Semi-Professional Tog: First time on Internet forum

I am by far no expert i would barely call myself a Novice if i am honest. I have been slowly learning bits for a good two years now and its been slow, although i havent had much time lately to do any learning or practicing.

Can you really call yourself a semi-pro, i think you are kind of right in saying that you do not necessarily need hundreds of thousands of pounds of gear, but to say you are a semi pro and you use a compact camera, surely you have been misled.

Why would so many thousands pro togs be spending that much amount of money on gear if they could use a compact camera and be called a pro?

Dont mean to sound harsh but either this is a joke or you have been seriously misled.

You can take very good photos with only basic kit.

Pro's buy all that expensive kit because it makes their job easier.
Wide maximum apertures for low-light use.
Expensive optics for best image quality.
Flashguns for creative lighting or low-light use.
Spare bodies should something happen to one on the day. etc etc (y)

can we see some more of your work please??????

You can take very good photos with only basic kit.

Pro's buy all that expensive kit because it makes their job easier.
Wide maximum apertures for low-light use.
Expensive optics for best image quality.
Flashguns for creative lighting or low-light use.
Spare bodies should something happen to one on the day. etc etc (y)

When i said you dont need to spend hundred of thousands on gear as he said, i did mean that surely you would need some kind of basic DSLR and lens.

But as you quite rightly said they pay all that money to make things easier and to get the best out of the body.

In No7, What's the bloke in the red t-shirt doing to the bloke bent over the table? :eek:

pm for me too please.

i am reading but not biting

share and share alike, me too, please.

" let the kids go hungry " i am not leaving this lappy tonight!! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: : (y)

Why couldn't it be real? I think you've all been pretty harsh in all honesty. If he hasn't ever been on a forum before who does he compare his work to? You may have just shot him down and ruined his dream than offering advice...

59 views 58 comments, not bad ratio

Why couldn't it be real? I think you've all been pretty harsh in all honesty. If he hasn't ever been on a forum before who does he compare his work to? You may have just shot him down and ruined his dream than offering advice...

Well I don't think you need to go on a forum to be able to compare your work with the pros. ;)

The last thread that grew this fast was the infamous MILF thread :LOL:

Ignore these numbskulls Tony, they're all jealous of you.

Actually, they're jealous of me as well, but then I am the Archbishop of Cantebury.

Wibble, fish, banana.

so do you take pics and do the ceremony? oh and PM to me too please.

did i get to post before the :lock:?

Michael.

Looks like they have found a new path down from the hills!!!:whistle:

I see where you are comming from just liking positive comments on your images it must work well for you, nice unique style you have(y)

:welcome:

can we see some more of your work please??????

I will post up some more later.. I thought people on here would know what their talking about but clearly alot of you just dont see my talent. All my friends & customers like my work, so really I guess its just a matter of opinion, some will like, some wont. :)

Sky+ activated. away to get the :popcorn: + :beer: before i read any more cant wait for his responce to the posts he has.

Michael

Love the photos.If I were able to produce work to this standard I would consider turning pro as well. Don't let these bullies get you down :)

Agreed
if this is real I can imagine his confidence is pretty low at the moment, I have learnt a great deal from you guys which I thank you for, but sometimes people can be a tad harsh to those wanting to learn and carry on this great hobby / buisness

Back