eportuk - this is a scam, isn't it?

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems some are prepared to take a leap of faith:

Great timing of this product and the seller responds to emails very quickly.
vivekm ( 32 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )

Reply by eportuk (12-Dec-08 14:34):
payment of £3,509.99 via bank deposit ... Thank You

Personally, I'd rather pass kidney stones.

they're listing Eos 1Ds III at £3,599 or make offer, that's £1600 less than WHE before you make an offer

If you look back at his old feedback it is mainly for items around £5, then suddenly he's selling thousands of pounds worth of cameras, at well below market value, in one week :cautious:

Why doesn't someone contact him questioning the legitimacy of the listing? It should be pretty obvious if it's the genuine eport from his customer service skills and spelling. :LOL:

Someone (ie me) already did!

I've asked him why he isn't VAT registred, and on a failing to be convinced reported this an an account hijack to Ebay.

Sellers on eBay must accept Paypal (I'm sure that's right), while he doesn't say he won't accept it, he says any orders not using bank transfer won't be processed unless you contact him first. What's the betting any attempt to contact him re paypal meet with no reply?

Because I very much doubt (his) comments like: "seems like your a what ever yiu said. Havent you got nothing better to do in your like than talk a load off bull. Hate when some people think they know it all.", have anything to do with neurological deficiency, and all to do with lack of education & attitude :D

I noticed that he has been selling items at a high value for a few months now. In December he sold something for £3,231.00. He also appears to have sold a number of items ranging from £100-500 in the last half of 08, so to be doesn't look like an account hijack but then I have no explanation for his prices!! Anyone else have any thoughts?

I noticed that he has been selling items at a high value for a few months now. In December he sold something for £3,231.00. He also appears to have sold a number of items ranging from £100-500 in the last half of 08, so to be doesn't look like an account hijack but then I have no explanation for his prices!! Anyone else have any thoughts?

My ideas were money laundering, stolen items or smuggling :)

I still don't think any of the items exist. I reckon the seller will last a weekend, then they will all be "pulled".

Well amazingly this is still going - and no one has left any feedback saying they have got any of these items that have been sold ... ;):cautious:

lol, got to love his reply, wish it had more characters available, lol

why doesnt ebay list dates on it though??:thinking:

looks like it finished bout the 11th-12th ish

You've got to ask why Ebay are still letting this run.

I count 217 completed auctions since March 9th, and not one feedback left for anything substantial.

not a punishment to not leave feedback though, it is wierd though

You people really need to get a hobbie or a day job. Rude and profetik people, before insulting others get your facts rite. If you think we are a scam dont buy from us. The person who say he/she is good at spotting fraudsters when did u become sherlock holmes, grow up. We had been through this before with PS3 hard drives and now just laugh it off as you lot a sad, norrow minded people. :clap: WELL DONE

this guy thinks it's a scam, why hasn't he received his camera ?

Repeated requests for postal tracking details -ve. False telephone numbers???
68hun68 ( 5 )
20-Mar-09 19:55

Follow-up by 68hun68 (20-Mar-09 20:47):
EXTREMELY CONCERNED. I HAVE LEFT YOU MY NUMBER BEFORE I AM FORCED TO CALL POLICE
o
Reply by eportuk (21-Mar-09 00:49):
thank you 4 the negative feedback. full refund will be given back & no delivery

Last edited:
You people really need to get a hobbie or a day job. Rude and profetik people, before insulting others get your facts rite. If you think we are a scam dont buy from us. The person who say he/she is good at spotting fraudsters when did u become sherlock holmes, grow up. We had been through this before with PS3 hard drives and now just laugh it off as you lot a sad, norrow minded people. :clap: WELL DONE

You've sold 210 items, and not 1 feedback confirming delivery.

The last two are negative and neutral. No one has got any items.

How can you claim to have sold 6 Sony A900's below cost price? Why has not one buyer left feedback confirming goods recieved?

Your spelling stinks by the way.

Yours profetikally. :LOL::nuts:

Spelling might stink but our sales dont stink. You will see how many feedback we get on from next week. Now havent you got nothing better to do. Contact us on 01282 700751

Ask the guy who thinks its a scam what the police told him. How can you go to the police and say something is a scam when you havent allowed enough time for delivery. His order has been canceled and a cheque will be sent out to the idiot for his payment. We have better things to do like make money instead of wasting time with you small people. Good Bye

Ask the guy who thinks its a scam what the police told him. How can you go to the police and say something is a scam when you havent allowed enough time for delivery. His order has been canceled and a cheque will be sent out to the idiot for his payment. We have better things to do like make money instead of wasting time with you small people. Good Bye

Are you 12? Do you seriously represent this company? You appear to have drunk too much Sunny Delight and have turned into Kevin the Teenager.

If you are selling Sony A900's at £1200 your company is not making money. its losing. Big time.

Now even an idiot can see that. Are you VAT registered? If not, why not, as your turnover in the last week has put you over the threshold.

Why when bank transfers are instant has no one left feedback for items recieved

Rather than having a tantrum - you could simply answer the questions?

Back