Motorbikes

Reactions: Nod
Blondie ought to co-wrecked!

Nice ride out round the Peaks this morning and my new chain didn't fall off. :banana:

Back in the day I only ever used split links so this was my first time ever using a riveting tool and vernier gauge.

I still prefer, and use, split links.
It came with a split link and I was very tempted to use it.

Two reasons I didn't -
I wanted to learn something new.
Advice on interweb is overwhelmingly in favour of rivetted links.

Thing is though, I don't remember anyone ever having a problem with split links.

I still prefer, and use, split links.

So do I. BUT, if I was putting 150+ BHP through it rather than the 75 or so that the Bobber (and less than that for the others) puts down, I'd probably go the rivetted route.

Can't take a chance with my massive 47 bhp. :)

I just looked up the specs of my 1974 T140V. 52 bhp.

I wonder when the first 100 bhp road bike appeared,

I'd be fine with using a split on a T140. Especially a modern chain and link.

Mainstream, I think it might have been the CBX. Pretty sure that there were a couple of others shortly before but they were pretty much specials.

Can't remember what the Shovel put down but do remember that the guy who actually did the build had it dynoed. 88", lightened flywheel, b'stard great SU carb, wide open pipes... Paced at 120mph against an accurate speedo (on a closed road, obviously!!!)

Had my bike ceramic coated this week, apart from some stone marks in the screen it looks like a brand new bike, treated with ac50 at the same time if your close to Merseyside I can 100% recommend mirrorshine in maghull really nice fell and does an excellent job

Back