Yes another 1, err 365 that is "Still going... sort of"

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to have a go at a 365 inspired by the people who completed a 366last year, not sure how far I'll get but my new years resolution was to take more photos to help improve my shots.

Heres my first not technically a good shot more a family snap tbh but I dont see my gran very often these days so thought it would be a nice shot to start with.

3157842726_d79f30a734_o.jpg

Not sure wether to post every shot here or just link back to my flickr 365 set, quite a lot of 365's starting today by the looks of it so don't really want to over run the forum with them :)

Sean

Last edited:
Nice start. Post them here, much prefer that to links. Good luck with the 365!

Thanks fabs appreciate it mate will help with the motivation :)

We'll have to start a support group for eachother! :LOL:

Thanks Gary, well heres day two's shot.

3160479115_5545b82362_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Excellent photo, very creative. I took a few toy car shots a while back, reminded me of my yoof :LOL:

Gary.

Thanks Gary I loves me toy cars used to have a large collection on display when I was younger gave them all away though thought I was getting to old for them, wish I had kept them now.

Nice shots Sean - good luck!

Cheers dave :)

Struggled today long hard day at work wore me out and I was struggling to come up wih ideas, time was runing out so took the camera and tripod with me when I went to walk the dog only took 2 shots and this one won, not too happy with it really but it's late and Im tired so it will do for today, hopefully tomorrows will be better :)

3164773082_f3ebf8f503_o.jpg

You got out and did it mate that's the main thing, it's quite eerie looking to boot.
Well done for bothering after a tough day, I start back on Monday, see how I get on then!

I think I'm gonna find the same tomorrow Sean when I go back to work. Still, at least you posted a shot, that's the main thing. Keep it going mate!

I'm sure we'll all get days like that. Well done for getting out there though. (y)

Yo should take more pictures of your sister(if it is your sister) she is very pretty

You got out and did it mate that's the main thing, it's quite eerie looking to boot.
Well done for bothering after a tough day, I start back on Monday, see how I get on then!

Cheers cyclone the tree was in the local church yard felt a bit strange hanging round in there late at night so I rushed the shot a bit, it was pitch black other than a few horrible yellow light's on the side of the church building luckely one of them lit the tree.

I think I'm gonna find the same tomorrow Sean when I go back to work. Still, at least you posted a shot, that's the main thing. Keep it going mate!

Cheers Dave, it helps when people comment it motivates me a lot, good luck with tomorrow :)

I'm sure we'll all get days like that. Well done for getting out there though. (y)

Thanks fabs hoping todays should be better, but Im going out for a meal and a drink for my brother in laws birthday so might post something from that not to sure yet.

Yo should take more pictures of your sister(if it is your sister) she is very pretty

Hehe thanks mate it is my sister, but she's not to keen on being in front of the camera, but heres one more from her wedding, which is the hardest thing I have ever done lol.

2667298230_9ffabb55b2.jpg

Thanks again guys

Not a good start missed a posting already lol, did take a few shots but went for a meal and a drink with the family for my brother in laws birthday was far too drunk when I got home to even see the images never mind post one :nono:.

Anyway heres yesterdays better late than never. My mum stangling my dad after he had been winding her up hehe, my sister in the background to.

3171259608_9e1cdc1243_o.jpg

Todays shot the moon taken at about 4pm, there was a really nice sunset about half an hour before I took this but I couldnt find anywhere to get a nice shot of it with a nice forground interest so settled on the moon instead.

3171259838_b80162469e_o.jpg

I love the womans expression in the background in the Day 4 pic! (y)

Was out with the dog early this morning it was bloody freezing but I got a few shots I was happy with. Went back out this afternoon hoping to get some nice sunset shots only for it to dissaear behind some clouds before I got there lol.

I tried hard to tone down the blown part of the sky but to no avail still pretty happy with it though.
3173095129_f592058caa_o.jpg

3173930208_fc33f8edff_o.jpg

3173095507_d06b4ee35c_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Left it a bit late tonight but still day 7 to me as I haven't went to bed yet ;)

My first attempt at water drops which was very difficult as all of the taps in my house are to short and not adjustable so I couldn't get a constant flow of drops to focus on. I had to use an old blowerbrush bulb and fill it with water and hand hold it while pressing the shutter on the camera as the battery in my remote died lol after 40 minutes of trying this was my best shot.

3177673651_bed59692f5_o.jpg

May try this again on Sunday when I visit my parents as it will be a lot easier to set up there.

Thanks for looking

Sean

I've never even tried it, so kudos to you for giving it a go! (y)

No work today so took the dog out for a couple of hours this morning, took about 80 shots in total and only go a couple that I liked I seem to be getting worse :( . Anway heres one from this morning that I liked.

3180635636_08f19fc63c_o.jpg

Also went out tonight to put into practice what Davekiddle told me in his thread yesterday some light trails and some stars on poles ;)

3180655178_7673425c0d_o.jpg

Cheers

Sean

Nice trail shot. Agree about the starbursts as well. (y)

They are some very good starbursts!

Nice trail shot. Agree about the starbursts as well. (y)

Hey Sean, great starbursts! Nice one!

I like the bird shot too :)

Thanks guys appreciated :)

Not enough time today so it was either something indoors with the lightbox, a self portrait (will probably do one eventually but I don't like being on the lens side of the camera) or out in the garden for another moon shot, decided on the moon shot as the moon looked amazing tonight and the sky was really clear, had a bit of a read on bringing out the colour and this is what I came up with, quite pleased with it even if I do say so myself, Id like to thank jgs001 for the inspiration.

3182440739_a739162f44_o.jpg

Sean

Loving that shot Sean, almost surreal with all those colours! (y) I'm going to try and get a moon shot tomorrow evening, weather permitting. Never done one before, any tips?

Loving that shot Sean, almost surreal with all those colours! (y) I'm going to try and get a moon shot tomorrow evening, weather permitting. Never done one before, any tips?

Thanks Fabs I think its the rest of the 365'ers that are keeping me going with this really, not getting many comments other than from you guys.. you know who you are :)

Erm tips use the longest Lens you have, tripod, liveview if available if not mirror lockup (assuming Sony's work similar to Canons where liveview locks the mirror) manual focus (zoom in on liveview if you can I usuallu use the 10x Liveview zoom lts you see the details well enough to see if they are sharp or not), I usually do a few test shots Starting at f5.6 1/150 seem to find f8 or f11 sharpest this was shot at f11 1/60 may take a few shots to find the sweet spot of your lens, HTH.

Oooooohhhhhh, I like that (y)

Thanks Chilli much appreciated mate :)

Cheers Sean. Not got liveview so will have to make do with the viewfinder.

I think we'll all keep going with this if we keep our support group together. ;)

Cheers Sean. Not got liveview so will have to make do with the viewfinder.

I think we'll all keep going with this if we keep our support group together. ;)

No probs fabs oh forgot to mention to use self timer or a remote ;).

I think your right there mate I'm sure we can make it through this, you never know we might get to the end of the year and have to set up 365'ers anonymous as we can't stop posting :LOL:

No probs fabs oh forgot to mention to use self timer or a remote ;).

I think your right there mate I'm sure we can make it through this, you never know we might get to the end of the year and have to set up 365'ers anonymous as we can't stop posting :LOL:

Have a wireless remote so no problem there. I think the longer we keep going, the more interest may be drawn in.

Back