SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Hi Kev,

I'm sorry, but your weeks 8, 9 and 10 have ruined your weeks 11, 12 and 13.
Where's your mega inspiration and PP skills?

Just checked out your Lego on youtube, considerable time and effort, but they're worth it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your week 14.
'Object' is like a blank canvas, a canvas I'm sure you can fill with some inspirational idea - no pressure :D

so..??? neil.. my 8 to 10 have ruined 11 to 13... r u saying the later is bad... or the former..? or ..hang on.. which is better..? :bang: damn that i know they say waste not want not ... but i need a clearer head for this..and emptying those glasses hasn't helped..

AND hang on there neil...is that the sound of a gauntlet being tossed on yonder grassy plain???... week 14.. i'm going to have to rethink my 'object'... :naughty:

I wouldn't say bad, just lacking the same spirit of imagination you gave 8 to 10, although obviously week 12 had some spirit, or was it larger :LOL:

As for the gauntlet on yonder plain, lets just say I'd be disappointed in you if you post a picture of a book. I'm expecting more from someone who can spend all that time producing Lego videos!

Hi Kev
Your photos are great! I can't decide which of them I like best. With your Trio, you showed that your skills with PP are much better then mine when it comes to Multiplicity (My attempt). Good thing you were late with moderation because you probably wouldn't have been able to follow it up with your empty. One thing though. The brandy glass appears to be leaning to the left. Or is that just the booze? :beer:

Hi Kev
Your photos are great! I can't decide which of them I like best. With your Trio, you showed that your skills with PP are much better then mine when it comes to Multiplicity (My attempt). Good thing you were late with moderation because you probably wouldn't have been able to follow it up with your empty. One thing though. The brandy glass appears to be leaning to the left. Or is that just the booze? :beer:

i think by the time it came to empty i WAS leaning to the side... it as ginger wine... and i don't usually drink that much in one sitting... thanks for the compliment on trio :)

I wouldn't say bad, just lacking the same spirit of imagination you gave 8 to 10, although obviously week 12 had some spirit, or was it larger :LOL:

As for the gauntlet on yonder plain, lets just say I'd be disappointed in you if you post a picture of a book. I'm expecting more from someone who can spend all that time producing Lego videos!

neil, you are right about the last 3.. i admit i was behind in the weeks..and threw them together today... more haste less speed and it shows... i'm not happy with the lighting in 12 and 13... and 11.. wow.. a book...

..and boy..those videos..they took months sometimes to accomplish sseriously.. i;ve got folders full of the individual photos.. AHEM... i mean .. you can't get talented lego actors these days... its all unions and high fees for those little blighters...personally i love the j2o team vid... all my own work..(and voiceover) ... but shame, the *** i did it for weren't impressed..and binned it in favour of lesser pieces... their lose though..

i'm going to seriously see what i can do for object... funny.. one comes to mind... but its in a field on the way to work... damn you man!!... now i'll have to get the wellies and bin liners out, see if i can get low enough... :thinking: . .

..and Liam... don't knock your shot... that's well good...probably the only point is the shot where ** standing up at the back, and the one reading the classic Watchmen comic, his head doesn't quite fit...

personally i want to do more like this..but so much to do and so little time...

Hiya Kev,

Wow I need my DG's :cool: to look at your last three pics, they are very bright.

Hmmm .... where to start? Well let's say you definitely maintained a colour consistency in the three weeks, i.e., Orange. BTW how did you magic the green box to orange in your state after slurping all three glasses, through a straw (I might add ..... very clever indeed :LOL:), bet you felt a bit :puke: green after all that :D (or are you going to blame it on the three from the Trio who consumed all the beverage?)

I won't state the obvious about the 'leaning' which has already been mentioned.

Main thing though is .... as long as you enjoyed yourself whilst putting this set together. I had to chuckle at your comments and the typos :p

Guess you were pretty much like the little fella on the shot glass .... 'raving' :LOL:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Last edited:
dawn...it was a rollercoaster from hell drinking all that in one go... i am not tee total... but on an empty stomach boy did i bump into a few things yesterday...

i have looked back on that tog bender with shame, some *** wonder where they left their trousers (or is that just me)... but me.. i wonder where i left my brain... it was fun.. and everyone has their lows....

'object' will be different... though i have had a drink tonight..so tonight not be a good idea to start.. lol.. :D

dawn...it was a rollercoaster from hell drinking all that in one go... i am not tee total... but on an empty stomach boy did i bump into a few things yesterday...

i have looked back on that tog bender with shame, some *** wonder where they left their trousers (or is that just me)... but me.. i wonder where i left my brain... it was fun.. and everyone has their lows....

'object' will be different... though i have had a drink tonight..so tonight not be a good idea to start.. lol.. :D

Hiya Kev,

I'm going to start calling you 'Irene' :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I can well imagine you were on a roller coaster ride TO hell drinking all that in one go, but at least you had fun. Hopefully now you can see why I was blinded by your p'light' :D

Indeed, everyone has their lows .... but please don't make a habit of it :hug:

Now I am holding you to your promise that 'object' will be different, and good idea not to try to attempt it tonight after having a drink.

OMG :bonk: listen to me preaching :LOL: But heyho, cheers ~ching ching~

Take it easy

Cheers

Last edited:
tick follows tock follows tick....

indeed...are these any good for .... 'object' ... seems only Neil and Dawn may tell me so... i hold my breath...

Take 1: Self portrait....

pay close attention and tell me... whats different? :bonk:

.. and there's take 2: out on the moors...well the fens to be honest.. but there was the distant sounds of howls carried in the wind... well OK... maybe a Chihuahua or two :thinking:

.. :LOL: now... this floats my boat for this week... though i am going to try and get a third shot.. but that depends on clear evening skies and maybe someone lending me a 500mm lens...:cautious: ..and no.. my middle name ain't Tom... :LOL:

Hiya Kev,

OMG!!! I think I just .... L, M, N, O, P'd myself .... that is absolutely fantastic :clap:

Love how you have captured the bloodshot eye .... obviously reminiscent of the week 12 :LOL: And how cool is the reflection (y) Not to mention the cat-like iris. How the hell did you do that?

Then you top it off with another haunting experience ..... like the eye in #1 is watching us from the lookouts wwwwoooohoooo!

OMG please don't post a 3rd pic to this otherwise I will have to sleep with one eye open at night :p

Excellent (and glad to see you are back on form (y))

Cheers

Hiya Kev,

OMG!!! I think I just .... L, M, N, O, P'd myself .... that is absolutely fantastic :clap:

Love how you have captured the bloodshot eye .... obviously reminiscent of the week 12 :LOL: And how cool is the reflection (y) Not to mention the cat-like iris. How the hell did you do that?

Then you top it off with another haunting experience ..... like the eye in #1 is watching us from the lookouts wwwwoooohoooo!

OMG please don't post a 3rd pic to this otherwise I will have to sleep with one eye open at night :p

Excellent (and glad to see you are back on form (y))

Cheers

:agree:

AWE.... group ..:hug: ... thank you ladies...

its late.. but i am glowing..and its not the drink from the weekend...BUT..bloodshot eye... :D ...long story.. and again not so much the drink.. :nono: .. the cat iris... was difficult.. you ask a cat to smile for the camera..and she'll look the other way .or close her eyes...make a scratching noise, and she'll stare you out and open wide...just long enough to squeeze off a couple of shots... then pick out one of her eyes.. (not literally!!) and blend the edges...

...:razz: .. a third one may well be coming soon if this is the effect these two have... YES!!! (y)

I feel I am back on form?!... (y)(y)(y)

..erm..can i just add quickly.... i took the eye using the tether method, setting Live mode on the laptop controls, so i could see where my eye was... but to get enough light on me, i had a 400W lamp blinding me.. :D ... now... i look at it and think how much focus i had getting small detail like hairs in focus... and this is without sharpening ???

I feel I am back on form?!... (y)(y)(y)

Excellent !!! And about bloody time too :p

..erm..can i just add quickly.... i took the eye using the tether method, setting Live mode on the laptop controls, so i could see where my eye was... but to get enough light on me, i had a 400W lamp blinding me.. :D ... now... i look at it and think how much focus i had getting small detail like hairs in focus... and this is without sharpening ???

Thanks for the details .(y) So now that you have been blinded by 400W does that mean I might stand a chance of doing better than you next week? :razz: :LOL:

Well done!

Cheers

Excellent !!! And about bloody time too :p

Thanks for the details .(y) So now that you have been blinded by 400W does that mean I might stand a chance of doing better than you next week? :razz: :LOL:

Well done!

Cheers

OMG girl... another gauntlet... do i have that sort of face :bang:

wait for the third image .. if i get it done... but roll on saturday night... i'll be PM'ing Sarah asking where i can forward the magnum of champs just so i can find out the theme early... :razz: :razz: :razz:

:LOL:

OMG girl... another gauntlet... do i have that sort of face :bang:

wait for the third image .. if i get it done... but roll on saturday night... i'll be PM'ing Sarah asking where i can forward the magnum of champs just so i can find out the theme early... :razz: :razz: :razz:

:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: ..... what sort of face :thinking:

I am waiting patiently now for the 3rd image ..... tick tock, tick tock :p

As for bribes .... well we will see how far you get with that one :p

Cheers

D :)

..well.. here we go again.. i couldn't resist the urge... the urge to post yet another...

..i also resisted the urge to take the image too far..i hope no'one thinks i have... i am pleased with the result (y)

Welcome back Kev; I thought we'd lost you there!

I gave myself the handle of MentalBlock as this is what I usually have when trying to think/ snap out side of the box. Clearly, you don't have this problem (I'm over looking your 3 previous weeks) when you look at your first shot.

A close up shot of the eye is one thing, the selective colour is another, using a cats eye and having a reflection of a face in it; well that’s just excellent imagination. The image is well supported by your PP skills too. However, and this is ooober picky, the orientation of your face doesn't quite match the angle that the eye is looking at, or at least IMHO. But, they do say your should never work with animals!

The bunker shot, I must be missing something her as it just looks like a shot of a bunker!

Your third picture is nice and moody, but I feel that there is too much darkness in the lower right corner, but that could be my works monitor – I’ll look again when I get home.

Come on Saturday!

neil,

thanks again for the nudge to push myself... and thats what these three are about..

yes, that is actually the cat's left eye..and obviously my right.. so it is off...

the bunker is an object of the past... a relic.. a memorial preserved in the fens as a reminder... i love the way i have been able to bring the texture of the concrete out... i letterboxed it to mimic the slots in the walls..

..and the house... yes.. the bottom right too looks dark on this monitor..yet at home i can clearly see the trees and flowers, albeit they are in heavy shade... i passed this derelict house the other day, and thought it would make a good challenge as down a lane... the idea behind it being an object of safety yet a symbol of ppls fears on dark nights.. but the warm glow of the door way might draw the weary stranger in...

suddenly i feel this week have turned into the beginning of a 365 than a 52.. omg where could it lead..???

Kev

Hi Kev

just been having a quick nosey round your thread , some great shots in here (y)

Can't add anything to whats already said just :clap:

...i couldn't resist another ... you're welcome to ..'object'...

I've driven past these old bridge support pillars for years and never noticed the beauty in their detail... now i have a camera..i can capture them in their glory during the closing of the day

Hiya Kev,

Wow you have been on a roll again.

I like the last two images you posted, the house looks quite eerie and goes with the original image you posted.

Hope you don't mind but I had a quick go at editing them. They needed a slight straighten, especially the last one. Then I just did a bit of a sharpen and brought some blue sky out in the last one. Finishing them off with a frame.

Let me know if you want to delete them.

Cheers

5601534438_00470cde82_b by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr

5601646462_fb5f1a4d71_z.jpg
[/url] Kev's House by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Dawn..you're more than welcome to post these images.. love what you did to the house.. 'dead' eerie.. :D ...

i can see what you mean about the framing... though i do prefer my original warm colouring of the supports, although yes slight in need of straightening.. i must have been sinking in the mud at that point. :D .. i might try to frame more of my images.. i think the letterboxing of the pill box is enough, but a full frame like you do..thats class.. love the idea.. thanks :)

Dawn..you're more than welcome to post these images.. love what you did to the house.. 'dead' eerie.. :D ...

i can see what you mean about the framing... though i do prefer my original warm colouring of the supports, although yes slight in need of straightening.. i must have been sinking in the mud at that point. :D .. i might try to frame more of my images.. i think the letterboxing of the pill box is enough, but a full frame like you do..thats class.. love the idea.. thanks :)

Hiya Kev,

Thanks, glad you like the house. As soon as I saw your photo I had this idea for it :D

I agree about your warm colouring of the supports, but I just couldn't seem to maintain that whilst trying to bring back the blue in the sky :shrug:.

The letterboxing of the pill box works well for that image, but I find that the framing style doesn't work for all images. Thanks for your comments about the framing too.

Cheers

Hiya Kev, I really like your last 2 photos, the bridge supports are lovely, really like the warmth of the image. That house is spooky. I also like Dawn's edit of the house as well. I have wanted to do some extras but not had the chance!

thanks michael, to be honest..i just suddenly got on a roll... i just hope it isn't addicitve as i think it might be...i'll be exhausted by the royal wedding.!! :eek:

...and Dawn's re-edits are good aren't they...and those frames.. :naughty:

Hiya Kev, I really like your last 2 photos, the bridge supports are lovely, really like the warmth of the image. That house is spooky. I also like Dawn's edit of the house as well. I have wanted to do some extras but not had the chance!

Thanks for the comment Michael :)

thanks michael, to be honest..i just suddenly got on a roll... i just hope it isn't addicitve as i think it might be...i'll be exhausted by the royal wedding.!! :eek:

...and Dawn's re-edits are good aren't they...and those frames.. :naughty:

:D thanks Kev

Sorry hi-jacking your thread here, but had to say thanks (call it team work) :p

Hi Kev

those bridge supports are wonderful Objects...love the colors you've caught in them, makes them look warm(y) Like Dawn's frames for them but prefer your original coloring maybe with a bit of blue sky (y)

thaanks lynne...though as dawn says...team work.. :D .. though you did like mine better.. :naughty: i am sooo naughty :razz:

i think the supports were timing as well.. i went home and waited for the sun to lower some more before going back, guess its like any landscapes (ie relying on natural light) photography.. the better definitions come early or late in the day..though saying THAT.. the images i'm working on right now were taken this morning in high sun... yet i had to use flash.. :bonk:

...yes its saturday.. yes..another theme will be due out... but i have the bug.. i need another fix.. i need to upload another object...

..what?.. did you hear that..?? there's something down there.. in the dark...its getting..closer!!! ... :cautious:

thaanks lynne...though as dawn says...team work.. :D .. though you did like mine better.. :naughty: i am sooo naughty :razz:

i think the supports were timing as well.. i went home and waited for the sun to lower some more before going back, guess its like any landscapes (ie relying on natural light) photography.. the better definitions come early or late in the day..though saying THAT.. the images i'm working on right now were taken this morning in high sun... yet i had to use flash.. :bonk:

:LOL: As you say 'team work' ;) I did try to bring back the sky without losing the lovely colour in the original, but unfortunately am not skilled enough with post processing to do that..... so if anyone has any suggestions of how to do that, please let us know.

Kev, I know what you mean .... I met up with Just Dave (from TP) today and he taught me a trick regards using flash in daylight, which I hope has worked (I still have to check the photos), but indeed it made life a lot easier, especially with subject, i.e., flowers moving in a slight breeze. The sun was glorious, but at times a bit too harsh for photography.

Roll on the new theme, hopefully SarahLee doesn't have internet connections problems again tonight, otherwise I will go :wacky: if I have to wait till tomorrow.

I've already over-exerted myself this week after having posted my week 14 so early in the week and am not dying to know what the new theme is :LOL:

Cheers

...yes its saturday.. yes..another theme will be due out... but i have the bug.. i need another fix.. i need to upload another object...

..what?.. did you hear that..?? there's something down there.. in the dark...its getting..closer!!! ... :cautious:

Now Kev,

This is my sort of photo .... I :love: this image. The mystery, contours and colours really appeal to me. When I look at it I want to shout out something and wait for the echo to return :LOL:

Absolutely brilliant .... and indeed you are on a mission lately (wouldn't have anything to do with feeling guilty about your previous 3 weeks :naughty:)

Glad to see you are back on track and producing some brilliant shots.

Cheers

Now Kev,

This is my sort of photo .... I :love: this image. The mystery, contours and colours really appeal to me. When I look at it I want to shout out something and wait for the echo to return :LOL:

Absolutely brilliant .... and indeed you are on a mission lately (wouldn't have anything to do with feeling guilty about your previous 3 weeks :naughty:)

Glad to see you are back on track and producing some brilliant shots.

Cheers

awe ..*** dawn... glad you liked it.. this is in fact a ped walkway under a road bridge..but i might..might have altered it slightly.. :naughty: ..

..er..no guilt here girl!!.. the vet said i got bite by a big bug!! .. something latin.. shutteous bugle or something... :bonk:

thinking about what you said about flash in daylight... i guess mine wasn't quite IN the daylight.. oops ..

oh no... looking at it again.. all it needs is a chalk outline... sort of ..where the X is..??

is the image playing with any1's eyes.. when you look into the distance along the curve of the roof..does it.. pulsate??.. throb? .. whats the word.. glow very slightly... oh NO WHAT HAVE I CREATED!!!

oh no... looking at it again.. all it needs is a chalk outline... sort of ..where the X is..??

is the image playing with any1's eyes.. when you look into the distance along the curve of the roof..does it.. pulsate??.. throb? .. whats the word.. glow very slightly... oh NO WHAT HAVE I CREATED!!!

OMG Kev, now I am convinced you are on another planet :LOL:

Now that you mention it .... the tunnel does 'pulsate' .... as for the chalk line by the 'X' :cautious: .... something you not telling us here? :razz:

Perhaps that cat's eye has been busy :exit:

Cheers

see... you see it too... that tunnel.. there was something in it...

like the pill box i posted... i stuck my head in there.. but a bundle of rags moved... and so did i...!!!

hope the next theme is 'rectangle' ... :D

see... you see it too... that tunnel.. there was something in it...

like the pill box i posted... i stuck my head in there.. but a bundle of rags moved... and so did i...!!!

hope the next theme is 'rectangle' ... :D

:thinking: and hoping that the next weeks theme is more like a 'teddy bears tea party'

:help:

Cheers

Dawn :LOL:

Back