weekly Week 31 - Mono

Hi ya

Space...the pano type crop in mono works well to me ...with sky cropped out completely I prefer it even more (y) Agree with others re lnining the shot up straight down of the lines

Work...like it , good angle , sharp , slash of color , don't even mind the clipped bottom...definately a winner for me :clap:

Hi ya

Space...the pano type crop in mono works well to me ...with sky cropped out completely I prefer it even more (y) Agree with others re lnining the shot up straight down of the lines

Work...like it , good angle , sharp , slash of color , don't even mind the clipped bottom...definately a winner for me :clap:

Thanks for looking and the FB :)

Work shot very clever original and well done.

Shame with the gluttony the pink cake just spoils the lines. Apart from that very nice.

As above really, it's a nice shot only spoiled slightly by the out of place cake!
Interesting lighting too, if a smidge on the dark side?! Nice shot!

Nice composition (but you maybe should have eaten the pink cake at the back before taking the shot). Nice lines otherwise with a good contrast in colours.

feel the same as everyone else the stray cake is rather odd it looks like it has been forced into the rest of the cakes too

Work shot very clever original and well done.

Shame with the gluttony the pink cake just spoils the lines. Apart from that very nice.

As above really, it's a nice shot only spoiled slightly by the out of place cake!
Interesting lighting too, if a smidge on the dark side?! Nice shot!

Nice composition (but you maybe should have eaten the pink cake at the back before taking the shot). Nice lines otherwise with a good contrast in colours.

feel the same as everyone else the stray cake is rather odd it looks like it has been forced into the rest of the cakes too

Thanks guys for the FB, the story behind the odd cake, I was walking pass my local Cake and Savoury shop and cheekily asked if I could take some shots of their display, 20 or so shots later in-between customers, did not want to push my luck and ask them to remove that cake.

You should have bought it! LOL - good shot al the same (y)

Last edited:
Hi Everton

yet more scrummy looking cakes....how did you not buy that one ! For a shot in a shop , with all the problems of lighting that brings I think you've done really well...I actually quite like the the odd cake positioning. Good texture & detail in the icing & good colors with a nice black BG (y)....I might be tempted to crop just above the oof ones at the front though

Hi Everton

yet more scrummy looking cakes....how did you not buy that one ! For a shot in a shop , with all the problems of lighting that brings I think you've done really well...I actually quite like the the odd cake positioning. Good texture & detail in the icing & good colors with a nice black BG (y)....I might be tempted to crop just above the oof ones at the front though

Thanks for the FB and taking a look (y)

Time.... Were has that gone

This is my Son and Daugher, the Photo was took 23yrs ago and I would like to think that both have grown up into beautiful young adults....

But I think I'm abit biased... FB welcome and thanks for looking

Last edited:
Hi Everton

thats a beautiful shot & deserves framing & hanging on a wall...fits the theme perfectly (y) Small crit would be ...slightly on the squiff...the lower edge of the frame gives it away & possbly a touch too warm on the WB but that may be my screen

I too think that's beautiful, not sure it's not straight - more that it's at a slight angle to the camera. Love that you can actually see the resemblances to them both.

And couldn't fit the theme more perfectly either.

Hi Everton

thats a beautiful shot & deserves framing & hanging on a wall...fits the theme perfectly (y) Small crit would be ...slightly on the squiff...the lower edge of the frame gives it away & possbly a touch too warm on the WB but that may be my screen

Thanks for the FB :), did try to have a play in PS,

I too think that's beautiful, not sure it's not straight - more that it's at a slight angle to the camera. Love that you can actually see the resemblances to them both.

And couldn't fit the theme more perfectly either.

Thanks fo the FB :)

Week 9-Juxtaposition

Well hope the shot fit the theme this week ( Had to look on line to work it out). Again left it late to post this week if I was going to get in on time
Have my own ideas on what I could have done better (More BG, remove the glow around his head to name two)

Thanks for looking and FB very welcome :)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehd_photo/8538507417/][/URL]

Last edited:
Hi, Everton, Time is a good one. Great eye contact, well composed and sweet origional photograph. Looks a tad noisy.

Juxtaposition, bag on theme and rather sad. I thought I smelt a set up photograph at first but I'll give you the benefit of doubt ;) Hard to avoid him where he's sat. Gritty B&W may work for this one give the nature of the photograph.

Cheers.

Good juxtaposition of the beggar and the cashpoint. I'm thinking it looks like your son in yourtime shot. Or is the juxtaposition the beggar in the designer clothes?
Either way, good shot on a tough theme.

Nice idea, well done.

Nice photo and works with the theme for me. Agree seeing it in b&w would be good.

Hi Everton, your juxtaposition is certainly on theme for me.
I think a B&W conversion with perhaps a gritty processing feel to it would nail it down more.
I, like others have mentioned feel the subject is too fresh and clean to fit the intention behind the image. Other than that, spot on (y) Iain

Hi, Everton, Time is a good one. Great eye contact, well composed and sweet origional photograph. Looks a tad noisy.

Juxtaposition, bag on theme and rather sad. I thought I smelt a set up photograph at first but I'll give you the benefit of doubt ;) Hard to avoid him where he's sat. Gritty B&W may work for this one give the nature of the photograph.

Cheers.

yeah I assumed this was setup too! :)
nice idea though

shame about the flash reflection on the wall and persepctive seems a bit off to me, but thats being picky ;)

Good juxtaposition of the beggar and the cashpoint. I'm thinking it looks like your son in yourtime shot. Or is the juxtaposition the beggar in the designer clothes?
Either way, good shot on a tough theme.

Nice idea, well done.

Hi ya

well thought oout & set up Juxtaposition image.....the bank & the beggar & the beggar in branded cloths...2 for one (y) he looks a little to clean to be a street person somaybe B&W would have added to it ?

Nice photo and works with the theme for me. Agree seeing it in b&w would be good.

Hi Everton, your juxtaposition is certainly on theme for me.
I think a B&W conversion with perhaps a gritty processing feel to it would nail it down more.
I, like others have mentioned feel the subject is too fresh and clean to fit the intention behind the image. Other than that, spot on (y) Iain

Thanks you all for your FB:)
As some of you have guessed it was set up by myself.... will take a look at dong a B&W conversion, Thanks again everyone ;)

Time is sweet.

I like the shot for Juxtaposition, but for the fact that the bum dresses better than I do. Really nice idea in principle, but a little too obvious a fake for me.:D

Time is sweet.

I like the shot for Juxtaposition, but for the fact that the bum dresses better than I do. Really nice idea in principle, but a little too obvious a fake for me.:D

Thanks for taking a look and your FB :)

mission accomplished from me this week.

Sharp focus on the letter, with the dog going slightly Out Of Focus, to help hold your eye on the letter. All edges in shot, nothing cropped (y), and very neat fanning of the top cards.

Well done - good job!

Ho, Everton, Letter, on theme and well composed. One thing that I look for in these types of photographs is perfect symmetry and your almost there.

Cheers.

Juxtaposition, like it, obviously set up (a real beggar might sit near but not right under the cashpoint, as it would annoy potential marks), but interesting even so. As someone said, the branded hoodie adds to it. I too think a mono conversion might work better.

Letter, yes, well it is a letter. Left me a bit flat.

Very well composed, good use of focus and original idea in keeping with theme.

Great take on the theme, is there a slight red cast ( from underside of cards?)

Hi Everton

letter...you have achieved what you set out to do...works really well from the placement of the cards , the DOf & the whiteness contrasting with the black letter (y) ery minor niggle would be the slight color cast to the shadow along the top & under the card ...very minor though

mission accomplished from me this week.

Sharp focus on the letter, with the dog going slightly Out Of Focus, to help hold your eye on the letter. All edges in shot, nothing cropped (y), and very neat fanning of the top cards.

Well done - good job!

Thanks Graham for taking a look and the FB(y)

Time - lovely idea - are you going to repeat it every ten years or so with more and more pictures ?

Juxtaposition - I like the glow behind his head, makes it stand out. I occasionally add a glow in PS to bring the subject out, you have managed it "in camera"

Letter - Good take on the theme

Thanks Christine for taking a look and the FB(y)

Ho, Everton, Letter, on theme and well composed. One thing that I look for in these types of photographs is perfect symmetry and your almost there.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy for taking a look and the FB(y)

Juxtaposition, like it, obviously set up (a real beggar might sit near but not right under the cashpoint, as it would annoy potential marks), but interesting even so. As someone said, the branded hoodie adds to it. I too think a mono conversion might work better.

Letter, yes, well it is a letter. Left me a bit flat.

Thanks Chris for taking a look and the FB(y)

Very well composed, good use of focus and original idea in keeping with theme.

Thanks Dave for taking a look and the FB(y)

I'd agree; you certainly got the effect you wanted with the DoF on the cards. Nice fanned arrangement of them - I know from bitter experience how much of a pain that can be.

On juxtaposition, I really like the shot I do think mono would help sell it a bit.

Thanks Tony for taking a look and the FB(y)

Great take on the theme, is there a slight red cast ( from underside of cards?)

Thanks Lisa for taking a look and the FB(y)

Hi Everton

letter...you have achieved what you set out to do...works really well from the placement of the cards , the DOf & the whiteness contrasting with the black letter (y) ery minor niggle would be the slight color cast to the shadow along the top & under the card ...very minor though

Thanks Lynne for taking a look and the FB(y)

Back