SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

A hush filled the room as the Princess entered, her maids in tow.

The crowd parted, the deafening silence resonating, revealed the handsome young Count, a wallflower by trade, party animal by night.

Their eyes met, and both knew that sparks would fly tonight....and all that would be left in the morning would be mere ashes of their forbidden lust....

.....any c+c welcome... :naughty:

Awesome :D That is an excellent shot kev, great composition and lighting. If anything, I would balance the light on both sides rather than the left being darker than the right. That said though, it doesn't lead your eye away from those delightful models of yours :D

thanks michael, i can see ** point about the lighting...though capturing the moment was more my aim... the models did have a habit of moving around... (y)

Hiya Kev,

O M G !!!!

WOW!!! You have totally surprised me with this one ... and I absolutely love it!!!

And for me .... this has to be the best so far (even though many have not posted to this theme yet .... I think this is going to take some beating).

Who would have known you were such a romantic .... I'm in :love: :LOL:

I love how you have re-introduced the 'green' box .... and a new bright and cheerful one .... this is the start of a true romance .... I can't wait to see it blossom ;)

It almost has a 'Romeo & Juliet' feel to it, and at the same time the sense of chess (but in good play .... with a bit of strategy).

And the words that you added .... well they just made my heart skip a beat :)

There are perhaps a few minor things I would maybe have changed composition-wise ... I may be wrong ... but hope you don't mind I have downloaded the image to see if I can put my thoughts into practice ... don't worry they aren't anything too drastic and I won't post same here, but will send to you via PM to see how you feel about them.

Personally, I think you have done a sterling job here and it is obvious you have given this much thought and spent a lot of time preparing the props so (y) to you.

To be honest .... I am actually in awe of this ... it is such an original and creative take on the theme ..... Well Done!

Luv

Dawn x

Last edited:
OOOOffff, now that's a cracking idea. Massive (y) for the hard work, idea, application and your box making skills.

My only real issue is with the crop, I did a square crop and this focused attention on the lovers....

Nice one and I hope you recycle....:D

Hiya Kev,

O M G !!!!

WOW!!! You have totally surprised me with this one ... and I absolutely love it!!!

And for me .... this has to be the best so far (even though many have not posted to this theme yet .... I think this is going to take some beating).

Who would have known you were such a romantic .... I'm in :love: :LOL:

I love how you have re-introduced the 'green' box .... and a new bright and cheerful one .... this is the start of a true romance .... I can't wait to see it blossom ;)

It almost has a 'Romeo & Juliet' feel to it, and at the same time the sense of chess (but in good play .... with a bit of strategy).

And the words that you added .... well they just made my heart skip a beat :)

There are perhaps a few minor things I would maybe have changed composition-wise ... I may be wrong ... but hope you don't mind I have downloaded the image to see if I can put my thoughts into practice ... don't worry they aren't anything too drastic and I won't post same here, but will send to you via PM to see how you feel about them.

Personally, I think you have done a sterling job here and it is obvious you have given this much thought and spent a lot of time preparing the props so (y) to you.

To be honest .... I am actually in awe of this ... it is such an original and creative take on the theme ..... Well Done!

Luv

Dawn x

how on earth can i respond to this???? even my own parents AND daughter couldn't see what i was aiming for here...

BUT DAWN!!!...sees it straight away!!.. :clap: .or does she..???

i await your PM

OOOOffff, now that's a cracking idea. Massive (y) for the hard work, idea, application and your box making skills.

My only real issue is with the crop, I did a square crop and this focused attention on the lovers....

Nice one and I hope you recycle....:D

mmmm... andy..i feel i needed the emphasis to be on the 'crowd'..hence the landscape.... but i can see where you come from ... (y)

If only there was 9 months of this 52 left, god knows what we'd see.
Hang on, what is the gestation period of a female cube?

Nice idea Kev.
Not sure I like the venue they picked.
Plus, I know cubes are a bit square, but the guests are all dressed a little boring.

neil...excuse the pun.... think a little outside of the box.. :naughty:

..for the public at large.... i won't give away my thinking behind my work...just yet

5885469481_b05052fd75_z.jpg

With the station surrounded by her armed guards, the Count resorted to dressing as a Conductor in order to see the Princess one last time...

She always knew he was from the wrong side of the tracks...

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

OMG I am going to need a box of tissues :crying:

I love this .... once again

You are on a roll here!

Dx

5885469373_6e2f878b41_z.jpg

The Princess would wait by the letterbox every morning, hoping for news from the Count...

Last edited:
5886036006_4cc0607148_z.jpg

....They were both just glad they'd escaped the sinking boat in time, now all they had to do was wait til they dried out in the sun...

Hiya Kev,

OMG you are really enjoying this one ... and well done to you .... this is BRILLIANT :clap:

I think there are many who are going to have a tough time trying to reach this standard for this week (me included!)

They are all so fantastic because they all add to the story ... but for me, from a personal perspective I have to love 'take 3' :D

Although they all make my heart skip a beat and I can't wait for the next to see what happens to them ;)

So now I know what you have been up to all day and why I have not heard from you :p

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Kev,

OMG you are really enjoying this one ... and well done to you .... this is BRILLIANT :clap:

I think there are many who are going to have a tough time trying to reach this standard for this week (me included!)

They are all so fantastic because they all add to the story ... but for me, from a personal perspective I have to love 'take 3' :D

Although they all make my heart skip a beat and I can't wait for the next to see what happens to them ;)

So now I know what you have been up to all day and why I have not heard from you :p

Cheers

i will have to say Dawn i haven't got a favourite, the ideas simply flowed one after another... i can see why take 3 was personal to you. I'm glad you saw the message for what it was.

anyway...i've got to get on with my POTY...else i'll miss out this month.. (y)

Last edited:
Kev, Kev, Kev, you and Dawn are going to be sent to the naughty room.....either that or we're going to track you both down and "'ave a word".

You're putting us, or at least me, to shame :bat:

I won't comment on the all...I have't got all day...;)

Take 2, brilliant idea and well executed. Bit wonky?. Is that her dad in the background??

Take 3, OMG, great idea, again. Great DOF choice. Minor point about the bright bit lower left and I could do without the red and white sign, but I guess it was there and a crop would spoil the photograph.

Take 4, I'm running out of adjectives. Great idea you romantic fool....:D

Take 5, this is like reading a book, I really like the storyline.

Take 6, :police::police::eek: wow, you're dedicated. Great perspective and like the idea. If you had time perhaps something to tie 'her' down??

Take 7, I foresee a happy ending....:clap: again, nice composition and depth. A little tight on the RH.

Take 8, :(it keeps getting better. Nice romantic feel and nice storyline. Just the wonly horizon - you weren't drunk while you took these...;)

Take 9, one of my favorites. Nice and simple with a super romantic sunset. Horizon's just about on with this one.

Take 10, bloody hope you're not going to leave us dangling.....great finish.

Anyway, I did comment on all 10, but not doing so wouldn't do justice to the obvious effort you put into these.

Cheers and where's my bat again....:bat:

Kev, Kev, Kev, you and Dawn are going to be sent to the naughty room.....either that or we're going to track you both down and "'ave a word".

You're putting us, or at least me, to shame :bat:

I won't comment on the all...I have't got all day...;)

Take 2, brilliant idea and well executed. Bit wonky?. Is that her dad in the background??

Take 3, OMG, great idea, again. Great DOF choice. Minor point about the bright bit lower left and I could do without the red and white sign, but I guess it was there and a crop would spoil the photograph.

Take 4, I'm running out of adjectives. Great idea you romantic fool....:D

Take 5, this is like reading a book, I really like the storyline.

Take 6, :police::police::eek: wow, you're dedicated. Great perspective and like the idea. If you had time perhaps something to tie 'her' down??

Take 7, I foresee a happy ending....:clap: again, nice composition and depth. A little tight on the RH.

Take 8, :(it keeps getting better. Nice romantic feel and nice storyline. Just the wonly horizon - you weren't drunk while you took these...;)

Take 9, one of my favorites. Nice and simple with a super romantic sunset. Horizon's just about on with this one.

Take 10, bloody hope you're not going to leave us dangling.....great finish.

Anyway, I did comment on all 10, but not doing so wouldn't do justice to the obvious effort you put into these.

Cheers and where's my bat again....:bat:

thanks for these great comments Andy, all really appreciated...

1) no i wasn't drunk except intoxicated on creativity wondering where my next fix was coming from

2) number 8 was wonky as i was more worried about the circles...

3) didn't even see her dad in the background LOL!!

4) take 6 was a railway track..so didn't want to spend too much time ON THE TRACK... lol!! .. guess i should of..but then that would spoil the assuming nature of my work...

on the whole thanks for such an in depth critique, i'll try harder on the horizons :clap:

Hiya Kev, this one has to be my favourite out of them all! This is an excellent series and a big well done for getting these done, These adventures need documenting in a little movie with some romantic music. (y)

do not even TEMPT me michael..i've been looking for a new project of stop motion...and this would be madness... but so much fun...

BUT...without spoiling the next parts... there isn't always happy endings to all love stories...

A day out ay Nene Valley then.

Love the images Kev.

Also like your POTY, more original than my effort, which I sort of stumbled on to!

it was the Ferry Meadows stretch of the line.... some railway guy must have thought i was mad...so did a few people as i moved around the different locations..

thanks for the POTY...but yours is good..seriously good... i'll not even touch that sort of thing yet , you'll be getting my vote.. (y)

it was the Ferry Meadows stretch of the line.... some railway guy must have thought i was mad...so did a few people as i moved around the different locations..

thanks for the POTY...but yours is good..seriously good... i'll not even touch that sort of thing yet , you'll be getting my vote.. (y)

Stayed in the motorhome at Ferry Meadows last year.
It's a great place for cycling and walking with the children.
Defo going back some stage, may be this October half term.

Thanks for the POTY comments.
I feel better about voting for you now I know you're voting for me!
There are some good shots in the POTY, which why a voted on several, it's addictive seeing where you're coming in the vote. I'll have to get my thinking cap on for this month.

Stayed in the motorhome at Ferry Meadows last year.
It's a great place for cycling and walking with the children.
Defo going back some stage, may be this October half term..

let me know if and when...and i'll leave some boxes lying around to freak you out..... they're coming to get you .... ooooo :naughty:

Thanks for the POTY comments.
I feel better about voting for you now I know you're voting for me!
There are some good shots in the POTY, which why a voted on several, it's addictive seeing where you're coming in the vote. I'll have to get my thinking cap on for this month.

i wasn't overly convinced by a number of them, i flunked on last months topic...so focused... yet some seemed to think holding a camera consisted the theme... (excuse me if you are one .. :D IMHO) ... so i'll be reviewing them shortly..once i've decyphered a cryptic code i got from the dawn-meister earlier... :cautious:

i wasn't overly convinced by a number of them, i flunked on last months topic...so focused... yet some seemed to think holding a camera consisted the theme... (excuse me if you are one .. :D IMHO) ... so i'll be reviewing them shortly..once i've decyphered a cryptic code i got from the dawn-meister earlier... :cautious:

There is one shot that I love, which is doing well, but I fail to see how it links to the theme.

Just checked my votes and I'm joint second, god knows how, but I'm finding it very addictive and a bit of a buzz to think people like what I've done.
It's similar to the 52 when you get good C&C, but the voting bit really adds to the excitement.

I've got my thinking cap on for July.
June was my first entry so I doubt I'll be winning the end of year prize.

I really loved the thought behind your POTY and the water splashes.

As for Dawn, well she's a star, but I'm becoming more and more worried about her.
It was only two weeks back she was saying how shy she was in front of the camera and now she's posting pictures of her legs!!

There is one shot that I love, which is doing well, but I fail to see how it links to the theme.

Just checked my votes and I'm joint second, god knows how, but I'm finding it very addictive and a bit of a buzz to think people like what I've done.
It's similar to the 52 when you get good C&C, but the voting bit really adds to the excitement.

I've got my thinking cap on for July.
June was my first entry so I doubt I'll be winning the end of year prize.

I really loved the thought behind your POTY and the water splashes.

thanks neil....about noticing the splashes..i didn't know if they stood out enough...

i promised june would be my last entry, i'm not getting my boxes wet for just any old shot...and i put THAT in the discussion thread!! they have contracts now :rules: ... next stop hollywood no doubt... delusion is wasted on the young things...

i saw the POTY just as another challenge... but when you don't see your votes change from day to day... its not that addictive..BUT its the participation that i go for..to rub shoulders with the big guns...to return next month still feeling equal, because i entered... still not getting my box wet though

i think multiple votes don't help, bit like the alternative voting system??? :wacky:

As for Dawn, well she's a star, but I'm becoming more and more worried about her.
It was only two weeks back she was saying how shy she was in front of the camera and now she's posting pictures of her legs!!

yep...what will next weeks theme bring out in her??? :naughty: ... think i need a cold shower... its far too early to be awake...and the car needs a good polish and buffing up :naughty:

Last edited:
...and to everyone...thanks for all your comments... the boxes are here to stay, and i intend to expose them more to the outside forum at large ... the story will go on (1 P52 did have her reservation ... suite number 16, third floor madam.... :naughty: )

:clap:(y)

<snip>..once i've decyphered a cryptic code i got from the dawn-meister earlier... :cautious:<snip>

Not sure what you are on about .... :cautious: Oh and I see I'm the 'dawn-meister' now :LOL:

<snip> As for Dawn, well she's a star, but I'm becoming more and more worried about her.
It was only two weeks back she was saying how shy she was in front of the camera and now she's posting pictures of her legs!!<snip>

Awww thanks Neil for your compliment and concern ... I guess this Photo52 is not only helping me improve my photography, but my self-confidence too :D Don't worry ... I don't intend to take any more photos of myself too soon .... that is unless it is required for another theme :naughty:

<snip> yep...what will next weeks theme bring out in her??? :naughty: ... think i need a cold shower... its far too early to be awake...and the car needs a good polish and buffing up :naughty: <snip>

Well as you may already know ... Week 27 has been announced ... and no I do not intend to elaborate on last week's theme ..... although :thinking: .... I guess I could go a bit more elaborate .... you will have to wait and see :naughty:

Cheers

Back