Gary's 365 - Feelings & Emotions (ended early)

Gary, i don't really know what to say about what you have written. But i do see what you mean with the "STOP" and the stop sign in the picture.

Tony

Dude, that brought tears to my eyes. Kudos for having such a wonderful view on life, I do share that with you, but I'm less sure of it than you are.

Chris

Thanks for reading mate, only way to be if you ask me.

Gary.

Gary, i don't really know what to say about what you have written. But i do see what you mean with the "STOP" and the stop sign in the picture.

Tony

Thanks for looking Tony. Sorry I rabbit on so much :D

Gary.

Gary, this is good, very good, in fact so good it should be published, that's all I am saying, simple as that no smilies.
Seriously.

Gary, this is good, very good, in fact so good it should be published, that's all I am saying, simple as that no smilies.
Seriously.

Lots of kids in my neighbourhood got it worse than me, trust me. If they had the time to sit down and tell a story, you would be trully terrified.

Gary.

I came to realise that everyone in life has a story Gary. Some are more dramatic than others but most people have one somewhere.

I have to agree though, you do really need to keep these. Please copy the high res image and a copy of the text and keep them until you have finished. They really are publication material.

I'm just glad I work at home and don't have to blub in the office.

Hi Gary, thanks for our conversation today. As you've noticed Joined up straight away and will explore the site. Take care pugwash.

Mojo, and everyone else. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments, it's awesome to be part of something as one of the gang, instead of on the sidelines. This place is superb!!!

Gary.

Gary,

What a trully mind blowing post, I am not usually a person who sit and reads books. I look at pictures and make my own story up most of the time, Your 365 is different.

Your post is something that you could build books and films from, I'm 22 and i seriously had a small tear in my eye reading this, this is not because i feel like your part of the movie in which the kid gets the world from nothing and when old becomes the millionaire sob story.
(and bareing in mind i dont know you) i think this is because you seem genuine, honest and above all striaght - by this i mean you could have taken a life down the easy route, "I was beaten so i decide to do everything illegal and blame it on my childhood". I'm sure your not golden boy, nor a saint - but to write/snap and mix them toghether to create such a powerful read is trully amazing and is completely against the usual grain in which many poeple would fall into.

Can you do this for every 365 picture you take? Maybe not,
Will TP get bored after the extreamely long posts everyday? Certainly not,
Are you insprational in your approach to the way you look at life? Deffinately to me!

Thank you for a powerful read, on a day in which I felt **** and as if the whole world is on top of me - i realise that even if days are bad - if you want life to be better - its in your hands.

gazedd

Another with tears in her eyes..As others have said your writing is wonderfully discriptive and the pictures enhance the writing/writing enhances the pictures. Thank God you were rescued out of there. It must have been tough leaving all you know at that age even if it was a war zone....or was there no looking back for you?

Jo

Gary,

What a trully mind blowing post, I am not usually a person who sit and reads books. I look at pictures and make my own story up most of the time, Your 365 is different.

Your post is something that you could build books and films from, I'm 22 and i seriously had a small tear in my eye reading this, this is not because i feel like your part of the movie in which the kid gets the world from nothing and when old becomes the millionaire sob story.
(and bareing in mind i dont know you) i think this is because you seem genuine, honest and above all striaght - by this i mean you could have taken a life down the easy route, "I was beaten so i decide to do everything illegal and blame it on my childhood". I'm sure your not golden boy, nor a saint - but to write/snap and mix them toghether to create such a powerful read is trully amazing and is completely against the usual grain in which many poeple would fall into.

Can you do this for every 365 picture you take? Maybe not,
Will TP get bored after the extreamely long posts everyday? Certainly not,
Are you insprational in your approach to the way you look at life? Deffinately to me!

Thank you for a powerful read, on a day in which I felt **** and as if the whole world is on top of me - i realise that even if days are bad - if you want life to be better - its in your hands.

gazedd

Gaz, dunno what to say mate, except tar very much! :D

I won't be able to write posts this length every day, if I am in my airy fairy mood, I can't sit and type for two minutes :D I don't understand where all this has suddenly come from. I guess I have found a hobby, which at last, seems to have stuck for me. The hobby has presented this wierd opportunity for me to dump all the stories, thoughts and emotions I have had trapped in my head for so long. It's feeling great to get it all out - and whilst you might think its strange to share with anyone and everyone, for me, thats part of me telling the world, I'm not ashamed, and I won't hide. Something I should have done so many times in my life previously. The Internet is a great wall to hide behind, which makes this easier.

Gary.

Another with tears in her eyes..As others have said your writing is wonderfully discriptive and the pictures enhance the writing/writing enhances the pictures. Thank God you were rescued out of there. It must have been tough leaving all you know at that age even if it was a war zone....or was there no looking back for you?

Jo

Jo, thanks for reading. After heather placed me in care, there was a lot of back and forth. The long and short of it, Mum had to dump Stepdad, or I was not coming home. I left care at the age of 16, into my own flat courtesy of Barnardos.

Gary.

First off the pic...

There's only two pics I would of thought of for the title, one: Stop sign implanted onto tarmac, two: Stop sign on a roadside.

Yet again you've managed to think outside the box and get something very different.

As for the wording...

Awesome mate, yet again the whole world just stopped for me to read this, tv off, msn off and phone off. I love coming here on night or day and reading what you've put. You really could create a book or something similar. I can imagine times were hard when it all kicked off, but I think instinct tells you to go with the flow and see what happens?

One thing I want to know is, where do you get your motivation from?

I've recently lost my job, before then I was really self motivated, got myself a hobby and enjoying coming on here and viewing peoples work. I've completely lost it now!

As reflected on what somebody said earlier, you seem like a very genuine guy, I could imagine you being an easy person to get on with, as you appreiciate your life and everything around you.

I'll stop typing now before I go into how your words reflect your photography etc!

First off the pic...

There's only two pics I would of thought of for the title, one: Stop sign implanted onto tarmac, two: Stop sign on a roadside.

Yet again you've managed to think outside the box and get something very different.

As for the wording...

Awesome mate, yet again the whole world just stopped for me to read this, tv off, msn off and phone off. I love coming here on night or day and reading what you've put. You really could create a book or something similar. I can imagine times were hard when it all kicked off, but I think instinct tells you to go with the flow and see what happens?

One thing I want to know is, where do you get your motivation from?

I've recently lost my job, before then I was really self motivated, got myself a hobby and enjoying coming on here and viewing peoples work. I've completely lost it now!

As reflected on what somebody said earlier, you seem like a very genuine guy, I could imagine you being an easy person to get on with, as you appreiciate your life and everything around you.

I'll stop typing now before I go into how your words reflect your photography etc!

Hi Whittie,

Thanks for the lovely reply, and chuffed your liking the 365. I guess you guys are a huge part of the motivation for me, I have a small audience of people who seem to be taking something from this, and it's another reason for it to have all happened I guess.

Another motivator for me, I want to understand people. I have a need to know why people react in certain ways, and I need to know what drives someone from a decent person to a monster. I have lots of insecurities about being bullied both at home, at school and a few years ago, at work. Too many coincedences, the answer has to be within me, and I guess after I finish my 365, I will have discovered a lot more abouyt myself, and other people.

With regards to inspiration for the shots etc, I just think the simplest of photos and items can hold massive feelings. The stop sign is just a stupid button on a bus, but to me, it was a representation of a very emotional word. These items are everywhere and whilst not exactly good photos, they can all unlock certain feelings I think. A door handle being twisted, a train ticket, your CV can all mean new beginnings for example. A chipped and cracked mug could represent the wear and tear you feel after a hard period in life...

Sorry for ranting again. Fingers are addicted to typing at times :D

How are you doing RE finding a new job BTW? Sorry to hear about you loosing yours, will be something good for you waiting down the line.

Gary.

Last edited:
I've applied for so many job's i've lost count mate. I fear tomorrow's pic is going to be a CV!!! :LOL:

Enough of me anyway, this is YOUR 365 thread.

I will continue to read with great admiration... look forward for tomorrow.

2631987617_a32ef85571_o.jpg

Wow, where do I begin? How the hell I am supposed to follow up on yesterdays entry? I seemed to go off on one, letting it all out in one massive burst of pure emotion. Something inside went into overdrive as I hammered and battered away at my keyboard as if it were a demon poking fun at me, begging for my punishment.

The thing is, as I sat reliving a distant nightmare, something else was happening. It would appear I have an internal bank of emotions, and I spent a fortune yesterday. The account was emptied, and it seems I will need to deposit a few pennies before I can start spending again. And therein lies the problem, how can I buy the daily essentials if I have nothing to spend?

Running on empty sure does suck, however the basic emotions seem to reside regardless. Happyness, sadness, grumpyness, anger - they are all present. A massive chunk of my personality has vanished though, the edge seems to have been taken off all my emotions and quirks, and I am left a little muted as a result.

Today, I feel emotionally spent and I am in desperate need for a few hand outs.

Gary.

Last edited:
AARRGGHHH - Don't know what I can give you

Apart from my continued support through your sublime 365! I'm personally 'Happy'! Happy to be reading this 365, happy to see such good pictures, happy that the sun is shining through the window, happy that I joined this forum of bloody nice people, happy to be able to do something I enjoy (Photography), happy that I won golf last night after never really paying it before and happy that I'm seeing some good friends tonight!

I'm just happy today, so here have some of my 'happy'... :-D

<throws happiness towards gary>

Catch!

Not saying your moody or anything, but looks like you could do with a huge smile and a hug in your last shot, which coincidentally - I love!

Damn, I do love this 365!

Keep it up dude, Can't you make it a 730 and do two installments a day - you have me hooked! :D

No wonder you feel emotionally drained! It must be a heck of a rollercoaster getting all that down on paper. You obviously didn't just write the surface story, we got it from deep down and it showed, That's why it is special, just as you are.

Like Snowball, I'm happy. I had a hell of a day at work yesterday, could cheerfully have strangled one director but today is a new day. And I'm always grateful for that.
I'm lucky just to be here at all, died on an operating table 4 years ago and if not for a brilliant team of people I would not be here today so, for me, every day starts with just simply being grateful I'm here. Simple things like smelling the rain this morning, my day is made already.

Have some of my contentment Gary. :)

Feeling like a wrung out dishcloth after that out pouring is only natural I think but like any draining experience, a day or two to recover is only expected. FWIW, your pictures are telling the story well and your dialogue fills in more gaps than I thought I would ever see on a photography forum. The hidden lives behind the lenses are usualy that, hidden, and it takes a brave, or some would say stupid, man to reveal themselves quite so deeply and openly.

So, have one of these >> :hug: but better still, give your wife and your son one, trusting in the knowledge that YOU are what prevents them having to say Stop the way you did.

AARRGGHHH - Don't know what I can give you

Apart from my continued support through your sublime 365! I'm personally 'Happy'! Happy to be reading this 365, happy to see such good pictures, happy that the sun is shining through the window, happy that I joined this forum of bloody nice people, happy to be able to do something I enjoy (Photography), happy that I won golf last night after never really paying it before and happy that I'm seeing some good friends tonight!

I'm just happy today, so here have some of my 'happy'... :-D

<throws happiness towards gary>

Catch!

Not saying your moody or anything, but looks like you could do with a huge smile and a hug in your last shot, which coincidentally - I love!

Damn, I do love this 365!

Keep it up dude, Can't you make it a 730 and do two installments a day - you have me hooked! :D

Haha :D Two a day would kill me ;) I am enjoying it, I think a healthy mix of light hearted stuff, serious stuff and a few just crazy (think Sugar Puffs) is most beneficial to me. I know the deep and powerful posts will have the most impact, but every day would be impossible.

I think though, I could think more about my other photographs too, and maybe try and connect to the feelings in them, maybe a sentance or two will help bring relate what I see in the shot.

Thanks again for checking in, glad you are enjoying.

Gary.

No wonder you feel emotionally drained! It must be a heck of a rollercoaster getting all that down on paper. You obviously didn't just write the surface story, we got it from deep down and it showed, That's why it is special, just as you are.

Like Snowball, I'm happy. I had a hell of a day at work yesterday, could cheerfully have strangled one director but today is a new day. And I'm always grateful for that.
I'm lucky just to be here at all, died on an operating table 4 years ago and if not for a brilliant team of people I would not be here today so, for me, every day starts with just simply being grateful I'm here. Simple things like smelling the rain this morning, my day is made already.

Have some of my contentment Gary. :)

Wow - scary stuff re 4 years ago :( You made it, and you have a great outlook :) Your comments are inspiring, definately.

Thanks for the kind words as always :)

G.

Feeling like a wrung out dishcloth after that out pouring is only natural I think but like any draining experience, a day or two to recover is only expected. FWIW, your pictures are telling the story well and your dialogue fills in more gaps than I thought I would ever see on a photography forum. The hidden lives behind the lenses are usualy that, hidden, and it takes a brave, or some would say stupid, man to reveal themselves quite so deeply and openly.

So, have one of these >> :hug: but better still, give your wife and your son one, trusting in the knowledge that YOU are what prevents them having to say Stop the way you did.

:) My Mum thinks I am crazy / stupid for doing it. I have nothing to hide, noone to hide from, so I guess I have nothing to loose.
I just hope maybe I can help other realise life is what you make it.

G.

Fantastic, again. Remember, you don't have to trump the previous days, each installment is new and interesting. I have just woken up and had to get onto TP just to see if you'd posted yet today! Its gripping stuff mate.

Aww cheers mate :)

Gary.

Will buy you a beer next time I am in the capital Gary :beer:

*Subrscibes to thread*

Jesus CHRIST Gary, Ive only just managed to read yesterdays installment. You seriously need to consider writing. Writing what, I have no idea. But you need to think about it.

I am absolutley blown away.

Back