SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

:LOL: .. crappy keyboard missing w's now i'm misseplling things.. :D.. you're just getting me back for the red wine ..(y)

Excuses, excuses I tell you. Anyway, what red wine are you on about?

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!! ... and i'm certain there were some out there that thought that the old robohunter wouldn't get his mark this week.>!!!! ... but i have...

The first is an Ibis...gorgeous colour taken @400mm through wire mesh and whilst it was in the bath... how rude am i... though i did pass it a towel for modesty..:naughty:

and my second (which was going to be my first) ... is a parrot..Malcolm so the Storks next door told me, but they have been know to tell porky pies quite often...taken @400mm again through a narrow V in a pecked out wall

Both photos were taken at Hamerton Zoo park in Sawtry, Cambs. I am going to post some more photos taken today in the Wildlife section. Anyone visiting the area should pay them a visit

http://hamertonzoopark.com/

reasonable price considering my daughter and I spent over three hours walking round... i even let her practise on with my 40D (+ 70-200 so she could get close). For a first timer she came away with some smashing shots, i'll have to ask her technique :cautious: ...

Hi Kev, Although I love though colours in both your Tropical shots, No1 is the one for me- purely for having more overall detail. Just looked back and saw your Raven for paradox, great pp - it really works and adds to the whole idea of the Paradox - Nice work

Hi Kev, Although I love though colours in both your Tropical shots, No1 is the one for me- purely for having more overall detail. Just looked back and saw your Raven for paradox, great pp - it really works and adds to the whole idea of the Paradox - Nice work

thanks martin...for a moment there i didn't think anyone was interested in the my 52... but id have soldiered on regardless... :D

i too love the raven.. well hey i love all my photos so far (except maybe 1 or 2..no weeks mentioned :D) .. but he was a pesky critter and wouldn't play ball!!...and face it..he's black..so B&W was really the only option..

Hiya Kev,

Great shots for the Tropical theme .... just in time too :D

Love the colours and detail in both. Only crit on the first is I'm not sure the frame works and I would probably crop off he bottom (which would mean losing the birds leg).

Now with the second, who is spying on who? :D (Love this one (y))

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Kev,

Great shots for the Tropical theme .... just in time too :D

Love the colours and detail in both. Only crit on the first is I'm not sure the frame works and I would probably crop off he bottom (which would mean losing the birds leg).

Now with the second, who is spying on who? :D (Love this one (y))

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Ha-low mon amei... i feel i wanted to convey the feeling of voyuerism with the bird in the bath .. ;)

i think the parrot was sizing me up for dinner... but he stayed at the back of the cage so no real decent shot except through a tight opening him or another bird had pecked

:)

Kev

Hi Kev

Your Ibis shot is just beautiful , considering you shot through mesh it's come out spot on , great color & detail in the feathers (y)

Hi Kev

Your Ibis shot is just beautiful , considering you shot through mesh it's come out spot on , great color & detail in the feathers (y)

thanks Lynne... i think it demonstrated to me...the further the subject is away from the mesh..and I too away from said mesh then it becomes insignificant to the camera...

:)

And i thought i wouldn't make this weeks theme...but.. for a first timer (i think??) at INTO the sunset shots... i feel this came out pretty good...could have improved if maybe i had a grad ND filter..but things you think about afterwards..

Now..what is it?.. Well seeings as the immediate thought was Electricity, pylons and the like..i went for something different... gas!! Helped along in my thinking by the humble baked beans on toast...

So..here is... the Petereborough ( gas powered) Power Station

Yes.. i immediately see that the sky is blown..but i wanted to keep this often rejected feature... to add to the immense power .. nee heat being generated here... I could easily have reversed the camera and taken Wind turbines... but i wanted to aim into the sun. At the same time retaining an element of detail in the twin towers.

C&C on this weeks theme welcome.... though maybe i'll still post the Wind Turbine ... another inspiring thought helped by the humble bean... :D

Really like your Raven Paradox shot, love the black and white conversion too. Love the Ibis, lovely colours.

thanks michael... i was slightly annoyed it kept bouncing away from me .. like birds do.. giving me the backward look only briefly to see if i was still there..

(y)

Hiya Kev,

Wow that is quite a powerful photo, well done :clap:

I agree with you about the sky adding to the power of the plant and although it looks a bit hazy, I suppose that adds to the 'gas' (hopefully not yours since you mentioned baked beans :LOL:)

You've also done well shooting into the sun like that, I've tried this before and it can be quite taxing on the eyes.

It would be interesting to see another photo of this taken in the winter months, which would make it look quite bleak I suspect, and would add a total different feel to the image.

Well done though, and well spotted (well how could you miss that on :D)

Hey and come on, get that wind turbine pic posted.

Cheers

Hiya Kev,

It would be interesting to see another photo of this taken in the winter months, which would make it look quite bleak I suspect, and would add a total different feel to the image.

that would be an awesome idea... i admit i drove around the site for ages, getting out thinking of angles..i'm sure the police thought it odd... then thought i'd go for a long shot across a field... (y)

abd..yeah ..i might post the turbine tonight... as my take 2

Just had a look through some of your 52 and it gave me a few smiles, especially your photos of wrong! The ibis in the bath should probably go in nudes and glamour cause its stunning. I did a 52 last year and seeing yours reminded me how much fun I had.Keep it up

Here is my initial idea for divided... this spiral staircase divided the road/ped bridge above from the ped area below.

Check out my flickr for more shots from Cologne and other places we visit on our Eurovision 2011 adventure...

Here is my initial idea for divided... this spiral staircase divided the road/ped bridge above from the ped area below.

Check out my flickr for more shots from Cologne and other places we visit on our Eurovision 2011 adventure...

Hiya Kev,

Wow that is great, love the shape, colours, bit of graffiti on the centre column and the bicycle to the right.

Have a fantastic time .... and I will be watching for you on TV, waving that Union Jack for us :LOL:

Going to look at more of your pics .... keep them coming.

Cheers

Have a fantastic time .... and I will be watching for you on TV, waving that Union Jack for us :LOL:

Hey...somebody has to be there to cheer on our brave Blue boys!!! :LOL:

Seeing rehearsals of ireland...YEAH!! the JEDWARD.. we have nothing to worry about...ok..i'll eat humble if europe likes the pop boppers... :puke: catchy song but watch youtube for the jedward - 10 years from now video... lol!!! :naughty:

Hey...somebody has to be there to cheer on our brave Blue boys!!! :LOL:

Seeing rehearsals of ireland...YEAH!! the JEDWARD.. we have nothing to worry about...ok..i'll eat humble if europe likes the pop boppers... :puke: catchy song but watch youtube for the jedward - 10 years from now video... lol!!! :naughty:

Hey nothing wrong with being patriotic .... you cheer our nation on (y)

Have a good one .... oh yes and have an ale or two for us (not that I drink beer, but in Germany I do :LOL:)

Cheers

Hi kev,

Im going to be critical with ** devided shot if u dont mind... I think the crop is too tight. You sort of have to look quite hard at thephoto to see what it is because of this. Secondly i think there are beter interpretations of the theme out there... Says me who has not posted a pic... Im sure on your travels you could find better devision!

Dont get me wrong i like the shot and technically its good focus wise. Lighting is great. Why not try overprocessing it to give a more urban gritty feel!

ANDY!!!...and the addiction i have to your 365 of costa!!!... :D

Actually Kev, it is 100 days of Costa (Andy is Costa'd out :LOL:) and I don't blame him. He has done a sterling job on his project, only 3 days to go.

Cheers

:D

OK:

Week 01 : nice warm glow - I visit that place often! O wonder what a frontal photograpgh would have looked like?
Week 02 : Hmm, looks like it's been photographed through a spy hole or a
marble, nice experimenation
Week 03 : new one on me. Nice colour on the RH side, I'd like to see more tree, though
Week 04 : #1 Like this one, especially the processing - looks like a polaroid.
Week 05 : I once bought about 10 of these, painted one which took an age then gave up. Nice bright detail with, what looks like a very shallow dof
Week 06 : what green box - I do hope that's wine...:LOL:
Week 07 : :LOL:, really like that you've not added a border as your post empasises the seperation
Week 08 : I'm sensing a theme here...nice angle, detail and gotta love the crocs!
Week 09 : superb catch
Week 10 : I expected one of these. You actualy look very dofferent in each on...watcha watching...:naughty:
Week 11 : like the border, bit close thought and blown out? (at least on my laptop)
Week 12 : nice follow on and that box again!!
Week 13 : nice and simples....often the best
Week 14 : #1 very well processed and a bit spooky - nice clarity - I'd like to see b&e eyelashes, though
Week 15 : #2, better than I've done and an unusual placement
Week 16 : I Am The Law.....can't beat a bit of Dread and well fits the theme
Week 17 : #2, I saw an image like that a while ago, really draws the attention in.
Week 18 : unfortunate lighting conditions, sky's blown and not much detail in the foreground. Bushed blocking views - I'd like to see one station in isolation
Week 19 : I looked at this one first and really like it. I like the colour and close crop.

Apologies if I appear the be giving loads of quick platitudes but I have a plate of rotting fruit I need to deal with...all will be revealed in my 52!!

Cheers and thanks for your comments on my Costa Project...(y)

:D

OK:

Week 01 : nice warm glow - I visit that place often! O wonder what a frontal photograpgh would have looked like?
Week 02 : Hmm, looks like it's been photographed through a spy hole or a
marble, nice experimenation
Week 03 : new one on me. Nice colour on the RH side, I'd like to see more tree, though
Week 04 : #1 Like this one, especially the processing - looks like a polaroid.
Week 05 : I once bought about 10 of these, painted one which took an age then gave up. Nice bright detail with, what looks like a very shallow dof
Week 06 : what green box - I do hope that's wine...:LOL:
Week 07 : :LOL:, really like that you've not added a border as your post empasises the seperation
Week 08 : I'm sensing a theme here...nice angle, detail and gotta love the crocs!
Week 09 : superb catch
Week 10 : I expected one of these. You actualy look very dofferent in each on...watcha watching...:naughty:
Week 11 : like the border, bit close thought and blown out? (at least on my laptop)
Week 12 : nice follow on and that box again!!
Week 13 : nice and simples....often the best
Week 14 : #1 very well processed and a bit spooky - nice clarity - I'd like to see b&e eyelashes, though
Week 15 : #2, better than I've done and an unusual placement
Week 16 : I Am The Law.....can't beat a bit of Dread and well fits the theme
Week 17 : #2, I saw an image like that a while ago, really draws the attention in.
Week 18 : unfortunate lighting conditions, sky's blown and not much detail in the foreground. Bushed blocking views - I'd like to see one station in isolation
Week 19 : I looked at this one first and really like it. I like the colour and close crop.

Apologies if I appear the be giving loads of quick platitudes but I have a plate of rotting fruit I need to deal with...all will be revealed in my 52!!

Cheers and thanks for your comments on my Costa Project...(y)

thanks for all of this Andy...now i just have to remember (or go back to each) pic and relate what you're saying about them... (y)

great pic for divided, lovely composition, and colours, really really like this one

first shot for tropical the winner for me, crazy colour that bird!

I'll go against the other comments regarding the crop being too tight. The way the crop is actually divides the photo more and fits the theme better for it.

great pic for divided, lovely composition, and colours, really really like this one

first shot for tropical the winner for me, crazy colour that bird!

thanks fleur.. hand held and at night for the staircase so i tried my best i felt..

..the bird is a crazy colour (y)

I'll go against the other comments regarding the crop being too tight. The way the crop is actually divides the photo more and fits the theme better for it.

colin... thanks i was starting to look at doing the image again.. but each to their own i now feel...many thanks

(y)

Back