2024 - Week 16, 20, 21, 24, 28, 35 and the Nifty50- Chat thread.

Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Links to threads

16 @ 16

Hi,

Just a bit of fun, taking the Nifty50@week50 idea and running weeks for other FL's.

Details below in the chat, but the idea is to post your favorite/best image you've taken in 2024 until the week of display in the image threads (they will appear at each week, dates below).

Rules.
  • Images must be taken at a FL to match that of 35mm FF relating to the display week, eg week 16 - 16mm FF or 10mm on Canon 1.6 crop etc..
  • Please keep Body & Lens combinations close to the full frame focal length equivalent.
  • Images must be taken from 1st January 2024 to the last day of the display week.
  • Images to be posted in the week that matches the FL. (2 weeks for 20 & 21mm).
  • No cropping except for tiny level if needed, remember this is about the FOV on the FL
  • No prizes or records kept, feel free to show your best/favourite image of the year so far at the matching FL. (No Theme)
  • Open to all, no sign up required and no need to enter them all, so feel free to dip in and out.
  • One image only.
  • Please list gear.

Dates for display.
  • Week 16 - April 15th - 21st.
  • Weeks 20/21 - May 13th - 26th.
  • Week 24 - June 10th - 16th.
  • Week 28 - July 8th - 14th.
  • Week 35 - August 26th - September 1st.
  • Week 50 (AKA - The Nifty50@50) - December 9th - 15th.
Threads will follow later in the year.

Old post below...

Hi, I joked back in December about doing something with more FL's, like week with Nifty50, would anyone be interested in these, 16mm @ week 16, 21mm@ week 21,...etc..?

May be a week to show your best image of the year so far at the FL matching the week?

Open theme, one image, no croping, just for fun.

Poll?

Feel free to chat.

FL's to match that of 35mm Full frame using primes or zooms, give or take a few mm's for crop body users matching up gear.

Last edited:
I think that's a great idea Gav, though I think the "best in the current year" or similar time scope would probably be better than just the week-long period for shooting.

I think it's a good idea Gav, I'll certainly take part. (y) I presume the weeks FL would be based around common 35mm FLs (16, 21, 24, 28 etc) rather than what FL one can get from zooms (which is basically just about every week after week 10).
Hi Paul, yeah, I was thinking common prime lengths (y)

I like the idea just not sure I will always have time to shoot every week but I'll have a go.

I like the idea just not sure I will always have time to shoot every week but I'll have a go.
No need to shoot every week, I'm thinking it's just a way of showing images taken at a FL that match a few weeks of the year, just fun no need to make it a challenge unless you want too..

That list works for me. My 43mm and 77mm Pentax lenses won't count but my Pentax body is APS-C so I'm not bothered about adding those lengths.

Let me know if you need any assistance Gav

Bit late back..

Do we want a poll or keep it light and for display only?

Feel free to shout if I've missed anything, made any errors or you have related suggestions :)

Rules.
  • Images must be taken at a FL to match that of 35mm FF relating to the display week, eg week 16 - 16mm FF or 10mm on Canon 1.6 crop etc..
  • Please keep Body & Lens combinations close to the full frame focal length equivalent.
  • Images must be taken from 1st January 2024 to the last day of the display week.
  • Images to be posted in the week that matches the FL. (2 weeks for 20 & 21mm).
  • No cropping except for tiny level if needed, remember this is about the FOV on the FL
  • No prizes or records kept, feel free to show your best/favourite image of the year so far at the matching FL. (No Theme)
  • Open to all, no sign up required and no need to enter them all, so feel free to dip in and out.
  • One image only.
  • Please list gear.

Dates for display.
  • Week 16 - April 15th - 21st.
  • Weeks 20/21 - May 13th - 26th.
  • Week 24 - June 10th - 16th.
  • Week 28 - July 8th - 14th.
  • Week 35 - August 26th - September 1st.
  • Week 50 (AKA - The Nifty50@50) - December 9th - 15th.
Threads will follow later in the year.

This will remain the chat thread.

Last edited:
That sounds good to me and gives plenty time to shoot at any of the FL.
Thanks Gav

Looks like a good plan.

I dont mind a poll and find it informative. Im always over the moon if I get a vote but if I dont its a learning experiance I look to see if I can see why people prefer a different pic. It may also be useful for anyone looking to sell images by seeing which images people like.

I dont mind a poll and find it informative. Im always over the moon if I get a vote but if I dont its a learning experiance I look to see if I can see why people prefer a different pic. It may also be useful for anyone looking to sell images by seeing which images people like.
Art is very subjective and personal, votes/polls are just a bit of fun, don't read too much into them, that's my outlook anyway.. :)

It's always nice to get votes but that isn't why I do it and if I don't gey any I don't sweat it. For me the "fun" is in the challenge of coming up with something that fits the theme otherwise I would just do my landscape photography on my Dartmoor Photowalks like a one trick Pony.................

I rarely get any votes, but like the challenge of getting out and finding something to shoot. For instance I managed to get a silhouette photo on my nifty 35 (50mm equivalent) this evening.

So we don't need to post anything until week 16, (April 15th - 21st)?
Just save up shots at the relevant focal lengths for the weeks specified.

So we don't need to post anything until week 16, (April 15th - 21st)?
Just save up shots at the relevant focal lengths for the weeks specified.
Hi David, correct, it's just a week long "event" to show images on these dates, just save your favourite images at the FL's you choose to shoot at ( from Jan 1st to the last day of display) and then pick the one you wish to display on the dates above. Threads for the images will follow on the related weeks.

Got a weeks holiday next week must get out and shoot something. Not used my 16-35 yet
Or the 10-20 on a crop this year.

First thread is up and ready to go.

I'm keen to jump on this, but I'm out in Mexico at the moment and closest I've got to 16mm is my 17-40 :oops: :$ Am I going to get away with that or am I out of luck?! If it's close enough to get away with it I'll get a photo in :D

I'm keen to jump on this, but I'm out in Mexico at the moment and closest I've got to 16mm is my 17-40 :oops: :$ Am I going to get away with that or am I out of luck?! If it's close enough to get away with it I'll get a photo in :D
Hi James, 17 is close enough on a full frame (y)

Back