; £100
Wife; £25

With reference to premium bonds, how secure are they against scammers getting hold of your investment? I haven't cashed any in for a few years but remember it being quite a simple process.
Very simple, cashed some in a couple of months ago
Got the choice of pretty much immediately or leave until after next draw.
Opted for the latter and they were paid the day after into my bank account.

Me - £50
Wife - £0

Hi all,

Here seems a good a place as any to see what people come up with…

Ive managed to save some money and not sure quite what to do with it …
Coke & hookers baby!

Failing that - pay off any debts (including mortgage, but that is probably last) in reverse order of interest rate charged.

@ beyond the blue
Go HERE
at about 5 minutes past midnight tonight
Enter Holders number and you will get results -- GOOD LUCK !!

btw have you noticed that Nationwide Building Society are now giving better rates of interest ?
ISAs are higher than 4% I believe max is £20K

Just checked mine and its back to winning ways with £100 for May.
Looks like they have forgiven me for taking some out.

Me £100
Wife £150

£125 bringing my average up :)

Just worked it out.. if thats the average (not £125..I mean the average I now have) for the year then its returning me a tiny bit over 1.5% which is equivelant to about 2% anywhere else as I would have to pay 20% tax on it

Last edited:
Back