Autopano, Panoweaver, Panorama Factory..? Which one and why.

• Thread starter Deleted member 9479
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9479

Hi All.

Just got back from a shoot in the Peaks and got a great panoramic across Monsal Head. Did the do in Canon Photostich and is ok, but not bril. Went online and downloaded what appears to be the 3 best demos for panos and all appear to work, kinda, but with slightly different results and processing times, methods, file sizes etc..

I would apprechatee some feedback from anyone on these 3 programmes and why you do (or don't) use the one you do.

I have to admit, even wth just running the 'auto stich' parts of these demos I can now see why having a dedicated pano programme is much better than a freebie or bolt-on. 10 times better.. but which one..?

:bonk: ..ah.. just seen this months competition. Please don't think this is a lead in for best advice for this :)

I might enter but thats not the reason for the original question.

TBH, I would put the series of pics through each of the programmes, get the results printed at whatever size you're likely to want them then look at the results from a normal viewing distance. The software I use is called Panorama Maker and is from ArcSoft. Pretty sure it came bundled with a Canon Scanner a few years ago.

Any reason why you're not considering PTGUI Pro?

This is a very highly regarded app. (If you've already narrowed your decision down to those 3 apps, I don't want to confuse the situation though!)

ahh.. because I've never heard of it.. until now. Just downloaded the trial so I'll see what this has to offer.

Back