SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Like the snowcapped mountain reflections. The early morning blue glow always feels so clean.

Love the first one Steve ..Great image and prefer it to the B&W

Not sold on the last four the composition is ok they just seem a tad dark in the foreground.

All good, but first is a peach, and those rocks in the water break the symmetry just enough.

Love the first one Steve ..Great image and prefer it to the B&W

Not sold on the last four the composition is ok they just seem a tad dark in the foreground.

Cheers, it was still early and the light wasn't that strong, I could have lifted the shadows but I'd would have ruined the image.

Interesting I used a Lee 0.45 hard edge for the last 4, does the panel thing maybe stacking a 0.6 soft in and allowing a longer exposure would have worked better.

Bit late now though....LOL

All good, but first is a peach, and those rocks in the water break the symmetry just enough.

Maybe sometimes less is more, on a crop with a 50mm its tight...but I wanted to try the lens at this thing and when it came off the camera I thought :D:D

Lovely shots, you must have been more or less exactly where I was on Sunday ( http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=476335 ), right on the curve before the road runs down to Glenridding and the Kirkstone Pass?

This is way up at Pooley Bridge, on the other side of the road to the Glenridding one.

In some of the shots IIRC you'll make out Rampsbeck hotel on my 3-6 ones.

You're a good bit further down the Lake. I had meant to go there, but the light was failing later on so didn't persevere. I am in the NW england a fair bit and make a special trip to the spot you had.

Yours is round from the boat house here...

DSC_0130 by stephentaylor4@hotmail.com, on Flickr

Its not an image for C&C, I took it but as the wind picked up I couldn't get my reflection shots....

I really like them, but I think it could do with longer exposures? I just think the water seems a bit distorted in a way.

Back