SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Hi Kev

my word you & your boxes have been busy ! Great settings for all the shots , the colors really pop & the DOF is just bang on & love the story line you have come up with....get it licensed quick...before someone steals it away (y)

5913456540_bddcb7b34a_z.jpg

From then on their love blossomed, spending days on end walking through his estate. Stopping briefly on the bridges to feed the geese....

5912895103_dd4775573f_z.jpg

They'd been out in the tall grass watching the migration of Woolly Mammoths, when the news came over the wireless of the outbreak of War in the East. From that point on, they both sat in silence simply holding the others hand, knowing that the inevitable was to come....

hi all.. i'm going to include updates of the Baox Saga in my challenge... as it looks like i wasn't original in my creativity....and even had my words twisted. (y) for stopping by...

Hiya Kev

Two more great photos added to the saga (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

All these Nene Valley pics are reminding me of a great holiday we had there last year.
Didn't see any red or green cubes though!

thats *** you weren't looking hard enough! .. :bonk: they are all around us...we just don't look hard enough....

..and i'm seriously going to have to change locations!!! ...

5919290069_4dc544dbf8_z.jpg

Well.. i have to submit this as my SOOC shot.. my 50 came through the post this very morning and i felt i wanted to road test it immediately and this shot i was very pleased with its performance for me. I love the way the cart seems to pop away of the background...

The parade this year was a disappoint and i wished there were more floats etc like previous years... but this one brought up the rear so i spent some time getting a few shots of it.

And as for SOOC, i :clap: myself...

Hi Kev,

Glad that you're enjoying your new toy (y)
And for SOCC I'm suitably impressed with the quality too.
You may say that the parade was a disappointment, but that cart looks impressive just by itself. Good vibrant colours and interesting decoration.

The artistic part of me would have liked an even narrower DoF to blur more of the b/g - but as a reportage style shot I like the sense of place and context that the extra detail gives without it being too intrusive.

p.s. I promised myself that when I popped into these threads that I'd only comment on last week's. I'm so far behind with these that I'd be here all night if I tried a catch up!
However, your shots for sensual are superb !!!
One of the simplest yet most creative ideas that I've seen on here.

Hi Kev,

Glad that you're enjoying your new toy (y)
And for SOCC I'm suitably impressed with the quality too.
You may say that the parade was a disappointment, but that cart looks impressive just by itself. Good vibrant colours and interesting decoration.

The artistic part of me would have liked an even narrower DoF to blur more of the b/g - but as a reportage style shot I like the sense of place and context that the extra detail gives without it being too intrusive..

comments duly noted and i can see what you mean about the DOF..but also the how the BG doesn't intrued tooo much... :clap:

p.s. I promised myself that when I popped into these threads that I'd only comment on last week's. I'm so far behind with these that I'd be here all night if I tried a catch up!
However, your shots for sensual are superb !!!
One of the simplest yet most creative ideas that I've seen on here.

...[ahem]... [straightens bow tie]... [smarms hair back] ...why thank you sarah.. the boxes have been complimented very highly on here, i'll pass on your praise to them...please do check back as the story is developing over the coming days.. (y)

I set myself a challenge today... to take the majority of my shots up close and personal...well as close as i dare knowing my inter personal skills...

but after seeing a couple of street photography videos i thought i'd give it a whirl... so armed with kit comprising of a 40D loaded with a nifty fifty and a 7D paired with a 100-400 i set out for the parade ...

not used to the 50 as only arrived today and BOY prime lenses!!! where's the zoom on them .. :LOL: ..so i mainly stuck to the 7D to get the close up shots.... this is where the challenge comes in... to work myself down to the 50, because that will mean i have to be in their face, but to move on hastily having got the shot... the essence of street as far as i can see..

so .. in true Leon (the film by luc besson) ... i started from a distance, and below are the results...

oh...and why add it within my P52? well i don't know how much i'll be getting out with this 'personal' challenge so didn't want the thread to disappear...and its all part of my photography development...

1. Ladies in the parade shot with 50mm. Not bad, but needs to be closer. However, who can resist a wide shot of a smile like that :love:

5919851386_2d8a92d8d5.jpg

3. The lad thought he was crooning i'm sure... taken @ 125mm .. even closer, but from further away... must improve on

5919851132_c6465a2287.jpg

4. This dude rode around on a bicycle piano entertaining as he pedalled. Taken @ 50mm so bold steps here..he'd stopped so i went in for the kill...

5919417673_dea3185a6a.jpg

5. Zebedee yoof style.. dude even did a forward flip on these babies... taken with 50mm, witha bit of lens distortion to add texture..

5919417577_6c11964aa1.jpg

6. Gran Turismo ... these girls were a hoot, three old bids riding around on 2 wheeled shopping carts, bopping along to the likes of MC Hammer et al... taken on 50mm to get her all in...

5919979622_42b1ce1df8.jpg

Hiya Kev,

Looks like you had a great day out togging. Like the photos in your 'mini challenge', and can see you had some fun with your new 50mm (great lens).

Out of the set my favs have to be 2, 4, 6 (although #2 looks like it has quite a bit of noise). #4 is brilliant and my ubber favourite. Had to giggle at #6 .. that is classic and I can just imagine how the old gals were bopping away on their shopping carts :LOL:

Is there a reason you chose to convert them to B&W?

BTW I like your take on the Elaborate theme ... very colourful.

Well done

Cheers

Hiya Kev,

Looks like you had a great day out togging. Like the photos in your 'mini challenge', and can see you had some fun with your new 50mm (great lens).

going back again today..i do hope the weather brightens for both of us ;)

Out of the set my favs have to be 2, 4, 6 (although #2 looks like it has quite a bit of noise). #4 is brilliant and my ubber favourite. Had to giggle at #6 .. that is classic and I can just imagine how the old gals were bopping away on their shopping carts :LOL:

i'm going to post more from yesterday and obviously today as the grannies will be back i hope...and no doubt rimski on the piano. The little girl has noise because i aded it, just a little PP i wanted to try...so the photo didn't look the same..

Is there a reason you chose to convert them to B&W?

I wanted to try and draw out the subjects and i felt colour tends to distract and meld. I also read somewhere that the true 'greats' shoot B&W, so i thought i'd trymono conversion...

BTW I like your take on the Elaborate theme ... very colourful.

Well done

Cheers

thanks, this one i kept in colour as the cart deserved to shine.. (y)

Hope today's togging is a good one

Just want to share some more from yesterday before i head out into the midday sun...

Caught with a sharp intake of breath...

5921439642_4b7495395c_z.jpg

going back again today..i do hope the weather brightens for both of us ;)

i'm going to post more from yesterday and obviously today as the grannies will be back i hope...and no doubt rimski on the piano. The little girl has noise because i aded it, just a little PP i wanted to try...so the photo didn't look the same..

I wanted to try and draw out the subjects and i felt colour tends to distract and meld. I also read somewhere that the true 'greats' shoot B&W, so i thought i'd trymono conversion...

thanks, this one i kept in colour as the cart deserved to shine.. (y)

Hope today's togging is a good one

Hiya Kev

Great stuff, thanks you have a great day out togging too.

The weather should improve today.

Cheers

I was going to post this in Nude and Glamour...but i was unsure as to whether they would see the humour in it... the charming lady even offered to pay me £10 per photo....for 'nude' shots ... or at least i got the impression she was paying ME ....

5920874039_20272a72e3_b.jpg

..should i be adding a NSFW to my thread now that i have a 'woman' ... showing a bit of leg..? :D

Last edited:
and here's one to scare the children with.... don't do well at school you'll end up playing the trombone on the street...

5920909939_6bca950ec5_z.jpg

...and that hat ain't for catching the pennies in... ;)

and here's one to scare the children with.... don't do well at school you'll end up playing the trombone on the street...

5920909939_6bca950ec5_z.jpg

...and that hat ain't for catching the pennies in... ;)

Hiya Kev,

:LOL: now this is what you get up to in pebo ... definitely explains a lot about the way you are :wacky:

You say the hat is not for catching pennies, but I bet there are some in there :naughty:

:D

Cheers

Parade, it's a usual day round P'borough :LOL:
Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Piano, sharp intake of breath and stunned are my favourites.

Good work and, after checking BBC news Peterborough, I'm glad to see no photographers armed with a 40D/ nifty fifty and 7D/ 100-400 combo were arrested!

neil...you forget...donning the ancient ninja pjs of our sacred order, no'one saw me coming or going, let alone attempted to arrest me LOL!!!

i have more pics from today so am PP then now...

so glad you could pick out favs....

(y)

Hiya Kev,

:LOL: now this is what you get up to in pebo ... definitely explains a lot about the way you are :wacky:

You say the hat is not for catching pennies, but I bet there are some in there :naughty:

:D

Cheers

ok..i hold my hands up...this was the national dress of Pebo up until the middle ages..when men are around 35ish...

as for pennies.... i cannot vouch for the quantity of coinage

number 2 and 4 are stand outs for me. A great set you have here, and my goodness what a mixed bag it is! Now the woman showing a bit of leg, is it me or does she look scary?:puke: What's with the coat hanger sticking out of her hood?

(y) thanks michael...the woman was seriously scary... but i think she fancied me... ;)

as for the coat hanger...its a device people use to store clothes in an upright position, to a) eliminate wrinkles and b) allows multiple garments to be stored in miniumal space... surprised you haven't heard of them...?

Hi ya Kev

some great captures in your mini challenge....but that lady with the coat hanger is well scary :eek:

Sharp intake of breath & the piano shots top the bill for me...great processing on them all...well done you :clap:

thanks lynne... the lady in question did leave me her number if anyone fancies a try for some 'Nude and Glamour' submissions??? :puke:

thanks to about processing...i pretty much did the same to each but took each a slightly different level... sharp in take is good isn't he... (y)

They both knew this day would come. The Count had signed up immediately to lead the local regiment off to the frontlines. He'd even promised to wed her the day he came home ...

5940619961_828f727e76_z.jpg

Back