eportuk - this is a scam, isn't it?

Why would you want us to be polite to idiots, dole dossers who can just dream off owning a slr camera, hvd camcorder. We have many buyers as it is and dont need idiots buying from us, our prices are cheaper than any one in europe so we are not short of customers. WHO WOULD YOU BUY FROM US (WHICH YOU CAN SAVE £100's OF POUND OR BUY FROM A RETAIL STORE WHO OVER CHARGE.

i'd think a week to post a camera from Burnley to anywhere in the UK would be plenty of time, unless you're drop shipping from China

with an attitude like you're displaying on this forum I can't see you picking up much business here

Why would you want us to be polite to idiots, dole dossers who can just dream off owning a slr camera, hvd camcorder. We have many buyers as it is and dont need idiots buying from us, our prices are cheaper than any one in europe so we are not short of customers. WHO WOULD YOU BUY FROM US (WHICH YOU CAN SAVE £100's OF POUND OR BUY FROM A RETAIL STORE WHO OVER CHARGE.

:thinking::LOL::nuts::puke:

Who ever told you bank transfers are instant. Not suprised that you dont know, you must be limited to funds. Bank transfer take 3-5 working days to credit and who says we dont accept paypal (Although they are a rip off).

eportuk, either drop your attitude or you'll find yourself banned. You're doing yourself no favours at all with your customer base.
We don't allow commercial promotion, so please be careful how you proceed.

You people really need to get a hobbie or a day job
Can't vouch for the others, but I have a day job. It's at the SFO, and very fulfilling for the civil service.

Incidentally, back transfers under FPS can take as little as 2hrs.

All manufacture make there item in asia, some are destined for uk (which we get), some for usa and hk. Uk stock come with international warranty or european warranty depending on the manucature's. Usa items come with us warranty aned hong kong item come with HK warranty. We suggest you break you piggy bank and buy a item and see what warranty the manufactures do. Ok leave to narrow minded people alone, some people got work to do. Good Bye

All manufacture make there item in asia, some are destined for uk (which we get), some for usa and hk. Uk stock come with international warranty or european warranty depending on the manucature's. Usa items come with us warranty aned hong kong item come with HK warranty. We suggest you break you piggy bank and buy a item and see what warranty the manufactures do. Ok leave to narrow minded people alone, some people got work to do. Good Bye

http://www.europe-nikon.com/support/en_GB/local/broad/432/1.html

**WARNING**
Please be wary of dealers claiming to be able to sell or provide you an international warranty for digital equipment when you are purchasing from overseas, or from importers. THIS IS FALSE . International warranty for these products is unavailable.

You do not get Nikon items destined for the UK. These go to Nikon B.V in The Netherlands for regional distribution.

2hr bank transfer are done under some banks who do the fast track service like llyods tsb, barclays. Not sure about other. International transfers are upto 5 working days. I guess i better go better am kicked out.

eportuk, either drop your attitude or you'll find yourself banned. You're doing yourself no favours at all with your customer base.
We don't allow commercial promotion, so please be careful how you procee

Admin do what ever turns you on, like i wanna come here. G9otter better things to do.

Who ever told you bank transfers are instant. Not suprised that you dont know, you must be limited to funds. Bank transfer take 3-5 working days to credit and who says we dont accept paypal (Although they are a rip off).

and the insults keep coming, I can't see your customers being happy when they've paid for a UK camera receive a Asian spec one along with a Duty charge, 15% VAT bill and a courier surcharge

puddleduck what ever you say cant affect our sales. You have no idea about anything. You hater, do we make you feel small, guess you wish you was able to trade like us. GO DRINK YOUR MUMS MILK

Nice to see customer service isn't a priority.

puddleduck what ever you say cant affect our sales. You have no idea about anything. You hater, do we make you feel small, guess you wish you was able to trade like us. GO DRINK YOUR MUMS MILK

You are funny.

Well you had your chance of a right to reply. Seems like many people STILL think you're a scammer. Shame. You had your chance to put them right but didn't use it.

Instead you chose to throw pathetic, childish insults. Sad really.
You'll soon realise that you've just alienated a good few thousand of your direct potential customerbase by being a completely juvenile and illiterate tool.

You're no longer welcome on the forum. Tara! :wave:

Well its a baffling response - and the behaviour is very much like the thread on AVF from the first link on Google. So its probably the same company, and not an account hi-jack.

All strange. If these are Grey imported / drop-shipped it would explain the prices up to a point, although all the Nikon stuff is sold specifically as Nikon UK (and it can't be) so there they will be no warranty on bodies, Lens will be OK, assuming there is the Nikon warranty paperwork.

he love you long time, he sell best camera, real stuff! No fake cannon or nickon, and he give true warrenty for ALL nickon!

so, we agree he isnt worth buying off??:LOL:

so, we agree he isnt worth buying off??:LOL:

What is so surprising is that someone would register here, and hurl around abuse, while admitting the goods are coming from oversees and not the UK as claimed on the auctions.

I just can't understand the business model at all or the rationale behind abusing a huge potential customer base.

A decent company would have said something like - "Thanks for your interest - I am happy to alleviate your concerns....", not act like a spoiled brat with nursery school levels of literacy.

Google will find this thread and the one on AVF, and he had a great chance here to come on and do himself a world of good.

Just bizarre.

I came across this seller last week as well, emailed him asking about paying for Paypal, mentioning Ebay's rules and got a two word reply back stating "bank transfer". I did email Ebay but have not yet had the courtesy of a response.

Edit: I somehow missed page two of this thread. Wow, when you think of the spending power of this forum and the amount of potential customers plus the amount of times that Google etc pick up threads from here you would imagine eportuk would have taken advantage to do some damage limitation rather than insult all those potential customers !

Last edited:
well, he is obvious getting enough money in to keep him happy and sending out enough to keep some of his customers happy, but im sure he will come unstuck soon as he seems to be doing illegal things

Latest feedback:

Negative feedback rating No Item. Gone to Paypal Dispute to get £4100 back - Very Concerned!! Buyer:
filterfantastic08 ( 8223 [Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999] )
23-Mar-09 14:32
BRAND NEW NIKON D3X DIGITAL SLR CAMERA (#160320845644) £4,100.00

Negative feedback rating No contesta. No envía Olympus E-3. Teléf. falso. Sólo le interesa el dinero. Buyer:
rafaymariajose ( 57 [Feedback score is 50 to 99] )
23-Mar-09 14:22
BRAND NEW OLYMPUS E-3 DIGITAL SLR CAMERA (#180336376991) £720.02 View Item

Latest feedback:

Negative feedback rating No Item. Gone to Paypal Dispute to get £4100 back - Very Concerned!! Buyer:
filterfantastic08 ( 8223 [Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999] )
23-Mar-09 14:32
BRAND NEW NIKON D3X DIGITAL SLR CAMERA (#160320845644) £4,100.00

Oh dear, it seems that the ever-popular filterfantastic have been scammed out of £4,100..... what sort of chump transfers that sort of money to a stranger on Ebay :LOL:

The guy who came on here ranting and raving won't be bothered about upsetting anybody because he knows it's a smash and grab jobbie and all the orders that were gonna be placed have been placed already. :bonk:

Looks like FF paid with paypal so her money will be covered, it's all the ones that did the bank transfers that have to worry

Looks like FF paid with paypal so her money will be covered, it's all the ones that did the bank transfers that have to worry

ohhhhh I getcha :D I thought I'd read somewhere that the guy wouldn't accept Paypal, my bad.

Looks like I fell for this one. Mine was a straight auction. About five Samsung GX20's were auctioned last week. They went for £410 to £442 which isn't particularly cheap, I missed some from legit retailers around that price. The last one went to someone in France. I paid mine via the bank, I thought it was odd at the time, but the listing looked legit. I've sent about 4 emails and haven't had any reply and I've twice reported it to ebay and received just an acknowledgement. I've also left messages on the answer machine.

This is the last one that went through (not mine) link

Search advanced for samsung gx-20 over £300 in completed listings to find the others.

shimbo

-ve feedback is flying in now as people are panicking. If something looks too good to be true...

The cynic in me says this is exactly the sort of thing eBay would want to happen to encourage buyers to only use PP. There's 20p+3.4% in it for them afterall.

I was lucky with another seller recently. I won a 1Ds MkII with less than 10000 clicks for £1400 and paid by PayPal. The next day, the seller contacted me to say he'd put the wrong PayPal email address down and wanted me to pay to another account. Since it was no longer tied into the eBay auction, I wasn't going to be protected so I cancelled the first payment and walked away. A week later, the seller was no longer registered.

Last edited:
wow, this thread went by very quick, and what a very sad ending :shake:

I say sad since this demonstrates not just the juvenile behaviour of this business, but many others that are legitimate ... it's just that this one was crossed by one of TP valued member!

A decent company would have said something like - "Thanks for your interest - I am happy to alleviate your concerns....", not act like a spoiled brat with nursery school levels of literacy.

Sadly, even very legitimate business have had that sort of behaviour, though not as openly or as graphic. I don't want to dwell on the matter, but I've had worse experiences.

Edit: I somehow missed page two of this thread. Wow, when you think of the spending power of this forum and the amount of potential customers plus the amount of times that Google etc pick up threads from here you would imagine eportuk would have taken advantage to do some damage limitation rather than insult all those potential customers !

So very true, the spending power of a group is huge and thanks to the Internet it's like a snow-ball effect.

If someone here recommends a store to deal with, you can rest assured that the store will get a lot of business .. and this is just the one forum. Imagine the collective power of the various UK photography forums!

The cynic in me says this is exactly the sort of thing eBay would want to happen to encourage buyers to only use PP. There's 20p+3.4% in it for them afterall.

Actually PayPal, to me, is a horrid business example of bigoted profiteering.

The 3.4% margin is a huge mark-up. Even Credit Cards, which are frowned upon for their excessive rates don't charge that much, with the exception of Amex and Diners :shrug: ..

but that's not the whole story, when you withdraw your money from PayPal it takes 3~5 working days, and unless you do the transfer on a Monday then it will take longer than that. That money transferred, which should show in your account "instantly", goes into PayPal liability account (but since they are a financial organisation, their liabilities are in effect an asset to the market) and they earn money on that liability. Imagine the collective billions world-wide that is sitting in their account at any one given moment.

True, some banks take 3~4 days to effect a transfer and that too is "unfair" practice that the banks impose on their clients as a "supplier's power". It is an unethical and insensitive way to earn money.

Yes, I hate banks, and the banking system. I find them to be one of the few legalised criminals which we are forced to deal with!

they changed it recently so the whole amount is covered, there's probably T&Cs attached to that though

I heard that they only pay out to the ceiling of what's in the sellers account, and they divide this amongst all the claimants.

Edit: This was the case last year. Now they seem to pay the full amount UK and £500 overseas.

They seem to have changed/removed some of the feedback for this seller and must have been satisfied with them.

Another problem is that they don't give you the sellers address, just the postcode.

shimbo

Last edited:
The items, if sent from overseas, could take three weeks to arrive and clear Customs. I cannot condone the seller's or eBay's behaviour, but I hope it works out OK for those who have bought. I guess eportuk is still operating because eBay has had sufficient reassurance from them.

Despite their failings, PayPal are about the cheapest option for low-turnover card payments. NatWest's Fastpay fell by the wayside; Google Checkout raised their charges. The Government applied a light touch with regard to regulating them, but that's maybe changed now, following complaints in the media. I can prove that PayPal are a bunch of liars when it comes to making a refund, with immediate capitulation when the evidence was presented.

The items, if sent from overseas, could take three weeks to arrive and clear Customs. I cannot condone the seller's or eBay's behaviour, but I hope it works out OK for those who have bought. I guess eportuk is still operating because eBay has had sufficient reassurance from them.

Despite their failings, PayPal are about the cheapest option for low-turnover card payments. NatWest's Fastpay fell by the wayside; Google Checkout raised their charges. The Government applied a light touch with regard to regulating them, but that's maybe changed now, following complaints in the media. I can prove that PayPal are a bunch of liars when it comes to making a refund, with immediate capitulation when the evidence was presented.

I had a relatively minor dispute of £30 worth of items not being sent. I raised a dispute and the seller did not respond. PayPal refunded my money less a £15 administration fee!

Barstewards! Was that recently? The eBay dispute process had the admin fee but at the beginning of the year I was directed down the PayPal route, where the only loss is in sending back the item with tracking. I guess the eBay process is still there for non-PayPal payments.

I've never had any problem getting money back when scammed.

Can't go into details from either case, but we are talking £2k+ and £1.5k within the last 6 months. Both scammers. One took over 6 weeks to resolve (that was squeaky bum time!)

Back