Nifty Fifty Challenge 2024 - Chat thread

Couldn't agree more.
Just looking for a bit of sunshine and today with the last chance forecast not on my side......
Weather really isn't playing ball is it..

I'm with @Topsy Spring showers.

Or an umbrella, they have 'spring' materials in them ;)

When we got to our French house on Saturday it was 8 degrees inside on the ground floor and it took 2 days before it felt warm.

When we got to our French house on Saturday it was 8 degrees inside on the ground floor and it took 2 days before it felt warm.
Bit of a cold welcome :runaway:

Does it have a fire to curl up next too?

Bit of a cold welcome :runaway:

Does it have a fire to curl up next too?

Until last summer, no, but we had a pellet stove installed in the kitchen and a log burner in the living room. The pellet stove needed a bit of learning, and we used 30kg of pellets just getting the kitchen warm.

Today it's 16 degrees outside and the birds singing, bees working away noisily. Rather nice really. I can't post phone pictures unfortunately.

With any luck the Sun will be out more often now, with light, there's Shadows ;)

Threads up..

With any luck the Sun will be out more often now, with light, there's Shadows ;)

Threads up..

Oooh now this should be interesting, and so many variations to be had (y)

I made a last minute, last ditch effort to artfully capture a succulent that randomly sprung up in a planter in my front yard.

Unfortunately, the flower was at the wrong angle for the late sun.

I considered yanking it out to better position it but decided not to.

Gotta admire the little bugger for it's tenacity. No idea where the seed came from. There isn't another one like it anywhere in sight.

Last edited:
I made a last minute, last ditch effort to artfully capture a succulent that randomly sprung up in a planter in my front yard.

Unfortunately, the flower was at the wrong angle for the late sun.

I considered yanking it out to better position it but decided not to.

Gotta admire the little bugger for it's tenacity. No idea where the seed came from. There isn't another one like it anywhere in sight.
If you do manage to get a shot, you could always add it in the other threads :)

I've sorted another challenge if anyone wants to try another..

1st of May = Thick fog :runaway:

I'm going to charge my torch just in case the Sun doesn't play ball.. :D
I got rain all day tomorrow, and decided to do chores today :facepalm:

Bugger... get the waterproofs out and ready, sods law means it'll be dry then :D
Well at least it's only (supposed to be) for one day ;)

Well that`s May done `n` dusted :D

Back