Kennysarmy 2011 Project 52 COMPLETED !!!!

Jeff, glad i've found your thread again.

Loved Wind, well composed and executed.
Evolution is a bit of a miss for me, for the reasons everyone else stated, no point of focus.
Record is an outstanding shot, and great concept, well executed.
Mix is very surreal, and Fun, well it brings back memories of Buckaroo for me when I was a kid (although my hourse looked a lot less cute than the one in your shot!)

Great work, keep it up.

Adie

Buckaroo, god that brings back memories.

The shot hits the theme.
Not a fan of the shadows, but the DOF is nice and the colours are punchy.

However, you've missed a trick with this one, I'd prefer to see the donkey mid buck with a bit of motion blur, that was the fun part of Buckaroo!

Last edited:
Hi, Jeff, as has been stated great colours in mix, but, it look a bit fake to me :thinking:

Fun, spot on. Like it and really like your daughter's expression. Chopped off head doesn't concern me. As Neil said, a bit of motion blur would have been the icing on the cake.

Cheers.

Hi Jeff

great idea for FUN...love her expression & the use of DOF .....the shadows are natural & don't bother me...motion blur would've finished it off nicely though (y)

Pipped to the post on that take on the theme Jeff, but your version is probably the best in the world :LOL:

Love the angle and the DOF.
Colour looks a little flat though.

LOL I never look at anyones submissions until I post my own ;) but I figured I would nt be the only one to take this "angle"...

Actually went to the local garage who have a wine/beer section to take my shot but asked the manager and they refused to let me take a photo :(

So this was done in the garden with one I happened to have in the fridge ;0

Hiya Jeff,

Great shots for both Fun and Volume.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I've not look at many sparkler shots, so I don't know if the central white flare is avoidable or not. In this I find it distracting.
However, looking past that, I love the red glow of the top part of the sparkler and the streaks of light from the sparks and the way some of them explode half way is great.

I've not look at many sparkler shots, so I don't know if the central white flare is avoidable or not. In this I find it distracting.
However, looking past that, I love the red glow of the top part of the sparkler and the streaks of light from the sparks and the way some of them explode half way is great.

Image re-processed...

Haven't seen your thread for a while Jeff - glad that you're still hanging in there.
I'd sort of forgotten how much I like your PP too. Record and weird are superb. Absolutely love both of them.

Of your recent ones I'm really taken by mix. Brilliant idea, and I think that a shot of her face on with the brolly spinning behind her shoulder would have made another great take on it.

Hiya Jeff,

Like the shot for your 'explode' theme, well done!

Cheers

Hi

Loved the idea of your explode shot.... really did but I think after seeing your shot... I'd love to see more...

The sparkler stuffed down a pringle's tube wrapped in brown paper with TMT stencilled down the side .... with the same black background.... I think that would make a great shot brilliant!

Oh and your mix shot is FANTASTIC!!!! Really my fav mix shot I've seen!

Jeff.. i like the close crop of the explode. the red glow and the intense burning that though blown (clearly) adds to the image... the sparks flying randomly is incredible definite (y)

Hiya Jeff

:LOL: believe me I know how you feel .... my 6 year old son can outrun me at his age .... which is so embarrassing ... especially as I used to be a top runner at school :dummy:

Your photo is an excellent capture for the theme and shouts rapid to me.

Well done

Cheers

Nice take on the theme Jeff.
I know rules are to be broken, but should your runner be on the left hand third so she is running into the frame raher than out of it :thinking:

As for out running the children, well, I'm faster but they got more stamina!

Indeed but she was so rapid I kept missing the ideal release and actually thought it added to the tension of the image to have it this way round...

Hiya Jeff,

Great idea for the theme of Weave and a nice sharp shot, however I think that a different composition/framing of the symbol would have benefited the image. I think that the symbol speaks for itself without the inclusion of what it was actually on.

Cheers

jeff abstract is good... love it.. i'd read your reply without seeing the image... looked at and thought..he's mad..??? but no..i can see the boat.. (y)

I like the weave shot Jeff, the angle works well.

Abstract is a good idea.
I'd clocked the word boat before seeing the image but I think I would have got it!
Is it me or is the boat and reflection off centre?
It looks to me that a slight shift to the right is required.

LOL - too much OCD on this forum....

Back