SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Kev - I clicked on your thread as I'm an old 2000AD nut (Sam Slade Robo Hunter) and as a fellow Peterborough boy I'm glad I did.

In terms of feedback I like what you're trying to do. Uncoventional is good by me. Having said that the car shot wasn't for me, I liked the doghouse shot - especially the lighting and I liked the first attempt at the pinhole shot in post #27.

I did'nt think Dawn was being negative though. I thgought her critiques was well thought through and fair.

Love the 40k figures (did that too 100 years ago too) and the dinner table is superb.

Keep 'em coming.

Kev - I clicked on your thread as I'm an old 2000AD nut (Sam Slade Robo Hunter) and as a fellow Peterborough boy I'm glad I did.

OMG...** literally the first person ever to mention the origin of my handle..glad ** like 'some' of my shots... (y)

and as for being Pebo..u serious.. u round here somewhere.. :cautious:

OMG...** literally the first person ever to mention the origin of my handle..glad ** like 'some' of my shots... (y)

and as for being Pebo..u serious.. u round here somewhere.. :cautious:

Yup - Park Farm.

Lived in Chatteris until September but been in Peterborough since :)

thats one hell of a serving of brandy...
like it:D

Still can't see the cube though...

DAN!!... omg man!!.. thats not brandy... strictly tea total here in case the cat gets up on the table..or i can't focus correctly...

i can't either...even after drinking the 'brandy'... :naughty:

Love the Image... The cube is facinting in a way... what's in it I wonder?

Hiya Kev,

Apologies for taking so long to comment on your week 5 and 6. I remember seeing the 'hard' images, but must have got distracted or ran away from them as the first looks really scary to me :LOL:

Even though I prefer the kitty pic out of the three, if I had to choose out of the figures, I would go with the first because he looks might fierce and hard.

I like your week 6 photo, it looks very inviting with a hint of curiosity ..... the green box adds lovely colour and compliments the brown/cream tones well.

So let me hazard a guess ..... the box is full of 'clutter' :p

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Kev,

Apologies for taking so long to comment on your week 5 and 6. I remember seeing the 'hard' images, but must have got distracted or ran away from them as the first looks really scary to me :LOL:

Even though I prefer the kitty pic out of the three, if I had to choose out of the figures, I would go with the first because he looks might fierce and hard.

I like your week 6 photo, it looks very inviting with a hint of curiosity ..... the green box adds lovely colour and compliments the brown/cream tones well.

So let me hazard a guess ..... the box is full of 'clutter' :p

Cheers

dawn, thanks for your comments.. i look forward to them everytime.. (y)....

but..thinking about the image... its an anti-image to the theme... there could be clutter in the box (that i can't see :help:) but the whole setting is stark..and decluttered... just a thought...

..maybe this green box could catch on in the coming weeks..?

..between Good and Evil

C&C welcome, but this week has been crud for me so go easy... started off thinking this was a job for macro but then realised where i wanted to take it...and this was the resultant product... :cautious:

Hiya,

Having spent so much time with my son re lego building (much of which I have had to do myself) I can relate to this image....

And it is indeed a fine line, not forgetting how delicate a product it is with all the intricate pieces.

So well done on your post!

I hesitate to show Roo this pic because no doubt he will want the characters in the image :LOL:

Cheers

As previously warned.... the viewing of this image may cause hysteria in children and like minded adults...blurb after image

What inspired such a shot?.... first thought was the chaos of the economic market.. fuel prices increases AGAIN..etc.. hence monopoly... but then throw into the mix the good vs evil empire aspect and monopoly changes from a 'nice' game into ...chaos... i added a few touches like crocodiles and chess as the icing on the cake...

Hiya Kev,

What a brilliant idea for chaos (y) Love the way you have staged all the pieces, especially the little orange robots in the lower right corner a bit like they are trying to escape the chaos and the crocs chomping on the die.

Adding the various game pieces is brill too, and I am sure when I show my son this photo he is going to get ideas and will be entertained for hours. I can't wait to hear the stories he invents.

Loads to look at, and a very busy photo indeed.

Well done

Cheers

Great shot mate... a real good take on the theme... I'd never have thought of that!

wow!!! what an inspired shot! I love the concept you've created, what a great take on this theme :)

Wow from me as well ,what a fab idea & so well put together,really conveys chaos well(y)

especially the little orange robots in the lower right corner

cough...splutter... robots..girl.!!! you just don't know your star wars characters :D ... they're rebel pilots...

the crocs chomping on the die.

...anyone catch the snakes eyes reference.. so one reptile eating another?... no.. ok :D ...

dawn..i always await your critique... many thanks...

wow!!! what an inspired shot! I love the concept you've created, what a great take on this theme :)

thanks (y) ... i think also it came to me from watching domino rallys..you know... the massive ones... so i tried to cram alot in without filling the board.. kept a story to it..?

Inspired indeed, well done! :D

just as a short note...the inspiration to include lego wasn't any sort of bolt of lightning... if anyone is interested... i have a youtube channel that might explain more..

Dawn... this might interest your son..AND give him even more ideas...for which i am not to blame... :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuelSlade007?feature=mhum

Hiya Kev,

cough...splutter... robots..girl.!!! you just don't know your star wars characters :D ... they're rebel pilots...

...anyone catch the snakes eyes reference.. so one reptile eating another?... no.. ok :D ...

dawn..i always await your critique... many thanks...

My apologies ..... Rebel Pilots then :D (and no I probably don't know all my star wars characters ..... only a few)

Ahhh, yes I see the snakes eyes reference now, good one (y)

And you are welcome re the critique, I look forward to what you produce for each weeks theme.

just as a short note...the inspiration to include lego wasn't any sort of bolt of lightning... if anyone is interested... i have a youtube channel that might explain more..

Dawn... this might interest your son..AND give him even more ideas...for which i am not to blame... :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuelSlade007?feature=mhum

Thanks for the link to your youtube channel, very interesting indeed. Fortunately my son is only 6 years old so not as advanced in being able to create videos yet, but some of the stories he makes up while playing with his toys, especially lego, would make intereting material.

Cheers

Hiya Kev, what an excellent image, I like all of the extras you have added into the monopoly.

As previously warned.... the viewing of this image may cause hysteria in children and like minded adults...blurb after image

What inspired such a shot?.... first thought was the chaos of the economic market.. fuel prices increases AGAIN..etc.. hence monopoly... but then throw into the mix the good vs evil empire aspect and monopoly changes from a 'nice' game into ...chaos... i added a few touches like crocodiles and chess as the icing on the cake...

Week 9 : Finish ...

I know its late...AND i know its from last year..but a) being out of work i thought i'd have plenty of time for photography..turns out not the case..AND i have always wanted to highlight my work shooting greys...and showing in mono seems to bring out the detail more...though i guess i should have sharpened it maybe...:bonk:

Week 10 : Trio

For trio i tried this concept out when i first got my 40D, in the garden..but that was of 5 of me... here i present a trio... admittedly this one is also from last year..but circumstances are overtaking me and i didn't want this project to slip like most things round here..

C&C welcome.. (y)

Hiya Kev,

Well done on both week 9 & 10, they are fantastic shots.

The greyhound shot is a action shot and so clear :clap:

I am absolutely fascinated at how you manage to do these photos like week 10 and very clever indeed.

Cheers

thanks dawn, thanks Lynne...

greyhounds are a bugger to catch, most times they pass you in a pack... if you have the angle right and the timing then you crop in on one like i did, one owner i photographed his dog for asked for the crop to as close to the next dogs nose, so it looked like he crossed the line ahead of the rest... but hey..he as paying so i didn't mind..

the trio shot is easy... BUT i find as long as you have an environment that isn't going to change then you can take ** time....and change clothes like i did... outside you have to allow for sun direction, leave it too long and cloud can come over.. its the old saying...get it right in the camera and the PP is left to sharpening and levels at the most... :naughty:

...how they did it i don't know... but they DID>.. the sum total of human knowledge IN one book..??? wow...

and soo.. i present... to you..

KNOWLEDGE:

5585962180_bd5f5be96a.jpg

..and how better.. than to demonstrate moderation in drinking...

MODERATION:

..and before anyone asks... the amount in the ine glass is that in the pint... i tried to fit it in the shot glass..but had to drinkkk the excess...ss

..and how else to demostrate EMPTY...than to empty the glasses from week 12... lol.. You.might See a straw at the back... just so the glasses didn't move.. :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ... i'm surprised i even mamaged to upload these correctly..let alone cook dinner after taking these...

EMPTY?

The worrying thing is...that i can't see green boxes anymore.... its an orange one now... if yoiuuu see it... why are u drinking at thissh time of the day..??? :bonk:

Hi Kev,

I'm sorry, but your weeks 8, 9 and 10 have ruined your weeks 11, 12 and 13.
Where's your mega inspiration and PP skills?

Just checked out your Lego on youtube, considerable time and effort, but they're worth it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your week 14.
'Object' is like a blank canvas, a canvas I'm sure you can fill with some inspirational idea - no pressure :D

Back